Bono in Court Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbird

War Child
Oh don't we look handsome all clean and shiny for court...

bono171006_228x289.jpg

rainincourt2.jpg

rainincourt.jpg

story here: Bono in Court

Last edited:
doesn't he look thrilled to be on his way to court again? :slant: not.
i bet he's hating every minute of it. but as always the gentleman, he's at least nice enough to point out that she did a good job as a stylist. Shows how much integrity he has. hopefully this will get over quickly. LC has gotten more than enough media attention out of this by now.

hope all goes well for him, what a pain in the butt when he should be spending time with family and stuff before they hit the road in the next couple of weeks.

I'd be smiling too if I was near that lady officer. She is smokin! :drool: :giggle: Bono doesn't look so shabby either. :wink:

He's doing the ARM THING in the first pic...it looks like he's doing it to hold his jacket closed. Obviously it's the normal person thing to do, but it's cool that he's holding the umbrella for the lady! What other huge rock stars do that? They keep adding to the list of "Reasons to Love U2".

Russty Cat said:
I'd be smiling too if I was near that lady officer. She is smokin! :drool: :giggle:

Is it coz I'm a woman but I just don't see how you can say that?!? She's has skinny as a rake, and that uniform she's wearing is totally unflattering and covering up what little figure she may have and you can't even see her hair or face coz it's covered with that cap which looks way too big for her head!! :eyebrow: I guess it takes all sorts.... :shrug:

You're right about Bono looking good thou'! Love a man in a well cut suit!! Now if he could just loose the tie and unbutton the shirt....:silent: :evil:

hcbiggs2002 said:

Is it coz I'm a woman but I just don't see how you can say that?!? She's has skinny as a rake, and that uniform she's wearing is totally unflattering and covering up what little figure she may have and you can't even see her hair or face coz it's covered with that cap which looks way too big for her head!! :eyebrow: I guess it takes all sorts.... :shrug:

Yikes! Well, you can't really see much of her face or anything, but I think the officer has a cute smile. I don't think she's "skinny as a rake" either. :shrug:

More importantly...Bono looks very nice! Cool umbrella too!

When bono was smilling i bet he thought " stupid bitch , this one's in the bag "

If bono wore suits live how would you all feel ?

I'm just really sad that whatever happened in the past between U2, their management and Lola Cashman has devolved into this type of public tarshing of each other's truth.

It may or may not help Lola, but I don't see what public relations victory U2 gets even if the court sides with them.

Sometimes the best way to gain a "victory" is to simply walk away from a fight.

I wished for U2's integrity and Bono's personal sake that this could all just stop.

I don't think the Stetson and trousers or even a immediate court victory is necessarily in U2's long term public image interest.

Sad to say this, but true.

Hugs and prayers for U2. :angel: :hug:

Sorry, i meant to type "public trashing"

public tarshing made no sense :wink:

vaz02 said:
When bono was smilling i bet he thought " stupid bitch , this one's in the bag "

If bono wore suits live how would you all feel ?

:lmao:
Bono looks great -- love to see him with a suit & tie, but I don't think that would be the case during a concert.
I want the leather thing!

Jamila said:
I'm just really sad that whatever happened in the past between U2, their management and Lola Cashman has devolved into this type of public tarshing of each other's truth.

It may or may not help Lola, but I don't see what public relations victory U2 gets even if the court sides with them.

I wished for U2's integrity and Bono's personal sake that this could all just stop.

I don't think the Stetson and trousers or even a immediate court victory is necessarily in U2's long term public image interest.

Sorry, but no...the only ones who care are the relatively few fans on the internet--the rest of the world could care less!

And in a couple of years, it will just be a footnote to a footnote(except to the occasional Bono basher with no life.:wink: )

One thing I think that needs to be made clear here is that it was, and still is, Ms Cashman who set the ball rolling with legal proceedings in the High Court of London, claiming the legal communiques that U2's lawyers sent to her, after finding out she was auctioning off the items to the highest bidder, asking her to send their stuff back, were defamatory. U2 never wanted to go to court over this, they just wanted their personal possessions back!! :grumpy:

Jamila said:

I agree, however you can't just "walk away" from a lawsuit. You're required to appear in court. Also, there's obviously much more to this than the media is aware of. After Cashman filed the original suit against U2, they filed a defamation counter-suit against her. The value of the items the focuses on is so marginal I doubt this case would have ever been heard in this type of court. Millionaires just don't go into civil court over only a few thousand dollars. I'll give both sides the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Here's the latest, from today's court appearance:

Bono concludes evidence in High Court memorabilia case

11:34 Wednesday October 18th 2006

Bono has told the High Court that he probably should have "called the cops" when a former stylist refused to return a case of goods to the band in 1992.
The U2 frontman has finished giving evidence at an appeal taken by Lola Cashman, who worked as the band's stylist during their 1987 Joshua Tree tour.

She is trying to reverse the court order that she must return memorabilia to the band.

Bono has told the court that U2 didn't take it seriously enough in 1992 when Ms Cashman refused to give back a trunk of items, including a video recorder and numerous videos of the band's concerts.

However, he said it should have been an early warning sign that there was more to come.

He said they finally resorted to legal action when the band were accused of lies and defamation by their former stylist.

Ms Cashman claims the band gave her a number of items including Bono's Stetston hat and Larry Mullen's Converse runners, which she later tried to auction off at Christies as gifts.

Bono said it was bizarre, unheard-of and in Monty Python territory that someone who worked for them would ask for or take items as souvenirs.

thankyou said:
hopefully this will get over quickly. LC has gotten more than enough media attention out of this by now.

And her book sucks IMHO!! Yes, I shouldn't have been sucked into reading it but I admit, I did, and wish I hadn't. There was no substance to the book at all. This woman's 15 minutes of fame were up before they started. Get 'er good U2!!

she totally has juicy dirt on them... hmm, wonder what footage is on said video camera she has...can't say I'm not curious :sexywink:

right or wrong it won't hurt them in the end - I just like the music & pictures and really don't care who sues them

bonoleavingcourt.jpg

In Court Today - Oct 18th

Bono Quote of the Day: ‘I looked like Nana Mouskouri before stylist’ :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom