Bono in NYC last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

circa1992

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hey Everyone :wave:

I heard that Bono was at the broadway show, Spring Awakening, last night! Does anyone know if this is true or have any information/pictures?

~Sarah

P.S. For those of you that don't know, Spring Awakening just won 8 Tony Awards including best new musical and the cast is amazing--young, talented, and sweet as could be. I highly recommend it for anyone in the area (over the age of 14) :)

Last edited:
circa1992 said:
Hey Everyone :wave:

I heard that Bono was at the broadway show, Spring Awakening, last night! Does anyone know if this is true or have any information/pictures?

~Sarah

P.S. For those of you that don't know, Spring Awakening just won 8 Tony Awards including best new musical and the cast is amazing--young, talented, and sweet as could be. I highly recommend it for anyone in the area (over the age of 14) :)

I hope he wasn't in the city because we weren't there!!!!:(

it's true- a friend of mine was at the show last night, and he was sitting a few rows in front of her. she said the whole audience cheered when he came back from intermission, and that he stood up and took a little bow. :cute:

she'd never seen him in real life before, and said he's much shorter and stockier than she'd imagined... :wink:

Last edited:
*Ally* said:
it's true- a friend of mine was at the show last night, and he was sitting a few rows in front of her. she said the whole audience cheered when he came back from intermission, and that he stood up and took a little bow. :cute:

she'd never seen him in real life before, and said he's much shorter and stockier than she'd imagined... :wink:

Purrrfect!

:cute:
:drool:

^

:lol:

Yeah, wasn't there some rumor about a *new album* out there somewhere?

Actually, I think Spring Awakening could be the model for Spiderman The Musical. It's a very young, fast-moving, rock musical, where the kids use hand mikes and dance up a storm. When I saw it last month, I thought, "If Spiderman ends up like this, it could be worth seeing."

I don't think Spring Awakening deserved best musical -- my pick would have been Gray Gardens. But I can understand why Bono would want to see it.

Now I wonder if he's going to have something to do with Live Earth tomorrow...

why wasnt I in nyc seeing spring awakening :mad:
i guess you have to be in the right place at the right time.
...yeah what about that new album?

from Gawker Stalker:

Bono
230 W 49th St
Jul 5th, 2007 @ 9pm

"Bono @ Spring Awakening. Sat next to U2's The Edge. Looked hot. Ducked out during the Standing-O to avoid the crowd. Smart one."

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
why wasnt I in nyc seeing spring awakening :mad:
i guess you have to be in the right place at the right time.

tell me about it- something that random would never happen to me, but of course it happens to my friend who's not even a fan! ;) but she knew i'd be thrilled, and i definitely appreciate her emailing me the story first thing this morning...

Last edited:
Yes, they were definitely doing reconnaisance work.

We also ducked out during the standing ovation. Must be the thing to do :)

*Ally* said:
from Gawker Stalker:

Bono
230 W 49th St
Jul 5th, 2007 @ 9pm

"Bono @ Spring Awakening. Sat next to U2's The Edge. Looked hot. Ducked out during the Standing-O to avoid the crowd. Smart one."

:mad: :no: :scream: :yell: :banghead: :silent: :censored:

OMG HE'S IN NEW YORK NOW!!!!!!

*Ally* said:

My dream guy...

would he and edge possibly surprise their adoring fans by appearing tomorrow at Giants Stadium ..... my daughter loves Kelly Clarkson and we were reading some stuff where she said she watches/listens to Bono and U2 a lot, especially their live stuff...and she'll be performing and it would be cool if......okay, just dreaming out loud .:scratch: :heart: :shrug:

blm said:
would he and edge possibly surprise their adoring fans by appearing tomorrow at Giants Stadium ..... my daughter loves Kelly Clarkson and we were reading some stuff where she said she watches/listens to Bono and U2 a lot, especially their live stuff...and she'll be performing and it would be cool if......okay, just dreaming out loud .:scratch: :heart: :shrug:

I'll bet they're there, Graydon in tow.

6bir9ug.jpg

6atisnm.jpg

6ftbh39.jpg

52n3a5w.jpg

4z2mv69.jpg

4k9gkfk.jpg

Photo credit B Glikas

Back
Top Bottom