Bono-isms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2bonogirl said:
i wasnt going to mention the scar because i was leaving it for someone else! :D im glad somebody finally said it.
that scar awakens something in me that - well-
nevermind

Would this be the scar in question? :angel:

scar.jpg

awww such beautiful things have already been said.

I :heart: Bonos heart, which is just beautiful!
- his way with words - beautiful lyrics!
- the way Bono never gives up in somthing he believes in
- his accent and of course his beautiful singing voice and the way he gets his points across clearly! (Brighton Speech for ex.)
- his sense of humour
- his eyes and how he looks people straight in the eye
- his little wiggles on stage
- the way he plays with the camera
- how he gives so much time to fans and isn't afraid to give out hugs, kisses and car rides here and there
- his hair, the way it moves
- his interaction with the other guys (esp Edge) on stage

Bono is just a very special man! :hug:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
I love the "Bono shuffle".
I love his sleeves.
I love the accent.
I love the sheepish look he gets when he's trying not to smile...
I love his smile.
I love when he is tender with the other members on the band on stage.
I love his faith in God.
I love his rosary.
I love his blue eyes.
I love his blue eyes behind his shades.
I love his freckles.

Most of all, above everything else...I love his heart. He has a poet's soul with a dirty mouth, he's something so far beyond myself and yet just like me. He is grand and at the same time humble. He has a vision of a world that is much different than ours is...his vision is beautiful and he is slowly bringing it piece by painstaking piece into reality. Yes, it's his heart that's got my own. :heart:

That's perfect, just perfect. And when he says love... :faint:
I really have to try to bring my Bono obsession down a bit. I just started going out with this guy and I don't think its right for me to be drooling over Bono.
On second thought...
That's my bf's problem, not mine! He better get used to my obsession and realize my heart has already been taken by another man real quick or there's going to be some problems.
Haha, my obsession must be real bad if I'm willing to break up with a guy over Bono. Do you guys think that's bad? :reject:

Seriously? No. Not at all.

It would be one thing if you were "obsessed" merely over his physical appearance but that's not the case. You admire this man for his music, his passions and vision for the world. The man is a Nobel Peace Prize laureate!

Can your new boy say that much about his Pam Anderson poster? Me thinketh not. :sexywink:

i am sooo lucky my guy lets me drool over bono all i want! he went into the relationship having seen me go psycho every time they came on the radio or when they were in a magazine.
he knew:wink:
that scar picture:drool:
*click*
*save*
*thud*

I love you all! You always make me feel so much better.
Hehe, in the car on the way to the movies today, I played U2 for my bf. The CD? Achtung Baby. The songs? The Fly, Mysterious Ways, One. I didn't think it was appropriate to play Even Better Than The Real Thing at the time. :wink:
Bono is such a great person. I can't put it into words, I really can't. Another thing I love about him? How he can make me cry by singing a song like Kite or Walk On. Those songs move me in such a deep and profound way and just tear me up inside. I'm going to cry now! :sad: :sad:

macphistofreak said:
I didn't think it was appropriate to play Even Better Than The Real Thing at the time. :wink:

:up: :laugh:

macphistofreak said:
Bono is such a great person. I can't put it into words, I really can't. Another thing I love about him? How he can make me cry by singing a song like Kite or Walk On. Those songs move me in such a deep and profound way and just tear me up inside. I'm going to cry now! :sad: :sad: [/B]

Amen to that...his voice touches a deep place in my heart. :heart:

u2bonogirl said:
y'know. i dont think bono would be one to really deal with spiders....i dont know why i say that but i picture him more screaming for ali to come squish it for him and running to the other side of the room while she picks it up and puts it outside.
and if thats what he does: theres just another adorable thing about him!

Haha, y'know, I could see that, I really could, and it WOULD be adorable. But it's okay, he can cling to me if he gets scared :wink: of course I think I'd cling onto him first... I can see it now...

Me: Bono help there's a spider!! *cling*
Bono: Spider?! *cling* um, EDGE! there's an, em, could you, well, there's this...
Edge: ...rabid fangirl attached to you?
Bono: No, actually, it's, em...
Adam: *walks in my front door* Hey, there's this really cool spider outside, you guys should check it out.
Bono: ...that's, er...actually, what I...*clings tighter, edges away from door*
Me: *in heaven*
Adam: :eyebrow:
Edge: ...don't tell me you're afraid of the spider?
Bono: Well, I'm not exactly AFRAID...just, eh, maybe a little, y'know, wary...it's an, em, big spider.
Larry: *walks in with the spider on his shoulder* Well it seems I've found a new friend.
Everyone: AAAHHHH!!!!
Larry: ... fookin' pansies. *takes spider off his shoulder, puts it on floor, squishes it*
Edge: Well look what you've done now, you've ruined this poor girl's floor with arachnid innards!
Me: I don't mind *still in heaven*
Bono: Is-is it gone?
Everyone: Yes Bono.
Bono: ...right. *suddenly lets go of me* Well, em, we've got some important work to do, you know, important album stuff, so ah, this, this didn't... you don't have to mention this to anyone, alright?
Edge: It never happened.
That night on Interference...
The Edge: *posting* ...and then Bono screamed like a little girl and clung to some fangirl! All because of some spider!

