Bono in Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack In The Box

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
well, he came to Guadalajara to see the possible stadiums for Vertigo Tour in 2006, saw a Cirque Du Soleil show, talked with some mexican musicians and blah blah blah, it's unfair, I'm not from Guadalajara :(

I heard that he's still in Guadalajara, but I don't know really

pics (from Record and Mural newspapers):

bono.jpg

bonoGDL.jpg

bonoGDL2.jpg

bonoGDL3.jpg

bonoGDL4.jpg

Yes, thanks for the pics.

@u2 reports that while he was in Mexico he checked out two stadiums. Don't they hire people to do that for them? Like he has sooo much spare time on his hands.:shrug:

biff said:
Yes, thanks for the pics.

@u2 reports that while he was in Mexico he checked out two stadiums. Don't they hire people to do that for them? Like he has sooo much spare time on his hands.:shrug:

Maybe it was a day trip, and then he went back to the beach :lol:.

Didn't they stay in Acapulco the last time they had a break?

e0470213.jpg

b9e509c6.jpg

Last edited:
That's the face I saw through the car window in Tampa. ;-) At least the bottom photo of him flashing the peace sign looks happy enough!

kellyahern said:

Maybe it was a day trip, and then he went back to the beach :lol:.

Didn't they stay in Acapulco the last time they had a break?

e0470213.jpg

b9e509c6.jpg

He looks like a kid hanging out of the car, lol. Awwwwww :drool:

kellyahern said:
he looks fine to me :shrug:

Just because he isn't :D , doesn't mean he's not happy :confused:

Me too - not everyone is :D all the time - including b-man...

I wish B would smile more often. I know he's only human and has those kinda days when he's pissed off and that's fine. But when ppl around you are smiling it kinda ruins the pix when someone is not. Sometimes I think it would be better that if you don't feel like having your photo taken, then perhaps you shouldn't.

Don't mean to offend anyone here with my pov, but it does seem a shame.

youvedonewhat said:
I wish B would smile more often. I know he's only human and has those kinda days when he's pissed off and that's fine. But when ppl around you are smiling it kinda ruins the pix when someone is not. Sometimes I think it would be better that if you don't feel like having your photo taken, then perhaps you shouldn't.

I know a few people that don't realize what they look like when they don't smile. :shrug: Or they try for a serious look but it comes across as upset - know what I mean?

BonoFox1 said:
Thanks for the pics!!!...I plan to go to Mexico if they play there!!!!:wink:

well, people here talk about 4 concerts: 1 Guadalajara, 1 Monterrey and 2 Mexico City... if I have the money, I'll go to 3 (Mexico City and Guadalajara)

if you come, you're welcome

thanks kellyhern for more pics :wink:

youvedonewhat said:

Part of the problem is the shades. If you have a straight face, you can still really smile with your eyes, but since Bono always has his shades on (and dark ones at that), it's not coming accross and he probably doesn't realize it.

I had this problem the first time I met Bono. He was wearing blue tinted shades, and in person, he was very warm and happy looking, b/c you're close enough to see his eyes through the shades and see all of his facial expressions, but in my pictures he looks kind of dull and unamused.

I know a few people that don't realize what they look like when they don't smile. :shrug: Or they try for a serious look but it comes across as upset - know what I mean?

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm one of those people, actually :lol: . People will be asking me why I look so pissed, and I'll be confused because I feel perfectly fine. Then I go look in a mirror and I'm like, "Oh."

Junebug said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm one of those people, actually :lol: . People will be asking me why I look so pissed, and I'll be confused because I feel perfectly fine. Then I go look in a mirror and I'm like, "Oh."
The very same with me right here. :wave:

These pics are REALLY GREAT!

So glad that it looks like Bono's enjoying himself. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom