Bono in Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ha! How on earth could Bono go unnoticed in his trademark sunglasses & hat? Silly boy! :wink:

I'm happy he got out of the LA rain! Hopefully it's nice & warm down there and he's feeling better. :)

Quoting a subscriber member of Zootopia:

U2 spent 10 days in Rosarito, Baja Calfornia, Mexico (across the border from San Diego)working on the rehersals of the upcoming tour.

They worked at the Fox Baja Studios in Rosarito.

An inside contact, confirmed this to me last saturday, the last day the spend there.

They even stayed at a local hotel in Rosarito, for Bono's room they had to install everything new, specially the carpet- to keep Bono safe from his allergies.

U2 rehearsed the whole new album and old songs. One of the old songs they worked on was LEMON.

They were taken to San Diego on saturday to fly to Vancouver for the final "on stage" rehersal of the new show.

Local newspaper La Cronica de Baja California showed Bono with a Fan last week, while he was at Ensenada (60 mins from Rosarito).

I am not sure in the hotel, I think is costa mesa, I will confirm with my friend later today.
All the staff at the Fox studios were told they will be fired if they disclose this info.
Vh1 also shooted an special show, I think is gonna be "spotlight on U2" that will air on march 19.
My friend was able to see Edge and Larry having lunch at the restaurant inside the studios and Bono on his dressing rooms checking some polaroid pix of him -probably trying his wardrobe for the tour.

After my friend was done with his duties, he and the rest of the guys stayed outside the studio listening to U2 playing live and trying the set list for the upcoming shows.

Supposedly Larry was there too, he's got his happy face on:

CIMG0034.JPG

For whatever reason the second picture doesn't want to come up, I guess you can cut and paste the link:

CIMG0035.JPG

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
um, I think that might be larry's happy face:wink:
Poor thing! :tsk:
He's so gorgeous when he smiles!
That's why I don't think I will ever ask him to take a picture with me. It seems like he doesn't appreciate at all.

yep, he's definitely the most private of the group--based on everything that's been written.

nurse chrissi said:
I'm posting the other picture - thanks for finding these
CIMG0035.jpg

I wonder what BAR they were in??...Damn it! I'm about a 2 1/2 hour drive from ensenada....

SPeaking of Larry smiles..On the night before the Grammys Lars and his bodygraurd drove out of the hotel and Larry actually smiled!...he us fans there and smiled...knowing Larrys history I could swear he laughed at us fools cause he covered his mouth..too many of us witnessed this and came to the conclusion that he laughed at us!:|

BonoFox1 said:

Sorry Im late with this...but I thought we were done with this thread, then I read that they rehersed LEMON??....Could MacPhisto be back????:drool:

had not thought about that aspect:drool: :drool: :drool:

If Macphisto comes back, I will....I will...well, I don't know what I'll do, but it will probably involve spontaneous human combustion at some point.

:macdevil: :drool: :drool: :heart: :heart:

MacPhisto will probably be back (with shades I've been wondering) and if he does I’ll be so unhappy:( . I hate Bono painting his face :yikes: and dressing like a clown.
I'll probably like it as much as you girls, but right now (there's still 4 months for me to wait...) I just wanna be close to him and to see his beautiful blue eyes.:sigh:

miss becky said:
If Macphisto comes back, I will....I will...well, I don't know what I'll do, but it will probably involve spontaneous human combustion at some point.

:macdevil: :drool: :drool: :heart: :heart:

me too:reject: - along with a bunch of other 20-somethings that got into u2 around that time:D

nurse chrissi said:
me too:reject: - along with a bunch of other 20-somethings that got into u2 around that time:D
I wish I'd been around too. I'd probably know what you're talking about.
It's only another four months anyway...:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom