Bono In Bloomberg Markets Magazine March 07 Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diane L

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Freaked out in a Moonage Daydream, oh yeah!
Okay, girls & guys, here's another magazine to spend our money on...the March 2007 Bloomberg Markets magazine has an 8-page article on Our Man, The Band and their business ventures. The pictures are good, including a full-page color portrait of the B-Man...I'd say THIS is a magazine that's well-worth buying! I would imagine Barnes & Noble & Borders carry it...it's $4.95. I'll probably pick up a copy when I'm in NYC this Thursday.

is the article bashing them?

just curious, because bloomberg news online just ran a very anti-U2 piece ...

cg said:
is the article bashing them?

just curious, because bloomberg news online just ran a very anti-U2 piece ...

I don't know...I haven't really read it. It didn't seem to put them down from what I could see...but I know that someone has been bashing them. A co-worker today was very critical of their decision to base some of their business in the Netherlands for tax purposes, and told me she had heard about that on the radio. Maybe it was Bloomberg News, I don't know.

I DO know that this article does have great color pictures, and quite a detailed look at their business ventures.

I wouldn't recommend bying this just because of the photos.
There has been a lot of frenzy about this particular article in several forums.
It's bashing Bono and U2 big time and brings up a lot of stuff that is either simply not true or very poorly researched.
I think no one should contribute to the endless ongoing of this crap by bying the magazine.
Personally I am so tired of people always trying to bring up negative things about Bono and having their noses all up his life and business.

yeah...lets take a stand and boycott the mag :giggle: bc i'm sure all of us subscribe to it ;)

no but really, i'm tired of seeing these articles with the same theme. i know we discuss a lot of it in the forums (interference and otherwise), but i'm curious...has anybody written a letter to the editor? i haven't...but i'm very tempted.

I would probably print out the article above and NOT buy this magazine.

Although some of the facts that are in the article are undoubtedly correct, they do seem to be skewed in the article not to paint a complete picture of Bono and U2's business interests.

Thanks for letting us know about it, though. ;)

digsy said:
found this on atu2.com about the article - nicely done and made me giggle occasionally!
some good comments by readers as well.

http://www.atu2blog.com/2007/01/26/reading-between-the-lines-of-the-latest-hatchet-job-on-bono/
I didn't bother reading the original article, but I read that and it's fantastic :up:

And as for the article itself, here's the photo from it, so none of us have to even bother with it:

bononicechinnj7.jpg

Rich humanitatian chin :drool:

Evil people. Attracting us fans with pictures like this :drool: and then force us to read a crappy article.
Thanx a lot for the picture!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I didn't bother reading the original article, but I read that and it's fantastic :up:

And as for the article itself, here's the photo from it, so none of us have to even bother with it:

bononicechinnj7.jpg

Rich humanitatian chin :drool:

Holy mother of delectable chins!!! :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom