Bono in NYC last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It 's one thing, last unicorn, for someone in Gawker to say that they saw someone famous on the streets of NYC because there is no liability or accountability there.

It DOES become a bit more serious when a reputable news source (the Austin-American Statesman, a reputable newspaper) puts it on their website or in their newspaper because there IS a degree of accountability there to the public.

I put in a phone call to someone who might know the truth of all these sightings so I'm not worried about it.

I just thought that I would add something of substance to this discussion, which is as much my right as anyone else's.

I'm sure that you would be a bit hopeful if it was rumored that B was in your town. (look at all the other responses here about B in NYC!)

I really don't care because I'll be seeing the man in two weeks.

Have a beautiful day. Please don't let it get away!

:bonodrum: :hi5:

Sorry, I was just trying to be a bit sarcastic about all these obscure Bono sightings which we hear and read about so often, many of them are not real. It was nothing against you or anyone else, Jamila, I was only trying to make fun of the rumours.

IF ONLY he came to my city! You're right, I would be alarmed, too, if there were any rumours suggesting so, but with our media, it's very unlikely. At least I cannot remember that he has ever been rumoured to be here.

I wish you luck with seeing/meeting Bono!

blm said:
Oh, no- not that guy again?? If it were true, I think we would ahve heard more about it, and even pix from a camera phone, RIGHT??

As far as Oct. 26, I am counting on a certain Long Islander who has already met the real Mr. Hewson to lead this crazy pleban thing....
I have been wanting to "talk" (email) her, but am a bit nervous she will think i might be some kind of NUT!!
Give me a sign if you know who it is I am addressing.....
:wave:

:wave:

I just find it very hard to believe that he is in NYC right now, yet he didn't show up at the Toronto International Film festival last night for Across the Universe, not did he support premier of Daniel Lanois movie. Toronto is an hour flight from NYC.... and there were so many people/movies/individuals here in Toronto that he is linked with, yet he made no show.

Was no one there from the band?

You know, maybe Bono isn't very well at the moment because of all the stuff that has been going on recently, he's only human. Could also be that they want to work in the studio or that he's having political obligations, who knows? He cannot be everywhere.

Hey I just heard that on Sunday night there was a big tribute to Tony Bennett at Radio City Music Hall and even President Bill Clinton showed up and surprised everybody in the crowd....
so maybe Bono was hanging out back stage with his buddies!! :)
Just speculating.. I have no idea if he was there or not, but if he was in the Big Apple he probably would have been there.....

last unicorn said:
I was only trying to make fun of the rumours.

IF ONLY he came to my city! You're right, I would be alarmed, too, if there were any rumours suggesting so, but with our media, it's very unlikely. At least I cannot remember that he has ever been rumoured to be here.

Last unicorn, I'm sorry to tell it to you but Kommissar Rex has lost tracks of them at the airport in Parma, from where they flew away at about 9pm last saturday! :sexywink:

well, one other thing is.... Bono doesn't HAVE purple sunglasses :rolleyes: closest thing is the blue Elevation Bvlgari's or the PINK Armani's, which Bono isn't wearing anymore.... and we all know a dude who still wears those, including Bono's long hair..... :rolleyes:

Galeongirl said:
well, one other thing is.... Bono doesn't HAVE purple sunglasses :rolleyes: closest thing is the blue Elevation Bvlgari's or the PINK Armani's, which Bono isn't wearing anymore.... and we all know a dude who still wears those, including Bono's long hair..... :rolleyes:

I think that if I find myself before this dude I will almost for sure pitch into him and beat down very hard...:mad: :angry:

I'm not sure, but I might have solved both of these "Where's Bono?" mysteries.

A quick check of you-know-who's site tells us that on the 9th he was in Austin, Texas (aka Jamila country) and that he was then scheduled for an appearance on Maury Povich :)| ) on the 11th, in NY. It's way too much of a coincidence that this reviled Bono impersonator would be in the same two places where the "real" Bono was said to have been during pretty much the same stretch of time, no?

:shrug:

By the way, I suspect that the reason we can't name him is because he complained vehemently when someone here described his penis in less than flattering terms. LOL.

waynetravis said:
Him who shall not be named, is now sporting shorter hair.
Wow, after 1,5 years, this is really what I call a quick adjustment!

I guess it will take another 2 years before "he" realizes that he doesn't need to dye his hair black any longer.

:lol:

:rolleyes: and yet another mystery solved....

but I'm amazed he cut his hair after only 1,5 years of being outdated.... seems like he has brains after all, they just work a bit slow...

What in the world was he doing on Maury Povich? I didn't even know Maury still had a show on. Won't even check to see, cuz we don't want to give "him" any attention!:mad:

good detective work!!

