Bono in NYC last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That Flat Stanley is adorable! I'd seen pictures of this and thought Edge was behind it, because of his little ones.

The rest of Flat Stanley's adventures will be anticlimactic...hanging with U2 is the best thing EVER!!!!

Diane L said:
That Flat Stanley is adorable! I'd seen pictures of this and thought Edge was behind it, because of his little ones.

The rest of Flat Stanley's adventures will be anticlimactic...hanging with U2 is the best thing EVER!!!!

You are not kidding! Nothing will ever compare to that adventure with U2 will it. Oh that is too funny, the Edge behind it? Wonder if he met him? I'll get answers next tour for ya. After she got them all developed we never got to talk to him about the details. But we sent him his own set of pictures to laugh at.

He also helped Willie with stage production:

Photo_2005_4_20_0_4_18.jpg

Stanley got put to work helping our Audio Jedi Master Joe since he had to carry him around everywhere and take pictures. haha!

Photo_2005_4_19_23_54_12.jpg

After it all happened we had a huge thread going over on the other forum. Stanley got pretty famous. SO famous the one mod asked Shofer if she could take him to a few shows with her and she did. Here is her blog she had made back then.

http://flatstanleysadventures.blogspot.com/

Shofer had made Stanley a little more durable for the tour and added a sheriff's badge on him. (had to do with a story of him and another squirrel mascot, don't ask. haha!) He became well loved by other fans...Check out her blog and pix in Chicago. He even got interviewed for the dvd, but didn't make the final cut.
*sniff sniff*

DreamOutLoud13 said:

It's just the flash reflecting off of the one on the left and making it look lighter in colour.

That would be a good photo to show all the people who don't think Bono has more than one Gretsch.

"Oh noes :sad: Bono auctioned off his green guitar! What is he gonna play now?! :scream:"

Did he have 3 at one time? I thought I had heard there was 3 and then of course I know he auctioned off the one in Chicago, and now the other one with the flowers he drew on it. I hope he kept one at least..I love that guitar!

u2jesusgirl said:

Did he have 3 at one time? I thought I had heard there was 3 and then of course I know he auctioned off the one in Chicago, and now the other one with the flowers he drew on it. I hope he kept one at least..I love that guitar!

he had six of them

yes, I see now the lightness of color is from the flash. But, doesn't the one on the left have two switches (?) while the one on the right has only one?

The green guitar was at the P8 concert in Rostock on June 7, Dallas took care of it, however, Bono did not use it during his performance. It travelled all the way to Germany just to lean around somewhere on the stage.

My daughter did a Flat Stanley in elem school, too. The kids had to mail it to someone they knew in another state, but this is too incredible.
I have never been jealous of a piece of paper before. NOW I AM !!!!!! Great story :grumpy: :heart: :cool:

last unicorn said:
The green guitar was at the P8 concert in Rostock on June 7, Dallas took care of it, however, Bono did not use it during his performance. It travelled all the way to Germany just to lean around somewhere on the stage.

:shifty: Maybe they're doing a Gretsch version of Flat Stanley.....

:reject:

dazzledbylight said:
that was adorable, jg! :cute:

had never heard of Flat Stanely before! a def fun idea for kids!

My hubby and I were out shopping one day and ran into an elderly couple carrying around a life size version of Flat Stanley in a store. At the time we had no idea who he was, so we stopped them and asked them about it. esp because Stanley was so huge!! It was so cute and adorable! They were so proud and honored to do it for their grandchild.

So carrying a life size Flat Gluey around NYC is definately appropriate!! haha!!

u2jesusgirl said:

My hubby and I were out shopping one day and ran into an elderly couple carrying around a life size version of Flat Stanley in a store. At the time we had no idea who he was, so we stopped them and asked them about it. esp because Stanley was so huge!! It was so cute and adorable! They were so proud and honored to do it for their grandchild.

So carrying a life size Flat Gluey around NYC is definately appropriate!! haha!!

:hyper:

:hug:

Me either actually!! :shifty: I want lots of pics!! Must have proof of where I've been and who I've had my pic taken with!! :yes:

Especially between the toes :tongue:

I hope you make it a decent sized stick that I'm on....don't want to be ripped off now! :yes:

I'll have to be in the 'back row' for the pics then won't I!! :giggle: But feel free to drop my height if I'm with Bono, don't want him to be put off by my height (5'10") :giggle: And make sure you get my 'good side' for pics :yes:

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom