Bono in Japan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonojap21.jpg

:bono: You're going to get this shovel on your head, for making me wear these white gloves :madwife:

These are great - thank you, ladies!

Uh... isn't he supposed to be working on the new album? He's playing hookie!

You Aussies may have several cracks at the B-Man soon - I bet he'll go back to Japan a lot (because he's supposed to be working on a new album so let's go to Japan! Besides, they're shorter than he is LOL).

Ah, I'm away from here for one day and see what happens!? :rolleyes: Thanks so much to everyone for all the lovely new pics of Bono!! :wave:

The one pic the Bono holding the spade in front of his face is sooo funny! :giggle:

For those of you who are actually interested in the reason WHY Bono is currently in Japan:

EXTRA: Bono urges Japan to double multilateral ODA to Africa : Africa World

(copy and paste link)

Tokyo - Irish band U2 vocalist Bono urged Japan to increase not only bilateral but also multilateral aid to African nations, Bono's advocacy group Data said Wednesday. Bilateral official development aid (ODA) accounts for about half of Japan's aid to Africa, while the rest of foreign aid goes through institutions such as the World Bank, the Global Fund, African Development Bank and the UN.

"It is misleading to announce a doubling of ODA, and dash the hopes of AIDS sufferers who discover they are not included in such doubling of aid," Bono said.

The musician also stressed the urgent need for the Group of Eight, to take concrete steps to address the food crisis through investment in African agriculture. Japan will host the next G8 meeting in Toyako in July.

Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda announced Wednesday Japan's plan to double its bilateral aid to Africa by 2012 to improve infrastructure, boost agricultural production and invite more private investment in the region.

Bono planned to urge Fukuda to double all ODA at their meeting on Thursday in Yokohama, during a three-day Tokyo International Conference for African Development.

------------------------------------------

Gotta Love Bono....:bono::heart::heart::hug:

Bono, vocalist of the Irish rock band U2, listens to a participant at a NGO symposium held at the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV ), in Yokohama, near Tokyo, Japan, 28 May 2008. Bono is in Japan to participate in the TICAD IV meeting of Japan and 52 African nations, which is being held in Yokohama from May 28-30.

0a2caa53.jpg

d545d85f.jpg

Bono, vocalist of the Irish rock band U2, listens to a participant at a NGO symposium held at the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV ), in Yokohama, near Tokyo, Japan, 28 May 2008. Bono is in Japan to participate in the TICAD IV meeting of Japan and 52 African nations, which is being held in Yokohama from May 28-30.

d545d85f.jpg

:macdevil: GRRRRRRRRRRRR... go get em tiger!!

Yikes, he looks ill-pleased!

( :shame: Don't make him angry; you won't like him when he's angry....)

Let me catch my breath again. Okay, allright - can I say that I want to touch the sides of his head, that gorgeous hair, WHILE I listen carefully to EVERY word he says. Does that make everyone happy
:evil::crack:

0a2caa53.jpg

d545d85f.jpg

OH SO SERIOUS!!!!!:kiss:

Back
Top Bottom