Bono in Omaha (seriously)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Published Monday | December 17, 2007
U2's Bono makes low-key drop-ins at Dundee eateries
BY ERIN GRACE
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

So a rock star walks into a bar . . .

And Scott Piotrowski, bar manager at the Dundee Dell, gets this call at home early Sunday afternoon from a friend.

"Bono's at the Dell."

"Bono who?"

"Bono — U2 Bono."

Piotrowski, in disbelief, calls the day bartender at the Dell to check.

"Bono's sitting at table four," she tells him.

Piotrowski rushed the six blocks from home to work. He's a fan. Bono's a megastar.

Yet even megastars put their pants on one leg at a time, the off-duty Piotrowski reminded himself, and Bono probably wanted to eat his breakfast pizza in peace.

"I didn't want to bother him," Piotrowski said Sunday. "I walked in, I looked at him. I go, 'Yep, that's definitely him.'"

Piotrowski noticed that a lot of people were leaving Bono alone. He did, too.

Posing Sunday at the Dundee Dell with Bono are, from left, Peggy Dineen, Meghan Patton, Julie Swartz and Shannon Zitek.Four young women also heard that Bono was at the Dell, met there and sat at a table nearby.

"We left him alone while he was eating," Peggy Dineen said. "As he was getting his coat, I took his picture and he waved. My cousin Meghan (Patton) asked if it was OK if we took snapshots. He said, 'Absolutely.'"

Meghan's husband, Chad, took one of Bono with Meghan and her sister, Shannon Zitek, along with Peggy and her sister, Julie Swartz. (The pairs of sisters are cousins.)

Dineen, 30, an account representative for Leopard Inc., has been a U2 fan for years. She attended the group's concert in Omaha and found its recording studio while visiting Ireland.

"As Bono was leaving Sunday, he gave Meghan a hug and a kiss on the cheek," Dineen said. "I said Merry Christmas, and he leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. He left and we all set down — and applauded."

Some other people asked for autographs. Piotrowski heard Bono tell an employee that the best meal he'd had in Omaha was the Dell's breakfast pizza.

Sunday night, Bono showed up for dinner at Trovato's, just a stone's throw from the Dundee Dell.

It was karaoke night, but the U2 frontman stayed in a back room, where he dined with friend Susie Buffett and several others. Nobody bothered him for autographs, but several customers made furtive trips to the bathroom.

Buffett serves on the board of DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), a group Bono helped form in 2002 to raise awareness of poverty and AIDS in Africa.

121707sqbono.jpg

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2798&u_sid=10211469

Gawd Bono is so nice :love:

I have family in Omaha. They arent U2 fans though :(

Back to the shades?

:lol: wow this is pretty random!
How about bono makes a stop at my familys resteraunt? :D please

Bono's such a classy guy :heart: He must be thrilled, he's towering over those women in that pic :cute::giggle:

He looks hot. :drool: Omaha is very close to me too. I wish I would have known this I could have taken a small road trip.

^^^ wow! So cool!!! Bono is a gem!
And how great the fans were respectful! That's awesome they didn't bug him while he was eating! :applaud:
Bono in Omaha. Geez. That is random but very cool!
Maybe he'll scoot over here to Seattle and visit his friend Bill Gates?
Come on over Bono, I'll buy you an egg nog latte at Starbucks! :)

Wow, thats so cool...but did he go all the way to Omaha just to eat with Ms. Buffet?

The glasses are back :scratch: ...what exactly is on his head.

Its nice to know he is in the states. I wonder if he will be here through the holidays.

biff said:
BY ERIN GRACE

And Scott Piotrowski, bar manager at the Dundee Dell, gets this call at home early Sunday afternoon from a friend.

"Bono's at the Dell."

"Bono who?"

"Bono — U2 Bono."

Piotrowski rushed the six blocks from home to work. He's a fan. Bono's a megastar.

Yet even megastars put their pants on one leg at a time, the off-duty Piotrowski reminded himself, and Bono probably wanted to eat his breakfast pizza in peace.

"I didn't want to bother him," Piotrowski said Sunday. "I walked in, I looked at him. I go, 'Yep, that's definitely him.'"

Posing Sunday at the Dundee Dell with Bono are, from left, Peggy Dineen, Meghan Patton, Julie Swartz and Shannon Zitek.Four young women also heard that Bono was at the Dell, met there and sat at a table nearby.

"We left him alone while he was eating," Peggy Dineen said. "As he was getting his coat, I took his picture and he waved. My cousin Meghan (Patton) asked if it was OK if we took snapshots. He said, 'Absolutely.'"

Meghan's husband, Chad, took one of Bono with Meghan and her sister, Shannon Zitek, along with Peggy and her sister, Julie Swartz. (The pairs of sisters are cousins.)

Dineen, 30, an account representative for Leopard Inc., has been a U2 fan for years. She attended the group's concert in Omaha and found its recording studio while visiting Ireland.

"As Bono was leaving Sunday, he gave Meghan a hug and a kiss on the cheek," Dineen said. "I said Merry Christmas, and he leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. He left and we all set down — and applauded."

Some other people asked for autographs. Piotrowski heard Bono tell an employee that the best meal he'd had in Omaha was the Dell's breakfast pizza.

Sunday night, Bono showed up for dinner at Trovato's, just a stone's throw from the Dundee Dell.

It was karaoke night, but the U2 frontman stayed in a back room, where he dined with friend Susie Buffett and several others. Nobody bothered him for autographs, but several customers made furtive trips to the bathroom.

Buffett serves on the board of DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), a group Bono helped form in 2002 to raise awareness of poverty and AIDS in Africa.

121707sqbono.jpg

OUR BONO!!!!!!:yippie:

He is so fooookin CUTE!!:kiss:........wuts up with the Russian looking hat Bono? :lol:

Thank GAWD it was not the Fake Bono ass**** :)

Re: Re: Bono in Omaha (seriously)

BonoFox1 said:
Thank GAWD it was not the Fake Bono ass**** :)
Yeah, that was my reaction.

And I must say, I totally lolled when I saw his hat :lmao: But I guess he needs to keep his head warm, I imagine it's pretty chilly in Omaha right now.

I wonder what Edge would look like in that hat :hmm:

biff said:
BY ERIN GRACE

"Bono's at the Dell."

"Bono who?"

"Bono — U2 Bono."

121707sqbono.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN OMAHA BONO?
But that was nice of those fans to remain respectful...PROPS! Imagine, going to a bar IN OMAHA and seeing Bono...I would probbally collapse from shock

Random

(P.S: Nice hat buddy...Nice)
:wink:

Last edited:
Well, as the article said Buffet serves on the board of DATA and they are doing the merger of DATA and ONE so there are meetings and such happening. It's not random as he was obviously there to meet with Buffet.

Dana

My jaw dropped when I saw this thread... I live in Omaha and was at that bar not a couple of weeks ago with some friends. Was stuck all day at work yesterday.. sigh

The Sad Punk said:
Other than hungover Domino's employees, who eats pizza for breakfast?

I do.

Order it nice and hot for supper...

Have the leftovers, all nice and cold, the next morning...:drool:

Where I live there is a locally owned pizzeria and their specialty is their Breakfast pizza. It is sooooo good.

Back
Top Bottom