Bono In Elton John's Swimming Pool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I want a pic
biggrin.gif

Bono and Neil's Row Ends with a Splash!
Spat ended in Elton's pool

Sunday People, April 21, 2002

Eamonn O'Hanlon

Bono has ended a simmering feud with the Pet Shop Boys over their cover version of one of U2's best-loved songs.

He was appalled after they turned the 1987 hit "Where The Streets Have No Name" into an instant camp classic by adding their own vocals and a pumping disco beat.

The Irish rockers issued a statement soon after the Pet Shop Boys version was released, declaring: "What have we done to deserve this?" But speaking about the spat for the first time this week, singer Neil Tennant insisted he had managed at long last to patch things up with Bono.

Peace was declared after a bizarre encounter at Elton John's mansion in the South of France, which ended with Bono and the English pop duo jumping into the swimming pool from a first floor balcony.

Asked about claims that Bono and Edge had been gunning for him, Tennant told music magazine Q: "I'd read things in the press.

"Anyway, we met Bono at Elton's and he was a bit funny at the beginning but he was really friendly. It all ended with a competition. He kept saying, 'It's rock versus pop.' At the end of the meal he jumped into Elton's swimming pool from the terrace and to his evident surprise I jumped in as well. So he said, 'OK. Rock one -- Pop one.' It ended as a draw -- quite rightly so."

The Pet Shop Boys cover version, which reached No. 4 in the U.K. charts, became a favourite at gay clubs around the world after its release in 1991.

As well singing himself, Tennant added dance beats, synthesiser riffs and even mixed in bits of the Frankie Valli classic, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You."

Tennant said he did not set out to upset Bono, but thought the song would benefit from some "loosening up."

He added: "In our live concerts, 'Streets' was meant to be totally the opposite of anything U2 would ever be -- lots of dancers and me in a pink satin suit."

Rock vs pop? Can't you just HEAR him saying that?
rolleyes.gif

Love you, Bono.
smile.gif

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by daisybean:
This looks like a good occasion for.

malibu.bmp

Malibu Bono

tongue.gif

There are no words...............

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

ha! this reminds me of....

"i want to be free, like willy!"

laura: willy? where?!?
everyone: SHUT UP FREAK!!!

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Ohhh HUBBa, HUBBA, HUBBA! **Bono**...I want to go to cool places with you!! Oh thank you for all those cool pool pics of Bono! What?! Wet n' wild pics of **BON_O** on a pool.what feud? WHO Cares! AWWW, just gimme **BONO*! Whew...I need a COLD shower now!

Back
Top Bottom