Bono in LA tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream chaser

Acrobat
Sooo, a friend of mine just called to tell me she heard that Bono was in town for an event tonight, but I haven't seen a thing anywhere about it so she asked me to, well, you know, check out PLEBA cause you gals are in the know!

So did anyone else hear this radio announcement or is it a hoax? With all these fake Bonos running around I often wonder...

That and what event could it be? What's going on tonight?

Cheers!
-Mel

Wayne hasn't seen Bono since Thursday right?
There is a RED event going on in LA and you know how Bono likes to fly all over the place at moments notice...
I just got a message from RED about the event....
It doesn't say he will be there but you never know....

Here is the blurb:

We are delighted to be part of the upcoming Global Mala Project, a worldwide event taking place September 21-23, 2007. The Los Angeles Convention Center will serve as the international epicenter and locale a two-day event on September 22 and 23. A portion of proceeds from all VIP, Weekend, and Full Program (including Night) ticket sales at the Los Angeles event will be contributed to the Global Fund, INSPI(RED) by (RED). The program in Los Angeles includes yoga, dance, inspirational speakers and musical performances.

Be sure to stop by the (RED) tent and say hello! For more information, check out globalmala.org, or buy tickets online now.

Jeannieco said:
Wayne hasn't seen Bono since Thursday right?
There is a RED event going on in LA and you know how Bono likes to fly all over the place at moments notice...
I just got a message from RED about the event....
It doesn't say he will be there but you never know....

Here is the blurb:

We are delighted to be part of the upcoming Global Mala Project, a worldwide event taking place September 21-23, 2007. The Los Angeles Convention Center will serve as the international epicenter and locale a two-day event on September 22 and 23. A portion of proceeds from all VIP, Weekend, and Full Program (including Night) ticket sales at the Los Angeles event will be contributed to the Global Fund, INSPI(RED) by (RED). The program in Los Angeles includes yoga, dance, inspirational speakers and musical performances.

Be sure to stop by the (RED) tent and say hello! For more information, check out globalmala.org, or buy tickets online now.

You never know, but the unmentionable lookalike was scheduled for LA on the 18th and often hangs around and picks up other gigs from what I understand. I think the best bet is to always look for the scar on the chin because so far the lookalikes don't copy that.

Dana

rihannsu said:
Yeah, he finally cut it, about a year late.
Dana

Yeah, but his hair is still badly out of date. He's actually moved backwards in time, to about 2000. It's spiky and has lots of goop, a la early ATYCLB. He has not yet embraced the buzz cut, and I am sure that he will not do so anytime soon.

(Also, he has a really dented nose, and yellow skin, and there's no changing that. LOL!)

Rachel D. said:
Has Fake Bono even cut his hair yet? Last I heard, his hair is still long-ish.

I think the reason most Bono impersonators don't shave their heads is because when they are onstage they need to represent all eras of Bono, and he had long or longish hair for most of his career. It's more flexible to work with in costume changes.

Back
Top Bottom