Bono in Chicago Next Week!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last time Bono was on Oprah, back on '02 i think, we waited outside the studios. When he arrived he just went straight in. Afterwards, as he was leaving, Bono got out of the car and waved and said something like he had to go meet someone for lunch so he couldn't stay and meet & greet with the fans.

Luckily though, we knew where he was staying that night and got a chance to meet him in the hotel lobby. Good times!

That's when I was in college though so I had all the time in the world. I'm a working man now, so don't think I'll be able to do it again. Good luck to anyone who tries though!

Oprah's site just updated to show next week's shows. Here's their description of Friday's show:

"10/13/06 Bono's Red Campaign
It's a worldwide, life-changing event that is starting right here! Big stars, big surprises.. are you "red"-y? The world will change and you can be a part of it!"

:hyper:

I hope he doesn't throw up again, poor thing :( :giggle:

kafrun said:
Oprah's site just updated to show next week's shows. Here's their description of Friday's show:

It's a worldwide, life-changing event that is starting right here! Big stars, big surprises.. are you "red"-y? The world will change and you can be a part of it!"

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

kafrun said:

He threw up on Oprah, or before the show?

The red campaign officially begins on the 14th of Oct. I'm sure if Oprah recommends buying "red" products people will run out and purchase them which would be awsome for the cause.

JCOSTER said:

He threw up on Oprah, or before the show?

The red campaign officially begins on the 14th of Oct. I'm sure if Oprah recommends buying "red" products people will run out and purchase them which would be awsome for the cause.

Before the show :laugh:

OMG...I know he said that he gets nervous and does get sick, but I didn't think it was that bad...He really is human. Its hard to believe that someone who performs like he does would have butterflies. :ohmy:

:hmm: I'm still not sure if he really threw up before the show... I mean, it was Bono after all who said it... and we all know he likes to exaggarate things... :rolleyes:

:wink: doesn't take away from the fact it was amusing as hell!

bratty_cat said:
Just heard that Bono will be on the Oprah show next Friday the 13th (show tapes 10/12)!!!

Yep!

Subject: [atu2] *BONO ON OPRAH
To: atu2 list <atu2@yahoogroups.com>

BONO ON OPRAH
October 07, 2006
posted by: LP

According to Oprah.com, Bono will be making an appearance on the show
this Friday, October 13th. He will be discussing the Red campaign with
Oprah, and how you can be a part of "a world-wide life-changing evet."
Check local listings.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did, actually throw up. I mean, he's rather high octane; probably works hiomseld into a state before a show.

Galeongirl said:
:hmm: I'm still not sure if he really threw up before the show... I mean, it was Bono after all who said it... and we all know he likes to exaggarate things... :rolleyes:

I dunno, he seemed a lot more nervous on that show than most interviews.

What time is Oprah on?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I dunno, he seemed a lot more nervous on that show than most interviews.

What time is Oprah on?

Hey Liv! Congrats on the wedding btw. You looked beautiful:wave:. I live in K-Zoo as you know, and it's on at 4 here. However, I know it's on some places in MI at 5. You'd probably have to double check with your cable company or something of the sort. I would definitely say 4 or 5 though. God Bless!!

Currently Listening: U2 B Sides/U2
"Everlasting Love" (LOVE this version)

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

This is from Oprah's website.

bonoscreenshot.jpg

I was watching Oprah and they just had a commercial for Friday's show :hyper: It was mostly just flashes of images and words on the screen with a voiceover by the announcer. The best part was when they were taking certain words from the voiceover and flashing them on the screen to appear dramatic - and at one point it flashed "extraordinary" :lmao: Couldn't be more fitting :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom