Bono -- last night 21/08/01

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatDubh

Refugee

I know he doesn't want us to feel sorry for him, but I can't help it!

Poor baby!

frown.gif

He does look kinda worn-out
frown.gif
On one hand he wanted to send out Kite again on that day for his father. On the other hand, I hope he spent a lot of time with his family.
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

This is from u2.com

Last night's show was different for another reason as earlier in the day Bob Hewson, who had been ill for a long time, finally broke free of his illness. It was a particularly poignant show for the capacity 18,000 crowd.

'Hello, I'm really, really, really happy to be in this city, here in London this night, thank you,' said Bono, after a searing opening sequence of Elevation, Beautiful Day and Gone. 'Really we started out our whole life as recording people here in this town in London, we signed our record deal here, we lived around the corner here just when we were 18, 19 years old and I want to thank all the people who've been with us since way back then, people who've helped us out, people whose floors we slept on, record company people whose noses we've broken, want to thank you all.'

In recent shows Bono has been dedicating Kite to his father, 'the last of the opera stars' and last night was also a tribute to Bob Hewson.

'I also want to thank my old man, my father for giving me this voice that I have. He was a fine tenor and he said to me that if only I'd had his voice just think what might have happened.. 'A lot of attitude and he was very ill over the last week and he's no longer ill 'cos he's free of all that now, my old man has left the planet, like Elvis or something... 'This is a song I thought I wrote the lyrics for my kids but I think my old man wrote it for me, this is Kite..'

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

What will he be like on his home ground, there'll probably so much emotion being back here in Ireland

Shauna xxx

Wow, Bono is something else.....we can only admire and strive to be more like him.

I was thinking about his father's illness and what this might mean emotionally for Bono.
I only wish I could be there for him, because his words meant so much to me and comforted me when I lost my dear brother last winter. I cannot count the times when I heard him sing and it literally felt like he was talking to me, telling me that I must be strong and have faith. I have never been a deeply religious person, but I believed everything I "heard" him telling me. So, I truly feel for him, and probably the thing I would tell him was, "Thank you, for being there for me". He will never know why, but I have alot to thank him for. I love him for that, God Bless Bono and his family. My prayers are with them.

Originally posted by AM:
I don?t know where he gets the strengh to go on.

frown.gif
I know, that show must have been so hard for him.

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Thank you for posting those. He's so incredible, bless his little heart. I think he looks just precious. It must have helped for him to be with his fans and share his story with the audience. He is a special man of faith and class. Here is another picture of him with his father.
frown.gif

f312788.jpg

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

The man has got to be a pure basket case right now... but whatever happens to him, the Lord is with him. He will have his time to mourn, but Bono is in God's hands and that's the best place for him to be.
smile.gif
God Bless him... He probably doesn't know what to think right now... on the one hand he's got the baby and he just celebrated 19 years of marriage, and on the other hand his father has been called Home. There has to be a lot of mixed emotions there, and I know the rest of the band will support him.

I really marvel at his strength during all this, his ability to still perform nightly and not to fall apart totally. What a guy...

bonodtdtshirt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom