Bono Is A "Fashion Disaster"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
The October issue of Glamour came with a supplemental "Fashion Rocks" magazine. There's an article called "Whose Line Is It Anyway?", and Bono is mentioned.

~~~

Well, we expected nothing less from the U2 lead singer, who, along with his wife, Ali Hewson, has produced a socially conscious clothing line that will also promote trade with developing countries. The couple turned to designer Rogan Gregory to launch Edun, a new contemporary men's and women's sportswear collection. Edun, the reverse spelling of Nude (the name of the couple's organic fast-food chain in Ireland), has declared its mission up front: to help poor nations with "trade rather than aid", as one reporter put it. Ninety percent of the cotton- and denim-based clothing is produced in two factories - in Lima, Peru, and Monestir, Tunisia - and more than half of the cotton comes from nonsubsidized farmers in Africa and South America. Although Bono has decided to "stay out of the fashion" (he rates his personal style a "fashion disaster"), he has helped produce a poetically beautiful collection of chiffon dresses and tops, organic-cotton shirts, sexy trousers, and jeans with Rilke poems embroidered inside the pockets.

uuuuuuh
I so dig that concept (not because it involves bono or whatsoever)

I wish I could do my communications internship at Edun next year when we have to go abraod for half a year.
I mean, they must have a communications department.. right? it combines style, business and ethics i can identify with hin one

a-mole said:
uuuuuuh

I wish I could do my communications internship at Edun next year when we have to go abraod for half a year.
I mean, they must have a communications department.. right? it combines style, business and ethics i can identify with hin one

Why not?
Send EDUN your resume and great qualities why they should bring you on their team?
Go for it...what you got to loose? :up:

BTW, Bono IS a fashion victim! A complete disaster. :lol:

a-mole said:
uuuuuuh

It's worth a try! And if you get it, please mention my site to them www.alihewson.com :)

I know it's not the same caliber as EDUN, but I'm a business communications major and I got my internship by simply telling a company straight up what I thought they were doing wrong and how I could improve it and they gave it to me :shrug:

As for Bono and fashion, he IS a disaster! I've been threatening to write TLC and tell them they should do a celebrity edition of What Not To Wear and allow me to nominate Bono as the first celeb.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
As for Bono and fashion, he IS a disaster! I've been threatening to write TLC and tell them they should do a celebrity edition of What Not To Wear and allow me to nominate Bono as the first celeb.

:up: Excepting Adam*, all of U2 could use a good fashion makeover by someone who knows how to make them look their best!

*Adam dresses superbly and is looking hotter than ever! :yes:

well, at times Bono dresses in the strangest ways...

But with those eyes and chin he can do whatever he wants!!

Sue DeNym said:

:up: Excepting Adam*, all of U2 could use a good fashion makeover by someone who knows how to make them look their best!

*Adam dresses superbly and is looking hotter than ever! :yes:

Right on!!! Adam looks damn good these days!!! :wink: Larry just need to lighten up on the gel other than that he is fine.:shh:

168b1e2f.jpg

I like this picture of Adam 1) because he looks great and 2) because I took it!

*sofia* said:
agreed. but well, in the position bono's in, I think he can wear what ever he likes. even if it is slightly ridiculous.. :wink:
Position Bono's in.

Evil, evil thoughts. Mwuhahahahahaha!!!!

Gorgeous photo, longingforBono. <<sigh>> Oct 10th can't come soon enough!

I'm getting to be such a geek that I can tell your pic was taken during 'Streets' - please tell me I'm not the only one who figured that out!

I can't believe I'm saying this but after last night I'm thinking that maybe Bono should get in touch with Mick Jagger's stylist/s. I was 8 rows back center stage for the show yesterday at PNC Park. He must have changed outfits 5 times and they all looked so cool. He had the hair blowing in the fan breeze thing going on too. I realize that Bono isn't as flashy as Mick but I was just blown away by his appearance. Not bad at all for a 62 year old! BTW, got these tix online just after midnight the day of the show for $104 each. Probably a good time to try for a GA drop for U2. My mom was in heaven. Mick to her is like Bono is to me!
Stones tix in my hands for 1/2 hour
U2 GA tix in my desk drawer for 7 months :huh:

Back
Top Bottom