Bono in Lastovo Island, Croacia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueyedpoet said:

Don't we all want a sexy, wily Bono to be around as much as possible?

I want a happy, relaxed Bono instead of a Bono completely stressed out about how he’s going to look in the photograph, or someone too worried on being healthy (if I lived thinking that I was gonna have cancer some day I’d be completely nuts :crazy: and wouldn’t live to see it), because people like these rarely have a good mental health.
Hyperactive people, who suddenly stop to get some rest, have good meals, spend some time with family, etc, do gain weight.
He’s 46 and he’s no top-model, so lets not make him feel like he is one.;)

I’m sure he’ll lose weight before the tour begins. Let him enjoy his vacation, he deserves it.

Yep, he needs a good vacation before the 'rock n roll dawgy' comes back to me & Slopsy in NZ - its only been 13 YEARS since they were last year, so he has a lot of making up to do!!!:wink:

nav-probono.gif

LostAtMoon said:

I want a happy, relaxed Bono instead of a Bono completely stressed out about how he’s going to look in the photograph, or someone too worried on being healthy (if I lived thinking that I was gonna have cancer some day I’d be completely nuts :crazy: and wouldn’t live to see it), because people like these rarely have a good mental health.
Hyperactive people, who suddenly stop to get some rest, have good meals, spend some time with family, etc, do gain weight.
He’s 46 and he’s no top-model, so lets not make him feel like he is one.;)

I’m sure he’ll lose weight before the tour begins. Let him enjoy his vacation, he deserves it.

Exactly!

I agree completely, LostAtMoon. :wink:

gluey said:
Yep, he needs a good vacation before the 'rock n roll dawgy' comes back to me & Slopsy in NZ - its only been 13 YEARS since they were last year, so he has a lot of making up to do!!!:wink:

I agree with this post, the way he looks now he aint' gonna get through one show on our tour, let alone the whole leg, and frankly, we aren't happy to wait 8, 9 years (and longer for the NZ people :wink: ) to get a substandard U2 to what the rest of the world has seen TWICE since. :mad:

Chizip said:
Do you realllllly think Bono would give 2 shits about what some people said about him on the internet? Sure he is fat and balding, but at the end of the day he is a super rich mega rock star who could have any girl he wanted in the world, and we are just losers on the internet.

:lol:

Oh no, what has become of this thread?

I am amongst those who say he should definitly lose some weight, but I can see that, at the moment, he is just relaxing and having a good time, and the way I see Bono, I am sure that he will start doing something about the whole issue before the tour starts.
I mean he has never been a "thin" person anyway, that's just the way he's built physically and I believe it's better for him because it makes it easier for him to deal with all the stress in his life.

Other than that, those latest pictures are private anyway and not really meant for anyone to see. I don't think B. would be too happy to know that people are discussing his weight and appearance based on these intimate pictures.

I think we are dealing with his whole issue in a very loving and ironic way that should not be taken too seriously.
I enjoy this place so much more than the discussion on EYKIW, because there is so much bashing going on out of pure frustration or jealousy or whatever. I don't come to a U2 fanboard to see all this Bono bashing, I could go anywhere to get a taste of that if I wanted to.
I love the man and for me he'll always be a beautiful person, inside and outside.

last unicorn said:

Other than that, those latest pictures are private anyway and not really meant for anyone to see. I don't think B. would be too happy to know that people are discussing his weight and appearance based on these intimate pictures.

I think we are dealing with his whole issue in a very loving and ironic way that should not be taken too seriously.
I enjoy this place so much more than the discussion on EYKIW, because there is so much bashing going on out of pure frustration or jealousy or whatever. I don't come to a U2 fanboard to see all this Bono bashing, I could go anywhere to get a taste of that if I wanted to.
I love the man and for me he'll always be a beautiful person, inside and outside.

I don't think Bono minds us seeing this pictures, otherwise he wouldn't be laughing at the camera in one of them..

I agree completely with you on the second poitn... that's why I'm not really in EYKIW anymore... I prefer to keep it positive.. and if I have a negative thing to say about the band, I'd rather keep it to myself.

sorry to derail this thread once more, back to croatia now..

my parents met each other in croatia, they were thinking of going there this holidays.... now I wish they did :lol: since he wasn't in France!

Jeannieco said:

But I think this is a good indication as Jcoster said that he is obviously trying to or has already quit smoking! Bravo BONO!

first I have to say, coming here in this thread,gave me a huge laugh :lol:

second, don't get your hopes up about him quitting smoking.
I know for a fact he hasn't quit smoking his big cigars.

I think maybe it's time to stop posting his pics in a drooling sort of way, only an informational way. As the other poster said, he is no top model, and really there is no need to pretend he is. He was a gorgeous man in his time, and we have thousands of hot pics of him, but he has totally let himself go, given up on his body, face, hair, everything. I suppose he's decided he only wants to be a middle aged husband and father and perhaps politician instead of a sexy rock star. There are other rock stars his age or older who maintain their looks but it doesn't seem important to him anymore. I am actually shocked he hasn't tried to grow his hair and get into shape, after all the tour starts in only two months. There's no time now. I pity those of you Aussies if he jumps into the crowd now, ouch! I still enjoy his music and admire his humanitarianism, but as far as "hot" pictures, it looks like those days are over.

I don't think anybody who compliments Bono's current appearance is "pretending". I seriously think he looks cute in those pics, purely speaking in physical terms. I like guys who are a little soft! However...speaking not just in physical terms...

Fans of Bono, especially longtime fans, have come to associate a certain beauty with Bono...the kind of beauty that transcends physical appearance. He has a warmth and charm about him. Therefore, I think there are many people who will always find Bono to be handsome in his own way, regardless of appearance.

Bonochick said:
I don't think anybody who compliments Bono's current appearance is "pretending". I seriously think he looks cute in those pics, purely speaking in physical terms. I like guys who are a little soft! However...speaking not just in physical terms...

Fans of Bono, especially longtime fans, have come to associate a certain beauty with Bono...the kind of beauty that transcends physical appearance. He has a warmth and charm about him. Therefore, I think there are many people who will always find Bono to be handsome in his own way, regardless of appearance.

:bow: thanks for putting in words what I think of this!

Bonochick said:

yougogirl.gif

I really do find him :drool: worthy. Even now. I have followed him for 26 years and I am not about to write him off because he's gained a few. I still love him and always will.

I don't see the fuss. We all have different standards of attractiveness. I don't expect everyone will find him droolworthy as he is, but I don't think they should expect everyone else will find him unappealing because they do either. My first genuine reaction was to think the pics were completely adorable //pleban moment :cute: Like someone else said, he's never been super skinny, so his physique now is not that far off from what he's always been. He looks like a man who's enjoying his vacation. Also, considering the problems he's been having with his back, it would make it difficult for him to do crunches and lose the tummy. Give him a break :shrug: I'm not saying "OMG, don't call him fat!!1", just saying ease up on the nastiness. kthxbye :p

I know I would certainly have no reason to "pretend" to like the way Bono looks right now. What would be the point? :shrug: The fact that he wasn't thin, but was softer around the edges is what I liked at 1st physically about him anyway. I still think he looks great. Those sweaty Sarajevo pics... damn.
(and I would happily go to Australia or New Zealand to get crushed by Bono.) :wink:

Last edited:
Bonofire said:
I think maybe it's time to stop posting his pics in a drooling sort of way, only an informational way.

dream on.

:drool: :drool:

If only the "alternate opinion" wasn't such a bad disguise for poking fun at the pictures and other members of this forum.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
If only the "alternate opinion" wasn't such a bad disguise for poking fun at the pictures and other members of this forum.

And for being such a not-very-good disguise for TROLLS in this particular forum. They match every identifying characteristic. Why are they tolerated?

Oh my, 24 hours since I last visited this thread and we are still arguing about who thinks Bono is hot and who doesn't.

My 2 cents:

If you don't like it (the news pics) than don't look.

Here is a little warning for some of you who are judging him because he looks older and gained a few pounds, DON'T EVER GET MARRIED!! Sheesh, this will happen to the majority of the population. It's called aging.

Pleba is a spot for "drooling" over pics of the boys. I think some of you should visit some Bono bashing web sites, or stick to the "music" type threads. imo.

:)

Back
Top Bottom