Bono in Vanity Fair January 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you so much for the amazing Leibovitz photo of Bono.

As a photographer I appreciate the artistry of her genius.

As a Bonophile I had to laugh and agree with the "I'm sad and lonely...come straddle me" comment, LOL

Seriously, though, what wonderful recognition for our heroes. Is Geldof is on the facing page of this photo? And if so, would it be possible to scan that also?

As a fan of both icons of social justice, it would make the photo spread complete for me. Thanks muchly.

:heart::bono:+Bob

wenda said:
He's all 'Hi, I'm shy and lonely...can you come straddle me?' to which I say...

YES PLEASE!!!! :drool: :combust: :drool: :combust: :drool: :combust:

:lmao:

I'm sitting here cracking up at that comment, but it's so true, too. I saw a VF with Kate Moss at the grocery store a little while ago, but the cashier was too quick ringing my things up for me to check for the picture. I have to have a copy of this to drool over!

I think Bono beats out Adam and becomes my new wallpaper.

It's not the VF w/Kate Moss on the cover, but I can't remember who IS on the cover. I went to my friend's house, who has a subscription to VF, X-Acto knifed the goods (very good goods!) and then drove eratically back home. It is the Jan. issue, though.

Voof!

:drool:

Ehm... is that pic the only one?
Ok, I know it's enough but if I just could get some more...

Good to see something normal again after that disaster of a pic for the Q cover...go Annie Leibovitz.

C'mon people...this color scheme was done on purpose!! Annie L. no doubt saw the color of his shades and thought it best to shoot in this particular room. Or, might have even consulted with Bono on the color shades he should wear. Open your minds...I've never read so many negative remarks about one of the greatest photogs of our time, nevermind the negative remarks by fans of the world's greatest band, ABOUT the world's greatest frontman...you people call yourselves fans? It's called ART and those colors were meant to happen that way. STOP COMPLAINING. I've never been in a fan forum where I've read so many negative comments about the band you claim you love. It's beautiful.

u2bonorox said:
C'mon people...this color scheme was done on purpose!! Annie L. no doubt saw the color of his shades and thought it best to shoot in this particular room. Or, might have even consulted with Bono on the color shades he should wear. Open your minds...I've never read so many negative remarks about one of the greatest photogs of our time, nevermind the negative remarks by fans of the world's greatest band, ABOUT the world's greatest frontman...you people call yourselves fans? It's called ART and those colors were meant to happen that way. STOP COMPLAINING. I've never been in a fan forum where I've read so many negative comments about the band you claim you love. It's beautiful.

Of course this goes out to ONLY the "nay-sayers"...not everyone else who also thinks it's one of the most beautiful pics of Bono EVER...

u2bonorox said:

Of course this goes out to ONLY the "nay-sayers"...not everyone else who also thinks it's one of the most beautiful pics of Bono EVER...

brave newbie....

chill.jpg
[/IMG]

U2bpbear24 said:
:drool:

why can't they use pictures like THAT when Bono is on a cover of a mag...

:wink:

AMEN!! it would make an amazing cover! Some cover shots of the Bonoman recently, just haven't done him justice. This shot by Annie Liebovitz is just an interesting photo in so many ways.

Although, I was thinking that probably right after she got him to pose so seriously, he probably cracked a smile. It made me think of the 60 minute interview, when he was teasing Ed Bradley about "I bet you have a posse, right?" and he smiled at him. His smile was so intoxicating.

Wouldn't it have been amazing to be able to go through all the proofs that Annie Liebovitz took of Bono? Oh MAN!! That would be like being a kid in a candy store. I bet they are all good. She just has an eye for catching that "something" about the person she photographs. Man, she's good!! Does anyone have other photos of Bono taken by her?, and ... Does anyone have a scan of Bob Geldoff to show also?

u2bonorox said:

Or anyone who just has a different opinion, clearly. :|

I love the pic, but nobody HAS to.

u2bonorox said:
Did you post in the right thread? I haven't seen a negative response yet even though I did skim through the first 6 pages.

Oh yeah, great picture! :combust:

oliveu2cm said:

Dismantled, I keep on thinking what a GORGEOUS avatar you have! What photo is that from??? :love:

Thanks:drool: I find myself staring at it alot:combust::wink:

I don't know actually....it was a picture posted on here a while ago, I don't remember who or what thread though:(

Dismantled said:

Thanks:drool: I find myself staring at it alot:combust::wink:

I don't know actually....it was a picture posted on here a while ago, I don't remember who or what thread though:(

That picture is from a still made of the Vertigo Lisbon video. I also don’t know which thread it was:shrug:.

PopDaisy said:
Thank you so much for the amazing Leibovitz photo of Bono.

Seriously, though, what wonderful recognition for our heroes. Is Geldof is on the facing page of this photo? And if so, would it be possible to scan that also?

Geldof is indeed on the couch with Bono. It's in the January Vanity Fair; they're two of the magazine's Heroes of 2005. Naomi Watts is on the cover. Just bought the issue tonight at my local Seven-Eleven.

And if I knew how the heck to work my scanner ... :wink:

Edit: Whatta know, I figured out how to work my scanner! Here's the Bob Geldof half of the Geldof/Bono Vanity Fair photo, for you Geldof-Boomtown Rats-Live8/Live Aid fans:

Picture.jpg

Last edited:
jobob said:

Geldof is indeed on the couch with Bono. It's in the January Vanity Fair; they're two of the magazine's Heroes of 2005. Naomi Watts is on the cover. Just bought the issue tonight at my local Seven-Eleven.

And if I knew how the heck to work my scanner ... :wink:

Edit: Whatta know, I figured out how to work my scanner! Here's the Bob Geldof half of the Geldof/Bono Vanity Fair photo, for you Geldof-Boomtown Rats-Live8/Live Aid fans:

Picture.jpg

thank you jobob! nice to see Bob too! He deserves to be shown with the B-man! After all he is the one that dragged Bono into the Africa thing to begin with. :up:

jobob said:

Geldof is indeed on the couch with Bono. It's in the January Vanity Fair; they're two of the magazine's Heroes of 2005.

Thank you so much! Geldof is sometimes a difficult subject to get a pleasing photo of; should have known Leibovitz would work magic...

Back
Top Bottom