O/T, but only a little: Can anyone tell me what day exactly Bono will be in Philadelphia to receive the Liberty Medal? I know some of you are going, I wish you all the luck!!!! Just need the date, since I cannot find anything about it at the moment.

last unicorn, here you go!!!!

Bono and DATA to Receive 2007 Liberty Medal at National Constitution Center
May 24, 2007

(PHILADELPHIA, PA, MAY 24, 2007) – The National Constitution Center’s 2007 Liberty Medal will be awarded jointly to Bono, U2 lead singer and activist, and DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), the advocacy organization he co-founded to combat poverty and disease in Africa. The prestigious Medal, and its accompanying $100,000 prize, will recognize Bono and DATA’s groundbreaking work in raising awareness about and spurring a global response to the crisis of AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. The public ceremony will take place on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at the National Constitution Center on Philadelphia’s Independence Mall. All of the prize money will be donated to DATA.

Joseph M. Torsella, National Constitution Center President and CEO, made the announcement today, saying this year’s recipient is an inspirational example of the power of citizens to elevate important issues to the world stage.

“Working hand-in-hand with DATA, Bono has become the ultimate civic entrepreneur – but on a global scale that the Founders could have only imagined,” said Torsella. “Bono and DATA don’t just raise awareness, important though that is. They challenge the world’s richest nations to do better by Africa, and challenge African nations to do better by their own people.”

“In honoring Bono and DATA with this year’s Liberty Medal, we honor their global commitment. We honor the fact that an Irish-born rock star and a Washington-based non-profit can lead a movement to improve life and liberty on the African continent.”

Bono, U2 lead singer and DATA co-founder, said, "This is a real honor for myself and my bosses at DATA -- I am very proud of their work. It's also a great excuse to go back to Philadelphia, where we launched the ONE Campaign which now has 2.4 million Americans signed up to fight for justice on behalf of the poorest of the poor. I don’t suppose there are enough Liberty Medals to go around, but in truth those people should all be wearing one too.”

biff said:

By the way, I suspect that the reason we can't name him is because he complained vehemently when someone here described his penis in less than flattering terms. LOL.

Really!?! How the heck did I miss THAT one?!?:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

last unicorn said:

Wow, after 1,5 years, this is really what I call a quick adjustment!

I guess it will take another 2 years before "he" realizes that he doesn't need to dye his hair black any longer.

:lol:

His hair still doesnt match Bono though.
Its like Bono's Beautiful Day video hair, but it has to much gel in it.

blm said:
last unicorn, here you go!!!!

Bono and DATA to Receive 2007 Liberty Medal at National Constitution Center
May 24, 2007

(PHILADELPHIA, PA, MAY 24, 2007) – The National Constitution Center’s 2007 Liberty Medal will be awarded jointly to Bono, U2 lead singer and activist, and DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), the advocacy organization he co-founded to combat poverty and disease in Africa. The prestigious Medal, and its accompanying $100,000 prize, will recognize Bono and DATA’s groundbreaking work in raising awareness about and spurring a global response to the crisis of AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. The public ceremony will take place on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at the National Constitution Center on Philadelphia’s Independence Mall. All of the prize money will be donated to DATA.

Joseph M. Torsella, National Constitution Center President and CEO, made the announcement today, saying this year’s recipient is an inspirational example of the power of citizens to elevate important issues to the world stage.

“Working hand-in-hand with DATA, Bono has become the ultimate civic entrepreneur – but on a global scale that the Founders could have only imagined,” said Torsella. “Bono and DATA don’t just raise awareness, important though that is. They challenge the world’s richest nations to do better by Africa, and challenge African nations to do better by their own people.”

“In honoring Bono and DATA with this year’s Liberty Medal, we honor their global commitment. We honor the fact that an Irish-born rock star and a Washington-based non-profit can lead a movement to improve life and liberty on the African continent.”

Bono, U2 lead singer and DATA co-founder, said, "This is a real honor for myself and my bosses at DATA -- I am very proud of their work. It's also a great excuse to go back to Philadelphia, where we launched the ONE Campaign which now has 2.4 million Americans signed up to fight for justice on behalf of the poorest of the poor. I don’t suppose there are enough Liberty Medals to go around, but in truth those people should all be wearing one too.”

Weather permitting....I shall be there. :hyper:

Another Gawker sighting, so....

Bono

121 Prince St
Bono shaking hands and taking pics w/fans in front of Club Monaco on Broadway Soho

I'm telling you its not him its the other one who want to be Bono!

My senses are telling me no, unless spider webs have clogged them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom