Bono in this month's O magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keocmb

Refugee
In the April 2004 edition of O, The Oprah Magazine, Oprah interview's Bono in a lovely 4 page spread (with pictures). It's a wonderful read, he's got some great things to say as usual.

Just a head's up. :up:

Good, I'm going to snatch it from my yuppie sister in law who subscribes :evil: No really I'll get my own.

Good thing somebody looked inside. She never puts anyone but herself on the cover :huh:

339%3C357523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B6676963ot1lsi

Here's the cover. I scanned another picture of Bono with Oprah but it won't upload to snapfish. I'll keep trying.

Here are some Bono quotes from the "O" article:

On U2:
"I know we'vw got a future. I know we can fill stadiums. And yet with every record, I think, Is this it? Are we still relevant?" :yes:

On Ali:
"Right now she's working on a new way of doing business in apparel. It involves fair trade practices in which people in Third World countries are paid properly and get health insurance - and you still make a fortune. It may be one of the biggest brands in the next few years, so watch out. It's called Edin." :wink:

On Home:
"I'm home a lot....You may get the impression I'm always out there, but I'm usually home driving my kids to school. I like mornings better than night.":ohmy:

....to be continued

actually, it's Edun (Ali's clothing venture)

More Bono quotes from the "O" article

On Truth:
"The Scriptures say the truth will set you free.The truth is at the root of every piece of creativity. So if you're truthful about your situation, whatever it is as an artist -whether it's despair,whether it's hope,whether it's ambition - suddenly you're THERE." :wink:

On Africa:
"....the people we'd choose to describe the conditions of the world are not often the people GOD would choose. The chosen may be punk-rockers or hip-hop people. But, nonetheless, the state of the world WILL be described." (my capitalizations) :wink:

In all, my friends at PLEBA, one BRILLIANT article!

God bless Bono and Oprah! Peace and One Love.:wink:

Bono's Tart -

If you'd like, I can send you one. Email me at iris_lotus_blossom@hotmail.com and we can work something out.

The cost of the mag in the U.S.A. is $3.99. It is only a 4 page article, but the picture of Bono and Oprah itself is worth the cost.:wink:

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!

I forgot to tell you girls! I went down to LA for the Oscars (originally thinking that Bono would be there and they would have gotten a nomination) but anyways, my friends and I got extemely lucky and I got to see most of the stars arrive to the red carpet and my favorite was Oprah! She was like 10 feet away, smiling and waving and just so beautiful!!!
:heart: Bono and Oprah are my 2 favorite people:heart:

I scanned the pics too (before I realized arw did already :reject: )

Arw, I hope you don't mind if I post mine too :hug:

edit: Actually, I like Arw's scans better :) . Mine has some lines going thru them - the scanner picked up the grains in the magazine :(

o1.jpg

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
I scanned the pics too (before I realized arw did already :reject: )

Arw, I hope you don't mind if I post mine too :hug:

of course not! I couldn't get the pictures to upload to snapfish so I had to make them smaller. It said the estimated time to upload using dsl/cable was 10 minutes for both :crack:

Back
Top Bottom