Bono is depressed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
digsy said:
or a father

or perhaps to be 6 feet tall

for the record, i dont think bono is depressed. i think like all of us he's prone to low points, tht doesnt mean full blown depression

I agree everyone has things that make them sad sometimes.. Life is full of ups and downs even if you have money you can still be un happy with your life....I hope Bono does not feel insecure about being short...He is a sexy thing he has that to be thankful for!!!!:yes:

u2bonogirl said:

Ive finally stopped telling everybody I love them :wink:
But I used to write everybody letters when I was a kid telling them I love them :lol:

That's cute...I bet you were loved in return a great deal, even if some people weren't able to tell you so.

I would say Bono has moments of desperation and frustration. That's imprinted all over Pop, and HTDAAB. He chews off an awful lot for one man, and is probably an exceptionally deep thinker.

Ask yourself why you like U2, and you'll probably find the answer lies in their range of moods and feelings, even if you can't quite articulate it. Much of this range comes from Bono. He's got the kind of emotional energy that can both light up a city and describe a dark black hole of despair...like the crisis in Africa, for example.

He's a compelling mix of fun and fight which makes him pretty damn cool... :wink:

BTW, is that new Bono book any good? It sounds interesting.

Last edited:
He would have to be sad and depressed sometimes to write some of the songs that he does. I read a quote of his the other day where he said they(U2), were good at writing about other peoples tragedies. I don't know, I'm just guessing, maybe he's not depressed or sad at all.

So maybe having all the fortune and glory in the world doesn't always make some people happy? Someone tell me please?

I don't think Tom Cruise takes medication. Scientologists are against modern medicine. He says he knows it all about everything, maybe you should direct this post to Tom Cruise. Maybe he'll take up psychiatry instead of annoying us to death about Katie Holmes and what he knows about everything.
:wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Some of the most depressed people I've known (like people who have actually been diagnosed w/ mental problems) put on such a happy face and lived such a "norma" life that you never could've known how empty they truly felt inside.

That's definitely true-I've really come to realize that within the past year :|. And that's what scares me, because you always hear about how nobody could've imagined they were in that dark a place because they never showed it...so it's hard to help them, because you don't know they're hurting.

Anywho, regarding Bono...we all have our good days and bad days, there's no doubt about that. I don't know for sure what Bono's mental state is, and I'm not going to claim to know. If he is truly depressed, I hope he can get it all taken care of. If he isn't, and just has his moody days, well...*Shrugs*. That's life. And like stated, considering all the stuff he's seen with his Africa thing, it's hard to go through all that and not be angry and upset and everything. But at the same time, he's channeling that anger and sadness into positive actions, and that's better than what he could be channeling that stuff into, I'd say.

Angela

browneyedgirl40 said:

So maybe having all the fortune and glory in the world doesn't always make some people happy? Someone tell me please?

I've certainly found this to be the case...

:D

I hope Bono is not depressed he should not be he has so much to be thankful and happy about....I was depressed untill I got to see him(in concert) and I thank God for that!!!:yes:

bridgit said:
I wish I could remember which boot it was, but on one of the JT concerts he describes himself as a "moody bastard." People are reading entirely too much into this.

Yeah, I agree... I guess that he was trying to explain his "emotional tides", or wahtever that is.. come on, Edge himself said "he's a nice bunch of guys" :lol:, we can't tell what it is, although if it was something serious it is obvious he wouldn't have put it that way in a book. :)

LOL, I'm depressed cos they're not coming here!!! Yet... :tongue:Well, I expect! Hihihihi :D

:eyebrow: please, what a bunch of crap...unlesss you CAN'T get out of bed...shutup....suckit up....nut up....lazy pathetic whiners. period. Please.

Ms. M said:
Its his back! He's been having back problems again and has been getting injections (in some case 23 a day) so that he can function and that's gotta be taking its toll. That will get anyone depressed! Poor guy! He needs a good massage :wink:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1507376,00.html

Thanks for the link MS.M I feel so bad for him.... I can voluteer to give him that massage:wave:

:mad: :mad:

One must meet very specific criteria to be diagnosed with clinical depression.

Outwardly, based on appearances, he just seems tired, which is very understandable, given his gruelling schedule. As well, from media and fan reports, we know he has been suffering from back problems.

Anything more is just idle speculation. We have NO idea what the man's affective state is.

Can we stop this nonsense, now?

listen, the man said he was depressed in that latest book, he said it on Oprah. Personally I think it is because he feels lonely. He has often said that Ali does not need him, and for a man who needs to be told 50 times a day that he is loved, I would think it is because of that. Now I do not want to speculate about Bono and Ali's marriage but I do think there is a lot of damage there that has not healed. I just hope that Bono gets the help he needs.

Yeah, it sucks when we have to admit that he is human. Bridgit you are a git! Sorry, but when are we going to have a thread about something negative and have people discuss this with thought and intelligence?

No, what sucks is when someone takes his words, twists them, and uses them to make baseless, groundless claims, stating them as fact, without knowing anything about him OR the condition. And then resorts to name-calling toward other posters.

I've seen/read everything you did, and other than concern for his tendency for overwork, and his back condition, I'm not the least bit worried about him.

I'm very surprised this thread has been allowed to continue.

banjo said:
Yeah, it sucks when we have to admit that he is human. Bridgit you are a git! Sorry, but when are we going to have a thread about something negative and have people discuss this with thought and intelligence?

Personal attacks are not allowed. Speculation about the band members private lives is not allowed.

d1d53c15.jpg

If your not worried, then you are obviously looking at him with rose-tinted glasses. He says he is not happy and also says he is easily depressed! Oh, yeah, it's just his back condition! Whatever, you people suck. Oh, and heres another thing. He cheats on Ali! Yeah, I know someone who actually fucked him on the Popmart tour. But no, he is a God! Repeat after me "Bono is a human, Bono is a human" I am so surpirsed with some of these people on this thread, and I am sure this thread will be shut down. What really sucks is that not only can some of you not admit Bono's faults, but you never respect anyone elses opinion on the matter. Seriously, I don't want to offend anyone, but Bono is just a man. A man who is tempted and succumbs to women, alcohol, ciggies etc. Come on Grow a Brain

banjo said:
If your not worried, then you are obviously looking at him with rose-tinted glasses. He says he is not happy and also says he is easily depressed! Oh, yeah, it's just his back condition! Whatever, you people suck. Oh, and heres another thing. He cheats on Ali! Yeah, I know someone who actually fucked him on the Popmart tour. But no, he is a God! Repeat after me "Bono is a human, Bono is a human" I am so surpirsed with some of these people on this thread, and I am sure this thread will be shut down. What really sucks is that not only can some of you not admit Bono's faults, but you never respect anyone elses opinion on the matter. Seriously, I don't want to offend anyone, but Bono is just a man. A man who is tempted and succumbs to women, alcohol, ciggies etc. Come on Grow a Brain

:mad: :tsk:

Someone needs to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom