Bono in Chicago Next Week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kafrun said:
I was watching Oprah and they just had a commercial for Friday's show :hyper: It was mostly just flashes of images and words on the screen with a voiceover by the announcer. The best part was when they were taking certain words from the voiceover and flashing them on the screen to appear dramatic - and at one point it flashed "extraordinary" :lmao: Couldn't be more fitting :giggle:

I caught that too.. announcer also said something about "a Launch so exciting Oprah had to leave the studio during the show" and the high rise buildings turned red.
went by really quick..
Oprah is on at 4pm (cst)

U2isthebest said:

PLEASE...not orange. Bono, honey,....:tsk:..NO!!!! God Bless!!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2
I have to agree with you there. I'm starting the "Orange" campaign. Specifically the ANTI-Orange campagin :p

^ lol, I'll start passing the petition around ASAP :wink:

So Oprah.com updated their description of the Friday show:
"Get 'red-y!' It's something so huge, it took Oprah, Bono and a convertible to make it happen! Plus Alicia Keys, Penelope Cruz, and Kanye West are in on it! An extraordinary launch! An exclusive, one-time only performance! Chicago goes 'red' today and this is just the beginning!"

:hyper: Ngggh! Is it Friday yet?! :hyper:

I can't frickin' wait!! I'm going to go insane now! Hmm...performance??? Bono's going to sing likely w/Alicia Keys, but please not Kanye:tsk: I love his music, but it will NOT mesh well. And besides w/his ego, there won't be any room for Bono or Alicia (she really needs to release a new album too!) God Bless!!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

:scream: Can somebody please record this on dvd and put it on youtube? I hate it that I can't watch it!!!!

:shh: My vote goes for blue!!!

I will be at work. :(

So does this mean that we are finally getting all the Red products here in the US (phone and AmEx card??)

Quick update for those of you actually in Chicago: I think filming might be two days now with actual show segment filming and airing Friday. Hard to confirm but that's the rumour I'm hearing.

Red AmEx launch date for US is still TBD, I believe. Guessing phone will be available some time next year but could be sooner.

kafrun said:
I was watching Oprah and they just had a commercial for Friday's show :hyper: It was mostly just flashes of images and words on the screen with a voiceover by the announcer. The best part was when they were taking certain words from the voiceover and flashing them on the screen to appear dramatic - and at one point it flashed "extraordinary" :lmao: Couldn't be more fitting :giggle:

:giggle: Every time I see or hear the word 'extraordinary' I crack up. This from Oprah's site:
Get “red”-y! It’s something so huge, it took Oprah, Bono, and a convertible to make it happen! Plus, Penelope Cruz and Kanye West are in on it! An extraordinary launch! An exclusive, one-time only performance! Chicago goes “red” today and this is just the beginning!

I'm sure he'll wear his red shades to promote RED.

And GG, it can't be posted on youtube, darling. If it is I'm sure it'll be taken down promptly - that's usually the case I've seen with copyrighted material. If I could figure out how to take it from my DVD I'd do it - I tried doing it when they played Monday Night Football but couldn't and got really frustrated over it. (I finalized the disc but it wouldn't play that particular recording. Other things on the disc would play, but not U2. :sad: ) That said, I'll be happy to finally see Bono on Oprah - I messed up the day last time so I never saw the episode. I even rented Oprah's DVD collection to catch it but it was just a couple of minutes of the interview, not the entire thing. :mad: But yeah, he was nervous as all heck, I don't doubt he puked before the show.

When is the AmEx RED coming to the US??!?!!?? :hyper:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

:giggle: Every time I see or hear the word 'extraordinary' I crack up. This from Oprah's site:

I'm sure he'll wear his red shades to promote RED.

And GG, it can't be posted on youtube, darling. If it is I'm sure it'll be taken down promptly - that's usually the case I've seen with copyrighted material. If I could figure out how to take it from my DVD I'd do it - I tried doing it when they played Monday Night Football but couldn't and got really frustrated over it. (I finalized the disc but it wouldn't play that particular recording. Other things on the disc would play, but not U2. :sad: ) That said, I'll be happy to finally see Bono on Oprah - I messed up the day last time so I never saw the episode. I even rented Oprah's DVD collection to catch it but it was just a couple of minutes of the interview, not the entire thing. :mad: But yeah, he was nervous as all heck, I don't doubt he puked before the show.

When is the AmEx RED coming to the US??!?!!?? :hyper:

:flirt: PM for you coming up!

I can't stand Oprah. But I am glad Bono is doing such a big interview again, and for this great cause. I hope someone will be able to upload it somehow, because I cannot watch it where I live. There will surely be some photos. I so loved his interview back in 2002. I am sure he will wear his red glasses this time.

bonocomet said:
I will be at work. :(

So does this mean that we are finally getting all the Red products here in the US (phone and AmEx card??)

The glasses have been here for a while and after friday the rest should be too. I'd like the red phone too!!!

according to the email I just received from KCA (Keep A Child Alive):

KCA is back on the Oprah show THIS FRIDAY! We are showing Alicia's experiences on her Pilgrimage to our sites - so you will see in moving footage of some of the people we have been telling you about for ages. The show airs on Oct 13th, Friday- please get all your friends and family to watch!!! Perhaps you could create a viewing party? The show is half Bono, half Alicia. Not bad, huh? The two most hardworking Ambassadors for Africa on one show!

Just a little tidbit FYI...

Last time Bono was in Chicago to tape for Oprah, the Rolling Stones were also in town to play a show. They played at a small venue called the Aragon Ballroom and Bono actually got up on stage to sing a tune w/ them. He also happened to stay at the same hotel as them. Well the Stones just played a gig in Chicago tonight, October 11th. And Bono will be in town tomorrow to tape the show. Just thought that was an interesting bit of coincidence.

posted this over in PLEBA too:

just got this email:

Dear Lila,

Keep A Child Alive on Oprah!!!!

KCA Global Ambassador Alicia Keys will be on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" tomorrow-Friday, talking about KCA! Please, show your support and tune in.

Grammy-Winning artist, actress, philanthropist and humanitarian Alicia Keys will tell Oprah about her trip to Africa in April. She will be sharing pictures and videos from her trips to KCA clinics and programs. This trip changed Alicia's life. Tune in and it will change yours as well. See the faces of the children who benefit from your kindness, the doctors who work tirelessly to deliver medicine to the destitute ill and the communities struggling to cope with the devastation of AIDS. Learn how KCA is addressing these problems fueled by your kindness and generosity.

In addition, Alicia Keys and Bono will duet their beautiful rendition of, "Don't Give Up (Africa)". This song is a message to all the people in Africa who are waiting for life-saving ARVs, who have watched a daughter or father or uncle or sister die of AIDS, who are grandmothers raising orphaned grandchildren, who are dying alone in their homes. Alicia and Bono will pour their heart into this song. Show your support for these two humanitarians and the people infected and affected by AIDS in Africa by purchasing this song on Friday at www.keepachildalive.org.

100% of the money from the song will benefit Keep a Child Alive.

The Oprah Winfrey Show. Friday October 13, 2006 (Check local listings for airtimes)

A Brazilian news site has just posted this:
407485-1580-in.jpg

I don't know if it has been posted already or not (or if this is the right thread) but I thought you ladies would like it. B is looking very cool with that jacket! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom