Bono, John, and Ali with short blonde hair...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by mad1:
Bonoforever, lets u and I write to the sun with a real picture of Ali and Bono, and we can do a 'Spot the 20 differences' test with the editors, prize being we both continue to buy their paper as long as its the real ting!

or maybe if they dont win the comp, we splat them with big cheescakes and bricks and car-tyres........
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Haha! Somehow I think we'd win!
icon12.gif

Considering Dominic claims to be a U2 fan and has met them so many times - if he still doesn't know who Ali and Bono are then it's about time you and I took over!

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
He's only 6 months old!

Just want to apologise for posting this yesterday - it was first thing in the morning, the picture was blurry and b/w in the paper and it could have easily been them (I was going to scan it in the first place)

But there aint no way thats Ali!
smile.gif

I know...but babies grow...lol...oh wait..if he has any of Bono's genetics, that boy is destined to be short...hehe (that was a compliment, I'm as short as they come...)

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

For those of you with the slightest lingering doubts- look at this pic. Bono DID fly his family over to NY and he DID walk around the city with them while he was in town. Here is the pic of him and his daughters at the time of the MSG shows on the streets of NY. No Ali or baby, but look at our darling Bono and compare him to the chap in the above photos. NO FREAKIN' WAY!
Our Bono is much more adorable, but the bottom line is, the guy in The Sun ain't him, the girl and baby ain't his, end of story.
bp2.JPG

Color version-(Eve is 10 not 8 though!)
bono.jpg

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-06-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
For those of you with the slightest lingering doubts- look at this pic. Bono DID fly his family over to NY and he DID walk around the city with them while he was in town. Here is the pic of him and his daughters at the time of the MSG shows on the streets of NY. No Ali or baby, but look at our darling Bono and compare him to the chap in the above photos. NO FREAKIN' WAY!
Our Bono is much more adorable, but the bottom line is, the guy in The Sun ain't him, the girl and baby ain't his, end of story.
bp2.JPG

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-06-2001).]

Nice pic U2K - but I believe you! I may have started the post in the first place
but unless Bono & Ali went for his and hers plastic surgery that aint them!

biggrin.gif

Thanks Bonoforever. I saw them in Philly after they were in NY and Bono still looks the same, no plastic surgery, leg extensions, cheap clothes or 'sweetest thing' look- I didn't see John but I assume he's dressed cool,not in pink, his brother Eli wears leather jackets, and hopefully Ali hasn't gone for that girl's hairdo!

It's interesting though, Bonoforever you and Mad1 should try to get some kind of money from The Sun for exposing the mistake!

My final question on this is, did the guy from the paper really mistake these people for Bono and his family or were they picked out and posed to trick people who don't know U2 as well as us?

I found this icon very useful for this thread, it's like- 'huh uh. nope.'
icon25.gif

Originally posted by DML:
I know...but babies grow...lol...oh wait..if he has any of Bono's genetics, that boy is destined to be short...hehe (that was a compliment, I'm as short as they come...)

The best things come in small packages - especially Bono!

It's interesting though, Bonoforever you and Mad1 should try to get some kind of money from The Sun for exposing the mistake!

My final question on this is, did the guy from the paper really mistake these people for Bono and his family or were they picked out and posed to trick people who don't know U2 as well as us?

I actually have to ring a friend who works on the Sun later today to try and sort out some other stuff - think I'm gonna mention it to her!

Don't think we'd get any money but they might run a paragraph saying that woman wasn't Ali. Even if that was Bono and the babysitter (which I doubt) there aint no way thats Ali!

biggrin.gif

It wasn't Ali, but it would be her before it was Bono! Compare him to the pic I posted of him in NYC a few days ago. NO WAY. I guarantee this with my life and a billion dollars. That just plain isn't him, doesn't look like him, take another look. Don't worry about the babysitter issue,(remember Bono dresses his sons in leather not pink fluff) it's none of them! GUARANTEED! Go ahead and call the Sun, this one is for sure!

It wasn't Ali, but it would be her before it was Bono! Compare him to the pic I posted of him in NYC a few days ago. NO WAY. I guarantee this with my life and a billion dollars. That just plain isn't him, doesn't look like him, take another look. Don't worry about the babysitter issue,(remember Bono dresses his sons in leather not pink fluff) it's none of them! GUARANTEED! Go ahead and call the Sun, this one is for sure!

LMAO! Just told my friend - she thought it was hillarious and she's gone off to tell him now! If I was him I'd be so embarrased!

biggrin.gif

You won't have to be embarrassed! They will deny the mistake because THEY are embarrassed but it can be proven!
Like Mad1 said, name 20 differences!
1.The baby is a girl
2.The guy is too tall
3.his legs are too long
4.his hair is too short
5.he doesn't have the right shaped chin
6.his face is different at the jawbone
7.Bono doesn't wear cheap tacky plastic jackets(he wears leather, even in the summer!)
8.Bono doesn't wear his ring on that finger
9.Bono wears a cammo hat, not a lame black one like that
10.Bono wears blue shades, not that kind
11.His clothes and hers do not look like they were bought by millionaires
12.neither does the stroller
13.I would say these people are a good 10 years younger than Bono and Ali at least(though Bono and Ali are better looking!)
14.Bono dresses his sons in leather not pink
15.Where are the other kids
16.No security, domestic help or crowd of swarming fans(they could tell the difference)
17.Ali is shaped different and so is her face
18.Ali is not that much shorter than Bono
19.Bono doesn't wear that kind of shoes-NEVER
20.That's not Ali's smile or dimple

If I go back and look at the pic I'm sure I could find more. I think what's behind this is a photographer who knows of Bono but doesn't know him as well as we do and he made a mistake and no one bothered to check up on his story. Those imposters probably want to be paid too, after being spread all over the tabloids and the internet LOL!

You won't have to be embarrassed! They will deny the mistake because THEY are embarrassed but it can be proven!
Like Mad1 said, name 20 differences!
1.The baby is a girl
2.The guy is too tall
3.his legs are too long
4.his hair is too short
5.he doesn't have the right shaped chin
6.his face is different at the jawbone
7.Bono doesn't wear cheap tacky plastic jackets(he wears leather, even in the summer!)
8.Bono doesn't wear his ring on that finger
9.Bono wears a cammo hat, not a lame black one like that
10.Bono wears blue shades, not that kind
11.His clothes and hers do not look like they were bought by millionaires
12.neither does the stroller
13.I would say these people are a good 10 years younger than Bono and Ali at least(though Bono and Ali are better looking!)
14.Bono dresses his sons in leather not pink
15.Where are the other kids
16.No security, domestic help or crowd of swarming fans(they could tell the difference)
17.Ali is shaped different and so is her face
18.Ali is not that much shorter than Bono
19.Bono doesn't wear that kind of shoes-NEVER
20.That's not Ali's smile or dimple

If I go back and look at the pic I'm sure I could find more. I think what's behind this is a photographer who knows of Bono but doesn't know him as well as we do and he made a mistake and no one bothered to check up on his story. Those imposters probably want to be paid too, after being spread all over the tabloids and the internet LOL!

*resisting temptation to email them your list*

LMAO U2K! The guy looks like Bono.... with leg extentions and 10 years ago! But he's not Even Better Than The Real Thing!

When I was talking about people getting embarrased I meant him (Dominic Mohan) getting embarrased. And he will be! Photographer was freelance - so the papers which ran the story (Sun & Mirror) would have paid a lot of money to buy the photos off the guy who took them!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

biggrin.gif

That's it, the freelance guy staged this and ripped them off, what a joke! The guy's head resembles Bono of the Sweetest Thing video only I think, circa late 1998, no other time in his life and his body is way off! Besides, we all know Ali copies Bono's hairdos so she would not dye her hair blonde if he didn't. This is a farce, and the repercussions are yet to be seen. I'm glad you turned this in, see what happens. Maybe they'll print an apology or a retraction- and credit you!

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Sooo which suit were YOU talkin' bout??
wink.gif

Birthday suit....

~Phona~
Angel in devil's shoes

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 11-06-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom