Bono in NYC last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gluey said:
:sad:

Lets have a moments silence to remember those of us at the deep dark bottom of the world who can't be there with their sistahs...... :sad:

:wink: I'm so jealous of you all!! :D

Also though's of us up in the far north!! :(

Thanks for the lovely new pics! :wink:

Last edited:
circa1992 said:
Hi Lila & BonoFox! Wait, I just realized that Bono and Edge might not want to take their daughters to see Spring Awakening...there is a hilarious masturbation scene, as well as a sex scene with partial nudity. Generally not the sort of things a guy wants to see with his daughter!

:ohmy: :giggle:

And you let Sarah see this :eyebrow: :wink:

and no JC, I won't sell Maddy, she's priceless :hug:

Lila64 said:

:ohmy: :giggle:

And you let Sarah see this :eyebrow: :wink:

and no JC, I won't sell Maddy, she's priceless :hug:

Ya know, I figured since she was in high school, she's pretty much been exposed to just about everything now. I remember what I saw and heard when I was her age, and I know it hasn't gotten any better since then! Besides, it's "art." LOL. Honestly though, it sparked some interesting conversation because the show takes place (and was originally written) in 1890's Germany, in a repressed society in which adults didn't talk about important things (such as puberty, sex, etc.) with children/teens. And unfortunately for the characters, there are some dire consequences. It's a shame that the very same issues are still relevant more then 100 years later. The show is definitely for more mature audiences because it deals with some pretty serious issues: sex, depression, incest, suicide, etc. It's very well done, and the cast is so wonderful. Sarah loves chatting with them at stage door.
I just read on a Spring Awakening forum that Bono appeared to enjoy the show. Someone that had seats on stage Thursday night said they kept looking at Bono in the audience and that he laughed a lot.:drool:

chazman151 said:
6ftbh39.jpg

He's got shinies on his shirt :hmm:

^Awww, these new photos make me want to say to Bono: Come on, here's the bed, lay down and have a good night's sleep. Poor baby.

But then again: He lookes cute, as does Edge.

Glad to hear they enjoyed the show.

I am sure B is in NY with his family. After all it's his girl's birthday. Maybe they'll go to see Live Earth.

BonoFox1 said:
6ftbh39.jpg

HOLY THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD! :faint:

either he is tired or is annoyed about his pic been taken :hmm:

:lol: good pics nontheless

lucky NY'ers having 2 servings of Bono in 2 months... :tsk:

he should come to London this Wednesday :angry:

circa1992 said:
Hi Lila & BonoFox! Wait, I just realized that Bono and Edge might not want to take their daughters to see Spring Awakening...there is a hilarious masturbation scene, as well as a sex scene with partial nudity. Generally not the sort of things a guy wants to see with his daughter!
I remember being taken to one of our theatres with my school class when I was about 14 or 15 to see the play (I don't know the musical). Since none of us were really aware of what the play was about - strangely, we didn't read the book first in German class - we were all a little confused and surprised, yes embarrassed afterwards. I remember some quite graphic scenes, stuff that most of us hadn't seen before on stage.

Just for your information, Spring Awakening is based on the play by German writer Frank Wedekind (1864-1918), its original title is "Frühlings Erwachen". Wedekind wrote the play, which was frequently banned due to its open sexual references, in 1891. It was many years after the author's death that the play was performed in full length for the first time. Here is some information on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Awakening_(play)

As for the taking their daughters to the play: I think I wouldn't want to see something like this with my dad, so I understand.

circa1992 said:

:yikes: not with a dad....even if that dad IS Bono. :yuck:

Okay, i know this sounds "stalker-ish", but is there anyone who can hang out "by" B's NYC place, and perhaps get a glimpse of somethin'???? By the way, i have the LiveEarth concert on - and will start a new thread if i hear anything...:shifty:

blm said:
Okay, i know this sounds "stalker-ish", but is there anyone who can hang out "by" B's NYC place, and perhaps get a glimpse of somethin'???? By the way, i have the LiveEarth concert on - and will start a new thread if i hear anything...:shifty:

Ok even I wouldn't do that :eyebrow:

blm said:

No way, I know alot of us wouldn't hang by his place.

^^^I would not do that, esp after a story I ws told by a fan::

Turns out she got a free ticket to see U2 at the book signing last year she and her husband flew from California, I dont recall if this was b4 or after the booksigning, anywayshe said they waited for hours outside the apt building where Bono live, even chatyting up the doorman who assured than that Bono had ot left yet.
Eventually Bono came out the fan and her husband walked up to Bono and asked to take a pic and get an autograph, she said Bono looked annoyed and said no he does not meet fan outside his apt apologized and left, the fans said she was CRUSHED!! but then thought about it and relaized that it was wrong to have been there in the first place but they didnt know since it was the first time they were even in NY and thought it was a good idea to wait for him once they found out where the building was.

I really agree with you all, really- i meant just to see, NEVER would i invade his actual space and privacy by going up to bother him in private. REALLY, that would be totally rude.

where is his place?
I dont mean address or anything im just curious what part of the city his penhouse is in.
i really want tix for the opening night of spiderman the musical :drool:

Bodyguard

JCOSTER said:

I say it will be John!

I bet it's Brian, the one that was "touring with The Edge".

He was with Bono in Dublin last weekend, also in Cannes, also with Bono at Dublin City Hall on May 1st,....also at Abbey Road.

I haven't seen the rest of "usual" bodyguards with the band after the tour.

Regards

Xavi

With as generous as the band is during public appearances, there's no reason for fans to go anywhere near their homes. It makes me uncomfortable even that there are occasionally pictures of their houses posted online. They deserve their privacy when they're at home.

BonoFox1 said:
^^^I would not do that, esp after a story I ws told by a fan::

Turns out she got a free ticket to see U2 at the book signing last year she and her husband flew from California, I dont recall if this was b4 or after the booksigning, anywayshe said they waited for hours outside the apt building where Bono live, even chatyting up the doorman who assured than that Bono had ot left yet.
Eventually Bono came out the fan and her husband walked up to Bono and asked to take a pic and get an autograph, she said Bono looked annoyed and said no he does not meet fan outside his apt apologized and left, the fans said she was CRUSHED!! but then thought about it and relaized that it was wrong to have been there in the first place but they didnt know since it was the first time they were even in NY and thought it was a good idea to wait for him once they found out where the building was.

I don't blame him, look what happened to Lennon outside his home. I feel bad for that fan, but she should have thought about it first. I hope she gets a chance to meet him on his terms some day, and I hope other fans will learn from her mistake and give the band the privacy they deserve.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
where is his place?
I dont mean address or anything im just curious what part of the city his penhouse is in.
i really want tix for the opening night of spiderman the musical :drool:

top two floors of the San Remo

The best way to meet him I have heard through other people is to be patient, don't say I want you to, reach out an grab him, and not act like a complete lunatic which is more self control than one can imagine.

If you say, Bono can I give you :blahblah: :blahblah: that can work too!

Thats why I love to read fan meetings to see what approach is he likes.

Aww those pics are cute! :drool:

hmm meeting in October..hmm wasnt it about that time (september) last year when i hoped on a bus for 12 hours and waited in line from 3am to 11am to get inside B&N..HA..too bad this time I will be at school in cinci..I will keep this in mind tho..meeting the pleba sistas!

love2bmama said:

I don't blame him, look what happened to Lennon outside his home. I feel bad for that fan, but she should have thought about it first. I hope she gets a chance to meet him on his terms some day, and I hope other fans will learn from her mistake and give the band the privacy they deserve.

yeah she said she REALLY learned her lesson and even though she was crushed by the bad encounter with Bono she did get to meet him and take a pic with him for the signing of U2 by U2

circa1992 said:

It's not appropriate for anyone under college age. And I even thought it was gratuitous, to be honest. The show has a lot going for it without having to be so exploitive.

Re hanging out and trying to meet the guys in NY, if it's a public event with a red carpet, there's no reason why you shouldn't. They expect to see fans there.

But it really isn't fair to lurk outside their apartment buildings. That's their zone of privacy, especially in a place like NYC where you are being watched 24/7. That's why they live in expensive buildings with good security.

Back
Top Bottom