Bono invited to visit Israel 2/20/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Bono invited to visit Israel

U2 frontman may pay first-ever visit to Jewish state as part of conference organized by President Shimon Peres

Itamar Eichner Published: 02.19.08, 11:53 / Israel Culture

Lead singer for Irish band U2, and renowned social activist Bono, 48, may visit Israel soon for the very first time in his illustrious career, Yedioth Ahronoth reported Tuesday.

Bono was invited by President Shimon Peres to attend the ‘Machar’ (tomorrow) conference which he has organized, scheduled to take place following Israel’s 60th Independence Day, and the U2 front man might accept Peres’ invitation.

The Machar Conference will showcase Israel’s various contributions to medicine, science, and conservation.

Officials in President Peres’ office have confirmed that an invitation was extended to the Irish singer.

its impossible to him go there
Tomorrow its the Jameson filmfest of dublin

unless he slipt in two or have supersonic flies
im confussed

U2 DID play Tel Aviv, so :hmm: this wouldn't be Bono's first ever visit to Israel, unless the article is speaking of his humanitarian efforts versus his performing with U2 as an entertainer. He is such a jet setter I wouldn't be surprised if the guy were to hit Tel Aviv AND Dublin! :wink: He is amazing!

JC, Staying on top of things, thanks for the post!!! We'll have to see where he turns up, maybe at both places- he makes it all seem possible.:bonodrum: :rockon:

Erm, where in this article does it say that this event is supposed to be NOW? As far as I understand it it will be "soon". I don't think it interfers with the film premiere. Apart from that, I very much doubt he will go there. Bono has already turned down one invitation from Israel because he felt he needn't take part in EVERYTHING (which, by the way, seems rational to me).

Back
Top Bottom