Bono in Washington today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cannot believe that I missed him on Capitol Hill!!! I intern on the Hill, and a friend of mine who worked for Ros-Lehtinen took me to her office before we went to get lunch. I was sitting almost exactly where Bono is sitting in the picture!! does anyone know what time he was there? I was there from 1:00-1:30p yesterday. I heard nothing about his visit. I almost cried after reading the story in the Post. I was so close to meeting him :(

Re: Re: Bono in Washington today

Jeannieco said:

Hey Biff, I posted the Wash. Post article in the Davos thread.
:)

Well, I see that now.... But, why? I don't understand the connection. :shrug:

Ah, PLEBA....the best-connected bunch on the Web....with the possible excpetion of the crazy Tolkien fans on theOneRing.net. :wink:

We're everywhere...you can't get rid of us, GUYS....mwahahahaha

BTW EdgeIsTooSexy...WHERE does that avatar pic of yours come from....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Bono at the Pentagon, LOL. And I didn'[t know the top-ranking Rep in that House Committee is a woman....Bono charming the knee-highs off the ladies as ever...LOL

"Our budget is really tight right now", yeah RIGHT. YOu have no problem keeping "The Surge" or the WAR going....

Re: Re: Re: Bono in Washington today

biff said:

Well, I see that now.... But, why? I don't understand the connection. :shrug:

Oh no biggy. I was just answering your question.
I just thought I would let someone else start another thread and I figured everybody would see it there in the Davos one.

I got chastised for starting a new thread in the FYM forum so I am a little gun shy! :slant:

Pentagon chief no U2 fan, but impressed by Bono
Thu 24 Jan 2008, 23:10 GMT

WASHINGTON, Jan 24 (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates admitted on Thursday that he was not too familiar with the music of Bono, the U2 singer and anti-poverty activist he met earlier this week.

"It's a matter of age," Gates, 64, told reporters at the Pentagon. "I thought U2 was an airplane."

Gates described Bono as a "very serious guy" and said he had been impressed with the rock singer's knowledge of Africa during their meeting on Tuesday.

Bono has met frequently with world leaders to push for spending on foreign aid and debt relief. But this was his first meeting with Gates, a former director of the CIA who replaced Donald Rumsfeld at the Pentagon in December 2006.

Gates said Bono had raised concerns he had heard about the Pentagon's creation of a new U.S. military command for Africa, known as Africom.

Aid agencies have said the command could put a military face on U.S. foreign policy toward Africa.

"We gave him some information on Africom and he was not hostile to it," Gates said. "I would say that he was open-minded about it and just recommended that we take care in how we proceed."

Gates said he did not have a favorite U2 song but joked, "My daughter nearly had an aneurysm when I told her who I was meeting with." (Reporting by Andrew Gray; editing by Mohammad Zargham)

washington-rep-IleanaRos-Lethi.jpg

I think this pics are from this event :)

BonoFox1 said:
bonokevin-1.jpg

^who is the guy with Bono?? I think the first name is Kevin

Great picture, thanks for posting.

I wonder if the guy had Bono autograph his paperback U2 by U2 that he has in his folder. :wink:

Nice picture ... looks like Bono is growing a beard, I like it.

I guess the guy had to read the book before the meeting because he didn't know who Bono was.

:lol:

last unicorn said:
Nice picture ... looks like Bono is growing a beard, I like it.

I guess the guy had to read the book before the meeting because he didn't know who Bono was.

:lol:

:lol: That would be awful!! This guy is probably a secret pleban.

I am NOT liking the beard, or those darn glasses, but I am loving the suit and him anyway. No Bonosleeves, seems wrong! :love:

:drool: I'm LOVING the beard!!!! :faint:

but yea, hate the glasses :wink:

:giggle: I wonder if U2 by U2 is standard lecture material on capitol hill!

Back
Top Bottom