...I have no idea why I suddenly felt compelled to write a whole little story, but there ya go. I'm weird and random and sad like that. Is it pathetic that I imagine elaborate scenarios like that with U2?

macphistofreak - I know exactly how you feel. Literally. I feel the exact same way about Bono...I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's in love with someone I've never met.

celia said:
awww such beautiful things have already been said.

I :heart: Bonos heart, which is just beautiful!
- his way with words - beautiful lyrics!
- the way Bono never gives up in somthing he believes in
- his accent and of course his beautiful singing voice and the way he gets his points across clearly! (Brighton Speech for ex.)
- his sense of humour
- his eyes and how he looks people straight in the eye
- his little wiggles on stage
- the way he plays with the camera
- how he gives so much time to fans and isn't afraid to give out hugs, kisses and car rides here and there
- his hair, the way it moves
- his interaction with the other guys (esp Edge) on stage

Bono is just a very special man! :hug:

I agree with everything here! :cute::cute::cute::up:

His heart. - He seems like a gentlemen and you can see he clearly loves his family.
I?like how he actually talks about important issues and he does something about it. Some celebrities do this but they come off as fake. He seems very genuine.
His accent!- I find the Irish accent and Irishmen incredibly sexy.
The hair! Especially during the JT-AB stage.
How he shows his fans especially the women they are appreciated! I like how he flirts to.
The sexiness that rolls right off of him naturally.
He seems the type of person you can easily talk to who you can laugh with.

I LOVE his eyes
I LOVE his laugh
I LOVE his humor
I LOVE his originality
I LOVE that he doesnt F@#K what critics think about him
I LOVE/APPRICIATE his humanitarian efforts
I LOVE that he loves his wife/family
I LOVE the he values life
I LOVE his freckles
I LOVE his bum
I LOVE that his goal is soul
I LOVE that he is very intelligent
I LOVE his love for GOD
I LOVE his poetic heart
I LOVE the cleft on his chin
I LOVE that he is a gentleman
I LOVE that he flirts
I LOVE his compassion
I LOVE his nose
I LOVE his voice/accent
I LOVE his sexiness
I LOVE his sense of style
I LOVE the sub-concious naughty pose with his hand on his crotch
I LOVE that he LOVES/RESPECTS his bandmates
I LOVE the he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives his heart to the audience
I LOVE that he his self concious of his height/weight..It humanizes him
I LOVE that he uses his Star status for good causes
I LOVE his zeal/love for life
I LOVE that he loves Dublin
I LOVE his smile and twinkle in his eye
I LOVE his charismatic personality
I LOVE that he appriciates his fans
I LOVE that sexy killer look in pic and concerts
I LOVE the scar on his chin
I LOVE that he dreams out loud
I LOVE the hair
I LOVE his neck and BOD:drool:
I LOVE him singing/talking about anything!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE BONO!
There is so much more but I'll give more you ladies a chance
**and by no means is this in the order that I LOVE Bono, I'ts in ramdom order.

Last edited:
I love the way his personality comes through if you are looking at a black-and-white pic of him. Honestly, the guy is so expressive!

AtomicBono said:
And it's a really big spider. :reject: I need Bono to come over and deal with it for me. I mean, it'd be cool if he stayed and did other stuff too (I'm not implying anything. Really. :shifty:) but yeah, he should at least deal with that spider. Edge, if you read this, why don't you and Bono, and why not, Adam and Larry too come on down to Indianapolis, IN... it'll take the four of you to take on this spider. Really.

I can see it all now...

Bono delivers an impassioned speech about spider rights and the massive arachnid genocide going on all over the world right now.

Edge reads up on the many species of spiders and lectures on their diets, habits and habitats.

Adam is worried that spider guts are going to mess up his new outfit.

Larry squares his muscular shoulders, goes to kill the spider, comes back triumphant with spider guts all over a rolled-up newspaper... and screams like a little girl when your cat walks into the room. :D

AtomicBono said:
...I have no idea why I suddenly felt compelled to write a whole little story, but there ya go. I'm weird and random and sad like that. Is it pathetic that I imagine elaborate scenarios like that with U2?

D'oh! :banghead: That'll teach me to read the entire thread before posting!

Cute story, AB. No, you're not pathetic to imagine these scenarios. Lots of fans write fan fiction. Besides, these four guys are such unusual and interesting characters, they're practically begging to have funny stories written about them. :D

Sue DeNym said:

Larry squares his muscular shoulders, goes to kill the spider, comes back triumphant with spider guts all over a rolled-up newspaper... and screams like a little girl when your cat walks into the room. :D

Well this lil' monster is quite scary...I can understand Larry's fear....:wink:

kitten.bmp

Back
Top Bottom