Bono in NYC with an eye patch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the secret machines played hiro on april 26, so perhaps he was there that night? (the night before the new orleans sighting.)

or more likely, he was not at hiro at all!

UM NO... Bono was also in new orleans last nite...:hmm:

According to u2log.com

U2 in Nawlins
cindy // 28-04-06 // 10:22 PM // Comments (1)

Two members of U2 are currently visiting the great city of New Orleans. Last night (April 27), The Edge made an appearance at the reopening of Preservation Hall, an historic jazz club located in the French Quarter (the landmark location suffered damage during Hurricane Katrina). Edge performed “Vertigo” with local musicians Clint Maedgen, Benjamine Jaffe, and Lucien Barbarin.

Also last night, Bono was spotted at a show by funk band Galactic at Tipitina’s Uptown, another well-known music club in the city. After the show, Bono chatted with fans, who were very surprised to see the U2 frontman there.

Bono and Edge are likely to be seen again in the city at other shows, which there are plenty of during the New Orleans Jazz Festival.

Another eye patch mention:

Found at : http://www.patreesha.com/

E. met Bono (of U2 that is -- not the zombie corpse of Congressman Sonny) a week or two ago to record a voiceover with the band for an ESPN commercial.

Now, I've seen Bono in once person before -- I saw him walking around Washington Square Park a year or two ago, just minding his own business, strutting around in a shiny burgundy leather jacket and his signature wraparound glasses.

But I guess I didn't really get THAT good of a look at him, because according to E., Bono is easily only about 5'4" tall -- and that's with him wearing "platform Doc Martens that were like 1 inch thick." And, his hair was cut short: "He looked like Robin Williams."

That's not the most bizarre part, though... The best part, to me, is that Bono showed up inexplicably wearing a pirate eye patch over one eye.

Miringeltje said:
Another eye patch mention:

Found at : http://www.patreesha.com/

E. met Bono (of U2 that is -- not the zombie corpse of Congressman Sonny) a week or two ago to record a voiceover with the band for an ESPN commercial.

Now, I've seen Bono in once person before -- I saw him walking around Washington Square Park a year or two ago, just minding his own business, strutting around in a shiny burgundy leather jacket and his signature wraparound glasses.

But I guess I didn't really get THAT good of a look at him, because according to E., Bono is easily only about 5'4" tall -- and that's with him wearing "platform Doc Martens that were like 1 inch thick." And, his hair was cut short: "He looked like Robin Williams."

That's not the most bizarre part, though... The best part, to me, is that Bono showed up inexplicably wearing a pirate eye patch over one eye.

I do believe that Bono is the most 5'5" because he was standing right across from me on stage and I was a little taller cause I had a heel on he is definately tiny. but cute as could be!

Edgy Thing said:

I was just going to say that! :D
I'm looking forward to that album.. Bono, Gavin and Depp :drool:

as also the amazing, incomparable Tom Waits. I agree that this album has potential for being really good and certainly one of a kind.
Does anyone happen to know it's release date?

Man, someone needs to take a picture of this. I hope this is true. Pirates :drool:

bono is just copying my friends and I, we've been pirates for over a year :wink:

Um..folks, I've met him 3 times and I am exactly 5 feet tall. Even if he was wearing the platforms at the time (I didn't think to look of course!) I was almost on eye level with him.

The man is SHORT.

I've met him 4x as well and I'm 5'1" and he was not much taller than me :heart:

<------------ See Avatar

Saw him in San Francisco on Monday and he was wearing the eye patch over his right eye then. After initial "huh, what's with the eye patch?" moment, I decided it looked damn cute! The short hair is really working for him too. It was very red in the sun. Last night I saw a pic from the SF Zoo taken last week and his right eye looks really puffy thru his sunglasses so that somewhat explains the eyepatch!

Bono with a puffy eye:drool:

well when I met him we were exactly eye level 5 feet 4 and three quater inches:angry:

gluey said:
......wonder if it is related to the eye patch????

I think he's just trying to copy Edge 25 years too late...

edge_patch4.jpg

:shifty:

Miroslava said:
I am 5'10. So. :shrug:

I'd estimate him at 5'6"-5'7"

I agree. I've met him three times and he was my height (almost 5'7"). He definitely was NOT shorter than me except for when I was standing on a curb. I've also got countless pictures of him standing side-by-side with Laura, who is over 6', and he's not more than 6" shorter than her.

Lies, what were you wearing on your feet? (We can assume Bono had on his usual 3-inch platforms.) Were you wearing flat shoes, or shoes with comparable elevation?

biff said:
Lies, what were you wearing on your feet? (We can assume Bono had on his usual 3-inch platforms.) Were you wearing flat shoes, or shoes with comparable elevation?

Don't remember what I wore in 2002, probably athletic shoes or maybe even winter boots since it was December and we were outside all night. Not sure what Bono was wearing then either. He was on his way to a church service, so not the usual concert outfit. On May 20, I want to say he was wearing sandals, not those giant black shoes. I wore athletic shoes. We were basically eye level. He wasn't shorter than me. Here he is about 4 inches in front of me:
http://www.dutchbingo.net/U2/albums/U2September20/photos/photo4.jpg

And here is Larry, and inch or so taller than me after his 2-inch shoes:
http://www.dutchbingo.net/U2/albums/U2September20/photos/photo45.jpg

From the recent band pics I can find, Larry looks to be maybe an inch shorter than Bono at most, but sometimes they look the same height.

Laura and Bono about three feet in front of my camera. Laura is 6'1" I think (maybe 6'2"?):
http://www.dutchbingo.net/U2/albums/ChicagoII/photos/photo60.jpg

i had mother's day brunch today and my cousin was there- he told me a story of how he saw bono at the Delano in Miami last fall at 4 am... his exact words were "bono came in wearing a cowboy hat and sunglasses, he was about 4' 8" and was wearing platforms 3 inches thick."

:mad: :wink:

i've been fortunate to see bono up close a couple of times- i'd estimate him to be about 5'5" or 5'6" (without the platforms, that is!). :)

I've met him a lot now and I'm 5ft 7 and he is way shorter than me, if he's 5ft 5 with the shoes that's all he is.
Thats why they have that massive step outside HQ for him to stand on!!
Not that it matters he's lush!!:drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom