Bono is the Only Exception

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nightsong

Acrobat
Life With Rock Star Not Easy

Life with rock star is not easy, says Hall
London: Sir Mick Jagger's former wife Jerry Hall has warned women not to be tempted by rock stars, saying U2 singer Bono is the only exception.

According to contactmusic.com, Hall, who was once engaged to Bryan Ferry, hopes her controversial love life will serve as a warning to all young girls.

She said: "So many women fall for rock stars but, ladies, believe me, life with such a man is not easy. Bono is the only man who has made it work."

:applaud:

Aw. That is very sweet actually. Even if the source is contactmusic, I am going to believe that one.

:D

ah who wouldn't want a guy like him :)
but larry has been with the same woman for nearly the same amount of time aswell..
still I wonder what Bono's secret is... I think it's because he has a HUGE amount of respect for women... heheh and Ali's good at keeping him where she wants him to be... :wink:

Bono and Ali made it work...but they're not the only exception.
look at Bruce Springsteen and his wife Pattie Scialfa , another exception

I've been married 15 years, its alot of hard work I couldn't even imagine being married to a rock star (in reality of course) ( I can imagine if you know what I mean) they are both really special and have very strong family foundations.

Also, Jon Bon Jovi, he and his wife have like 4 kids and have been married like 20 something years as well.

These are people who seem like they didn't forget where they came from...

nowadays i give high 5 out to ANYONE who can stay together with their partner for so long (and longer)

everyone in my family is divorced (also my grandma had to let go of my granpa after what... 35 years ... there is just no room for 2 women in a marriage) - not that i actually mind - but i guess it really does not make me taking long marriages for granted :)

JCOSTER said:
I've been married 15 years, its alot of hard work I couldn't even imagine being married to a rock star (in reality of course) ( I can imagine if you know what I mean) they are both really special and have very strong family foundations.

Also, Jon Bon Jovi, he and his wife have like 4 kids and have been married like 20 something years as well.

These are people who seem like they didn't forget where they came from...

I've been wed as long as Bono and Ali, same year in fact and it is a lot of hard work as you say, but it's so worth it. It's so good to have someone to share 'you' with, if you get what I mean. It must be nice for Bono and Ali to have that specialness in a world where everything is plastic and easily broken.

Good on them (And Larry and Anne too)..xx

JCOSTER said:

Although Bon Jovi has openly admitted to sleeping with a LOT of other women throughout his marriage. That seems doubly disrespectful of his wife: a) that he did it and b) that he talks about it.

deirdre said:
Bono and Ali made it work...but they're not the only exception.
look at Bruce Springsteen and his wife Pattie Scialfa , another exception

and Paul McCartney and his first wife.

Come to think of it, Keith Richards has been married 20+ years too (not sure how great an example that is, but I don't recall ever hearing anything negative about that relationship).

Babydoll said:
wow, all of you and not just bono and ali deserve congrats from pleba!! :applaud:

<--- *wonders if she will ever marry* :|

Thanks Babydoll! And I'm sure the right man will come along for you, just try not to compare him to Bono.... too much! :wink:

biff said:

Although Bon Jovi has openly admitted to sleeping with a LOT of other women throughout his marriage. That seems doubly disrespectful of his wife: a) that he did it and b) that he talks about it.

Still married though and we don't know how other people work out their problems. Maybe you could give him a call ?:wink:

Sorry, made a double post and somehow couldn't delete it...
Will ask one of the mods...:eyebrow:
But I guessed it's solved this way as well..;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom