Bono is missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey girls! Update on Bella! On the news tonight, I saw that they gave Bella back to her real owner today. Yay for another happy ending! :happy:

Wow!!! I didn't realize there were so many U2 fans who have cats!! That is so cool!!!:D

U2 Kitten,I am so glad Bono is home , safe and sound. Nothing is more heartbreaking than the thought of something bad happening to your "little babies":( One of mine is walking in front of the screen of my computer as I type this and I am so grateful for him. I have three cats and they are like my children. I know that may sound crazy but I love them so much. They have been with me through some tough times. They have travelled across the country with me and you know what else? They love U2!!! Every time I put U2 on they come running into the room! They are truly cool cats!!!:cool: :heart:

Billie Midol said:
Wow!!! I didn't realize there were so many U2 fans who have cats!! That is so cool!!!:D

I've never owned a cat. My mom doesn't care much for them (well, she says she'd get one if they could stay little forever...). I personally wouldn't mind having one, though. Maybe when I'm living on my own I'll get one or something.

Originally posted by Billie Midol
They love U2!!! Every time I put U2 on they come running into the room! They are truly cool cats!!!:cool: :heart:

:laugh:...that's awesome! :D :up:.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
I've never owned a cat. My mom doesn't care much for them (well, she says she'd get one if they could stay little forever...). I personally wouldn't mind having one, though. Maybe when I'm living on my own I'll get one or something.

Same here, my mom likes dogs better, but our house is too small for a hunting dog. Not to mention no one is home during the day and a dog would get very lonely. I can't WAIT to get a cat! And now that my guinea pigs have a brand new cat-proof cage, I won't have to worry about them getting pounced.

My parents never liked any animal, cat or dog, especially not in the house. Don't get me wrong, they never wanted to hurt them and didn't like to see them abused, they just didn't want them around. One of the first things I got for my new place was a cat:wink:

So glad to hear the good news about Bella! :happy:

Billie, yes a lot of us here like cats and a lot of us have them! :) We have posted our pics, and I hope we can do it again soon! :cute:

I hate to hear about parents or landlords that don't want pets :( There would be a lot less homeless animals if everyone could have one. My parents were never big on animals either and I always wanted them, all kinds but especially cats. I think that longing for them had something to do with me turning into such an animal lover. Hearing all the stories of awful things people do to animals only make me feel stronger about wanting to help them. If I had enough money I'd go on a crusade for animals and fund no kill shelters and a place in the country for them. More and more I am feeling like this might be my calling in life.

Last edited:
You know what I really hate? I hate hearing stories of people who dump their pets off by the side of the road and then drive off. How heartless can you be to do something like that? :mad: :rant:...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Not to mention no one is home during the day and a dog would get very lonely.

The dog I talked about earlier that my family had definitely would get lonely when we were gone for the day-we'd come home, and we hadn't even gotten in the house yet, and we could hear her crying, the poor little thing. :(. We discovered that whenever one of us were gone, she'd curl up on something of ours, like a blanket or something, 'cause it had our smell on it (which she had to rely on once her eyesight got bad as she got older-when she'd go looking around the house for Mom, she'd sniff each of our hands to see which one of us was Mom), and it would therefore help comfort her a little while we were gone.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
You know what I really hate? I hate hearing stories of people who dump their pets off by the side of the road and then drive off. How heartless can you be to do something like that? :mad: :rant:...

Me too :mad: How could they, after the animal was attached to them? I also hate it when people take a pet and then lose interest and dump it at the pound. Oh sure they tell themselves it'll find a good home, but most don't:( A pet is a lifetime commitment. It would be nice if everyone looked at taking a pet as adopting a family member, a 'furr-ever' home. Some pets get so attached to one person or a family they won't ever bond with anyone else and get put down as 'unadoptable' :(

The dog I talked about earlier that my family had definitely would get lonely when we were gone for the day-we'd come home, and we hadn't even gotten in the house yet, and we could hear her crying, the poor little thing. :(. We discovered that whenever one of us were gone, she'd curl up on something of ours, like a blanket or something, 'cause it had our smell on it (which she had to rely on once her eyesight got bad as she got older-when she'd go looking around the house for Mom, she'd sniff each of our hands to see which one of us was Mom), and it would therefore help comfort her a little while we were gone.

Angela

Awww. She must have been a precious baby:hug: I'm glad she had you in her life.

I hope you can get another lovin' doggie and maybe a cat someday too:)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

:applaud:

and yes, I hope we do post some pics of our animals again soon (I was organizing alot of my photos and I found some more baby Worf pics :cute: )

:hyper: :happy:

U2Kitten said:
I hate to hear about parents or landlords that don't want pets :( There would be a lot less homeless animals if everyone could have one.

Amen. I don't understand my boyfriend's landlords. The guys here decided to get a cat b/c there's a cat lover downstairs. Everyone was willing to pay for food/litter/vet costs. So we picked out a kitten that had already been fixed and vaccinated for free, and the landlords said no. But then they said we could get a puppy! :mad: WTF? They said cats ruin the carpet and furniture. But this cat had already been declawed before we went to look at them, and even if she wasn't, the cat lover downstairs has enough experience w/ cats to keep it from clawing the new carpet. I don't get why we can have a puppy, which would also scratch, not to mention chew and bark and poo in the yard (which the landlords take care of), but not a quiet little house cat.... We'd love a puppy, but they're so expensive and need constant care while they're young. Some people are just so partial to cats or dogs they refuse to accept the other.

Thankfully, my parents put up with my animals for years. A cat was something I just wasn't allowed to have, which is understandable b/c food and vet bills are expensive when you can hardly pay for your own child's education. But since I was four I've had toads, frogs, bugs, newts, salamanders, turtles, fish, a bird, a hermit crab, snakes, guinea pigs, even a squirrel. My mom always said, as long as I take full responsibility - cleaning, paying for food, vets, and giving attention - I can have the animal. My sister isn't allowed to have pets b/c she never took care of the bird or her guinea pig (I did). I think that's a good philosophy and I think it's important to let kids have some exposure to animals as well as responsibility.

Last edited:
Lies, that sucks about the landlords. The cat needs a home, everything's been taken care of regarding it...what's the problem?

U2Kitten said:
Me too :mad: How could they, after the animal was attached to them? I also hate it when people take a pet and then lose interest and dump it at the pound. Oh sure they tell themselves it'll find a good home, but most don't:( A pet is a lifetime commitment. It would be nice if everyone looked at taking a pet as adopting a family member, a 'furr-ever' home. Some pets get so attached to one person or a family they won't ever bond with anyone else and get put down as 'unadoptable' :(

Exactly. People who have no respect for their pets tick me off.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Awww. She must have been a precious baby:hug: I'm glad she had you in her life.

She was a sweetheart. I loved her. She was such a good dog, too-never caused much trouble, was perfectly happy just sitting with us and everything.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
I hope you can get another lovin' doggie and maybe a cat someday too:)

That'd be great. My mom would love to get another dog, but losing our last one was really hard for her, 'cause of the bond she had with her, so she's not sure if she wants to go through that again, which, you know, I can understand. Losing a pet you love is definitely hard.

But we'll see what happens.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

That'd be great. My mom would love to get another dog, but losing our last one was really hard for her, 'cause of the bond she had with her, so she's not sure if she wants to go through that again, which, you know, I can understand. Losing a pet you love is definitely hard.

But we'll see what happens.

Angela

:yes: We had a cat before Worf, his name was Mouse, and we had to put him to sleep when he was two because he had an undetected birth defect with his diaphram that ruptured :(

That was one of only two times I ever saw my Dad cry.

As promised, baby Worf (1993)

3397%3B45523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E23234996%3A%3A366ot1lsi

Originally posted by kellyahern
:yes: We had a cat before Worf, his name was Mouse, and we had to put him to sleep when he was two because he had an undetected birth defect with his diaphram that ruptured :(

Ohhh...:sad: :hug:.

Originally posted by kellyahern
That was one of only two times I ever saw my Dad cry.

Wow.

Yeah, I remember my mom crying when we had to put our dog to sleep. It's weird seeing your parents cry. I don't know why, but it is.

Anywho, on a lighter note...*Looks at picture of Worf*

Awwwwwwww, what a sweet little kitty! :cute:...

Angela

I'm sorry about Mouse, Kelly :sad:

Angela, I understand about how your Mom feels about getting another dog. I've known a lot of people who just weren't ready to deal with the emotions of it yet. It's hard. Maybe someday when the time is right another pup will win her over.

I hope one day it will be illegal for landlords to forbid animals. It could happen. I remember when I was a kid, some landlords used to forbid kids! Yes, human kids! I'm serious, there used to be ads in the paper for places to rent that said NO CHILDREN or ADULTS ONLY or COUPLE ONLY! Some would specify an elderly person or couple only, or say no college students! Now that seems outrageous. There was some law passed that made everyone accept kids. Maybe someday the no pets thing will be a thing of the past too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom