Bono in Paris! New pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
French President Jacques Chirac, right, and Bono, lead singer of the Irish rock band U2, gesture during their meeting at the Elysee Palace in Paris, Friday, Feb. 28, 2003. Chirac and Bono are nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize . (AP Photo/Patrick Kovarik, Pool)

capt.1046434616.france_chirac_rock_star_par101.jpg

Bono is meeting with the President Chirac of France who will award him the Legion of Honor for his humanitarian work. :up:

This is the first of what will probably be many pics. Go fetch girls, find, find! ;) :yes:

Here is is proudly showing off his award. Look, Sherry, Ali is laughing! What a great pic! :happy:

capt.1046440288.france_chirac_bono_par102.jpg

*edit - sorry for the double post. My computer was just so slow! :sigh:

Last edited:
Ali is soooo beautiful! Bono is a very lucky man! I'm not a fan of the scruff just yet, but maybe it will grow on me...once it gets past that "I'm TRYING to grow a beard" stage to "I HAVE grown a beard" LOL

Niamh_Saoirse said:
oops! Kitty, I think we posted the pics at the same time! lol :D

Oh well, I can never get enough of Ali and Bono. :D

:eek: Sorry Niamh! I edited mine out. My computer is so slow, it took me so long to copy and paste those yours came up while I was gone :shrug: :drunk:
I didn't know anyone else was looking, I should've left this to someone with a faster computer;) I was just so excited to find them! :hyper: Any more?!

Ana said:
My God! Ali is so gorgeous! She looks awesome! and I think Bono would look so much better if he had blue shades on. But that's okay, I still like what I see! :evil:

Thanks Kitty for those! :hug:

Thanks Ana :hug: I agree! I'm so glad Ali was there. I like the blue shades better too, but none at all would be best! ;) :yes: Bono's eyes :drool: :cute:

hippy said:
*giggle* I think Jacques has a crush on Ali ;)

He'll have to get past Clinton first. :mac:

Amazingly gorgeous pics, Kitty Kat, you're makin Sherry purrrrrrrr....

Man oh, man, is she my hewo! :heart: We need an Ali button. ;) Hey, can anyone make a Laughing Ali avatar? That'd be a great addition! (BTW, Niamh, your avatar is lovely too! :))

Final thought: She that one where Bono and Chirac are shaking hands? Check out the look Ali is giving her husband.... :combust:

SD

Ill get to work on a laughing Ali avatar and post it later! :wave: I thought you'd like those pics, I so do I! :hug:

U2Kitten said:
Ill get to work on a laughing Ali avatar and post it later! :wave: I thought you'd like those pics, I so do I! :hug:

Aw! :hug: Thanks Kitty! The one with Bono proudly showing off his medal is sooooooooo adorable, can't believe I didn't comment on that one! He should be proud; he's earned it!

:)

SD

Since MusiCares I've been thinking about how utterly bizarre Bono's life is that a normal day for him includes hanging out with musicians, politicians, models and actors all at one event. But this award today suddenly clicked in me how strange Ali's life is. I mean Bono's her high school sweetheart, she's been with him as he struggled with his music career all the way through becoming massively famous and respected for way more than his music. I see a picture like this one...

1046443693.2348875851.jpg

and wonder if Ali's thinking, "OMG, that's the boy who used to leave poems in my locker and walk me home from school." Okay, maybe not the OMG part! It must be so strange that this man who is a Nobel nominee, Golden Globe winner, MusiCares person of the year, Oscar nominee, Knight is also her husband, best friend, father of her children, and so on. Does that ever occur to Ali? Does she take a step back from time to time to let it all sink in?

And Hippy, I think the world has a crush on Ali.

dsmith2904 said:
Since MusiCares I've been thinking about how utterly bizarre Bono's life is that a normal day for him includes hanging out with musicians, politicians, models and actors all at one event. But this award today suddenly clicked in me how strange Ali's life is. I mean Bono's her high school sweetheart, she's been with him as he struggled with his music career all the way through becoming massively famous and respected for way more than his music.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure she sometimes wonders how all of this happened to a nice girl from Dublin. She has pointed out that she's from north Dublin and that she wasn't exactly raised for all of this. So yeah, she must think it's pretty strange, but cool at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom