Bono in Switzerland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
capt-2.jpg

capt-3.jpg

capt-4.jpg

capt-5.jpg

r2192341946.jpg

:up: awesome pics
I love how he wore his usual hoodie under the suit jacket, and that he wore the hat but took it off during the panel. I'm proud of him for speaking so knowledgeably and passionately on the subject, and for being so well respected as to be invited to sit on a panel like that. You done good, Bono! :up:

The audio is available now:
http://download. world-television.com/wef/2007/podcasts/19929

ok mp3 is blocked here.... copy the whole link, cut out the space and add . mp3 in the end... without spaces ofcourse...

It's a short compilation, but has a bit of Bonos speech in it.... wow, his voice is very low... heavy accent...

Last edited:
Galeongirl said:

ok mp3 is blocked here.... copy the whole link, cut out the space and add . mp3 in the end... without spaces ofcourse...

It's a short compilation, but has a bit of Bonos speech in it.... wow, his voice is very low... heavy accent...

isn't it funny how his accent is heavy at times and sometimes it isn't? :huh:

Thanks for the link....

He is looking extremely droolworthy!!!! :drool: :drool:

Here is how Bono is listed in the official roster for WEF.

Bono

DATA (Debt, AIDS and Trade in Africa)

Founder Member, U2. 1980, released their 1st record; 1985, appears on Sun City single for Artists Against Apartheid. U2: 1985, plays Live Aid; 1986, joins the Conspiracy Of Hope tour for Amnesty International; headlines Self Aid concert in Dublin with other Irish artists to raise money for the unemployed; 1988, plays smile Jamaica benefit in London for Caribbean hurricane victims; 1993, during Zooropa tour, broadcasts live links to Sarajevo, giving a voice to the young people living with war; 1998, performs with Ash in support of the referendum for peace in Northern Ireland. 1997, contributes to the opening of a children's music centre; 1999, introduces Jubilee 2000 and Drop The Debt campaign; meets the Pope to discuss debt issues, addresses the General Assembly of the United Nations; lobbies the G8 summit in Cologne; 2000, U2 is presented with the Freedom of the City of Dublin, along with the Burmese Nobel Peace prize; 2002, Co-Founder, DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa) which creates political pressure on these issues in G7 countries; travelled to Africa with US Secretary Paul O'Neill. 2005, lobbies G-8 summit for extra US$ 25 bn a year for Africa.

Um, you would think when he goes to these important events that he would take his sunglasses off and not wear a friggin sweater underneath. I don't care if you are a famous rock star. :|

Galeongirl said:

I didn't notice his accent being any heavier than usual?!? :shrug: Thanks for this mp3 file, albeit temporary, from the debate. Anyone found a downloadable video of the debate yet. :drool:

U2Girl1978 said:
Um, you would think when he goes to these important events that he would take his sunglasses off and not wear a friggin sweater underneath. I don't care if you are a famous rock star. :|
Come on, when has Bono ever taken his sunglasses off at such events? He's permanently being photographed and apparently quite sensitive to it. Bono is Bono, the man sticks to his style. I don't care. It does not matter how he looks but what he represents and what he says.
BTW, since when is B from the "United Kingdom". Strange. :scratch:
But I guess it's because the DATA headquaters are in London.

And: Thank you all for the great photos and the audio link!!!

Wow, what a great bunch of pics. I could be wrong but doesn't Bono explain why he wears the sunglasses in the U2byU2 book. His eyes get very red due to bad allergies.

I wouldn't care if he came wearing pyjames, that's not important. Like someone already said, its what Bono represents and what he does that really counts. I'm so proud of him.

sunny8

Back
Top Bottom