Bono in NYC last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
^ Instead of Flat Stanley you could be Flat Gluey! :laugh:

Did you say Flat Stanley??!!!! Do you know his real story of his one day job with u2?? He's gone to places we all can only dream of going......I never wanted to be a piece a paper so bad in my life......lol! maybe Flat Gluey can hang with him....

Bono's wardrobe dresser
Photo_2005_4_19_23_47_52.jpg

relax on the U2 tour bus

Photo_2005_4_19_23_52_59.jpg

Roadie for Irish Falcon...
Photo_2005_4_19_23_57_35.jpg

Sound Assistant....
Photo_2005_4_19_23_50_30_edited.jpg

or maybe help sell tour tshirts...
Photo_2005_4_19_23_51_38.jpg

:reject: Where have I been (or not been as is the case I'm trying to correct!!)....where, how, who & why is flat Stanley and how did he get there!!!!!!!! :hyper: I LOVE the pics of him!!!

Haha :lol:

We took Flat Stanley to Sea World for my nephew and got him kicked out of the park, I don't have the pics anymore tho.

Those are great U2jg! :D

gluey said:
:reject: Where have I been (or not been as is the case I'm trying to correct!!)....where, how, who & why is flat Stanley and how did he get there!!!!!!!! :hyper: I LOVE the pics of him!!!

Aren't they hysterical! I couldn't remember if I ever posted these before......'

Flat Stanley is a cute project that elementary school kids do. They usually send him off to a relative (Grandparens) to take around with them and take pictures of what they do on their adventure together..

Flat Stanley - U2 road crew for the day.....it was thanks to a very special man... He did this for my nephew Sean who was 8 years old at the time.

He did this in Phoenix between the two vertigo shows for us.

Photo_2005_4_19_23_59_19.jpg

Photo_2005_4_20_0_6_36.jpg

Photo_2005_4_20_0_0_48.jpg

Photo_2005_4_20_0_3_6.jpg

Photo_2005_4_19_23_55_12.jpg

I love him holding the drum stix! haha!!

Last edited:
OMG JG that is soooooo cool!! OMG your nephew would have been the talk of the school having his flat Stanley in such cool pics!! Wow! :bow: to Flat Stanley.....

Last edited:
gluey said:
OMG JG that is soooooo cool!! OMG your nephew would have been the talk of the school having his flat Stanley in such cool pics!! Wow! :bow: to Flat Stanley.....

He was Gluey!! The star at school for weeks! I can't find the pic of him holding Stanley after everything, (will still look) but this was the auto Bono signed for him. He drew fly shades on Sean's face. So funny. The newspaper article was on the family being all fans. (He drew the shades because of what Sean says in the article about loving the song "The Fly") Was really awesome. That is Shofer (his mom) in the picture. I have posted a pic of her with Bono at UF. Bono was suppose to keep the article but he wanted Sean to have it signed. Again, so awesome. If he would have come the second night, Bono was going to pull him up on stage, but Sean didnt come the second night. (Girl's night only) A missed opportunity....

FlyBoy.jpg

That is so cool! Wow, that just seem so typical of Bono to want Sean to keep the signed article. Did he know about Flat Stanley at the time?

u2jesusgirl said:

He was Gluey!! The star at school for weeks! I can't find the pic of him holding Stanley after everything, (will still look) but this was the auto Bono signed for him. He drew fly shades on Sean's face. So funny. The newspaper article was on the family being all fans. (He drew the shades because of what Sean says in the article about loving the song "The Fly") Was really awesome. That is Shofer (his mom) in the picture. I have posted a pic of her with Bono at UF. Bono was suppose to keep the article but he wanted Sean to have it signed. Again, so awesome. If he would have come the second night, Bono was going to pull him up on stage, but Sean didnt come the second night. (Girl's night only) A missed opportunity....

FlyBoy.jpg

That is SO AWESOME JG!! Thank you for sharing this, I remember you telling me this story :)

u2jesusgirl said:

Aren't they hysterical! I couldn't remember if I ever posted these before......'

Flat Stanley is a cute project that elementary school kids do. They usually send him off to a relative (Grandparens) to take around with them and take pictures of what they do on their adventure together..

Flat Stanley - U2 road crew for the day.....it was thanks to a very special man... He did this for my nephew Sean who was 8 years old at the time.

He did this in Phoenix between the two vertigo shows for us.

Photo_2005_4_19_23_59_19.jpg

Photo_2005_4_20_0_6_36.jpg

Photo_2005_4_20_0_0_48.jpg

Photo_2005_4_20_0_3_6.jpg

Photo_2005_4_19_23_55_12.jpg

I love him holding the drum stix! haha!!

SO COOL!!!!:laugh:

gluey said:
That is so cool! Wow, that just seem so typical of Bono to want Sean to keep the signed article. Did he know about Flat Stanley at the time?

Bono is so awesome with the kids!!!!

It is still a mystery..We don't know if Bono knew about Flat Stanley or not at the time. He spent the night there with "Amigo" on the tour bus and we don't know everyone he met except for Phil Docherty with the green falcon and Stuart Morgan, Adams tech. But Amigo sure put a lot of effort into the pictures. Like I said I love that drum stix one. LOL! He also put the tape on him to prop him up on everything. We didn't. We can only dream he met Bono.. Here is a confusing pic, he is eating with Amigo but reading the Elevation tour book, even tho it was the Vertigo tour..????? I am so confused....Maybe he snuck on that tour and we didn't know it...LOL!

Photo_2005_4_20_0_8_1.jpg

I think I can say we all would love to be that flat piece of paper!!!
I know what you mean JC!! haha!!!

wow,that flat stanley takes the cake! I was just remembering when my little girls did that back in elementary school, and the kids at school would ooh and aah if flat stanley had gone to places like "the zoo", or got to go the beach............ flat stanley hung out with U2 backstage????
To be a little piece of paper and get to go places we only dream of, unbelievable........... :ohmy:

That is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!

Am I crazy or are the two "Goal is Soul" guitars different shades of green?
Can someone tell me about them? Thanks!

Val said:
Am I crazy or are the two "Goal is Soul" guitars different shades of green?
Can someone tell me about them? Thanks!
It's just the flash reflecting off of the one on the left and making it look lighter in colour.

That would be a good photo to show all the people who don't think Bono has more than one Gretsch.

"Oh noes :sad: Bono auctioned off his green guitar! What is he gonna play now?! :scream:"

Back
Top Bottom