Bono in Berlin plus New article by Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
Good morning,

it's grey and rainy here :madspit: , but there are some good news regarding our man:

Bono will be in Berlin on Sunday, March 25, to receive a special "Echo"-award for his political activism. The "Echo" is an award by the German record industry. Bono will be in attendance at the Sunday ceremony in Berlin.

Plus, Bono has written a new article for several European newspapers including TIME magazin, the Corriere della Sera (Italy), Sueddeutsche Zeitung (Germany) and Le Monde (France). The article is called "A time for miracles" and was written by Bono for the 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome, which established the beginnings of what we know today as the European Union. In the article, Bono is reaching out to European nations to help Africa.

You can read this article in the online edition of TIME Europe magazine:
http://www.time.com/time/ magazine/ article/0, 9171,1601932, 00.html

German fans should watch out for Bono these months. Since Germany has the European Union's presidency and hosts the G8 summit in June, the man will probably be around a few times.

I hope he stays in Berlin, gets together with the others at Hansa and completes the rest of the new album there.

Mirjam said:
I am about 90 km from Berlin now!:ohmy:
Yeah, I think I would go, too, if only I had known earlier and didn't have so much work this weekend. Hope we'll see some photos and maybe a video of his appearance.

I'm planning on going to the exhibition center tomorrow.
Just have to find out which time it is.
I don't think I will stumble upon him here anywhere.

One question, at the Berlin concert in 2005 he said, "I'm sorry that for living in Berlin my German is so shit", but I couldn't find, using Google, that he should've a flat here.

Does someone know more?
I'm also going to take the ride to the G8 summit in June. I hoped our equivalent of the One campaign would do something there, and I've even heard something was planned, but I couldn't find anything on their website.

Vincent Vega said:
I'm planning on going to the exhibition center tomorrow.
Just have to find out which time it is.
I don't think I will stumble upon him here anywhere.

One question, at the Berlin concert in 2005 he said, "I'm sorry that for living in Berlin my German is so shit", but I couldn't find, using Google, that he should've a flat here.

Does someone know more?
I'm also going to take the ride to the G8 summit in June. I hoped our equivalent of the One campaign would do something there, and I've even heard something was planned, but I couldn't find anything on their website.
I think Bono refered to the time in spent in Berlin during the Achtung Baby sessions. They actually had an appartmente in the city.
I don't know when the ceremony is going to start, but you can look at the official Echo website, they also have quite a long article there about Bono.
If you are going I wish you all the best and luck!!!
BTW, I think that "Deine Stimme gegen Armut" has something planned for the G8 summit, I guess Bono will refer to it tomorrow night when he accepts his award, he's also said to meet with German anti-poverty activists.
I just have to find out when or where the ECHO thing is shown on TV, I wish I could go there in person.

Ah, I think I will go there tomorrow afternoon to be there in time :)

Mirjam, if you go, tell me :)

Thanks last unicorn, Deine Stimme gegen Armut said they planned something, but their website only says that there is something going on in Köln/Cologne.

Vincent Vega said:
Ah, I think I will go there tomorrow afternoon to be there in time :)

Mirjam, if you go, tell me :)

Thanks last unicorn, Deine Stimme gegen Armut said they planned something, but their website only says that there is something going on in Köln/Cologne.

I think that first today in the late evening I will be sure if I can come or not... If I can, I catch a train tomorrow morning and I am in Berlin about 11:30 am :)

Yeah, a pity that the wristband isn't out, yet. Otherwise I could've presented Bono with a "I'm a friend of SeaSide Radio" band :)
But I will tell him about it and make sure he receives the best wishes from the Pleba Gals :)

last unicorn said:
Good morning,

it's grey and rainy here :madspit: , but there are some good news regarding our man:

Bono will be in Berlin on Sunday, March 25, to receive a special "Echo"-award for his political activism. The "Echo" is an award by the German record industry. Bono will be in attendance at the Sunday ceremony in Berlin.

Plus, Bono has written a new article for several European newspapers including TIME magazin, the Corriere della Sera (Italy), Sueddeutsche Zeitung (Germany) and Le Monde (France). The article is called "A time for miracles" and was written by Bono for the 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome, which established the beginnings of what we know today as the European Union. In the article, Bono is reaching out to European nations to help Africa.

You can read this article in the online edition of TIME Europe magazine:
http://www.time.com/time/ magazine/ article/0, 9171,1601932, 00.html

I got an 'Page not found' error message! :( Do you know the exact edition of Time this essay appears in? I need to know so that, just in case the edition in question isn't yet available, I can reserve the issue at my local newsagents. :eyebrow:

Looking forward to hearing reports and seeing photos of Bono's appearances!! :hyper:

In the US it's in the Apr 2, 2007 issue, (last page, page 70) but I know our issues differ from Europe because we never got an article you mentioned once in your one of your editions of Time.

I can scan this one if anyone is interested when I get home from work tonight.

To all, who are going to Berlin tomorrow: Good luck! Hope you see/ meet Bono. Unfortunately I live on the "wrong" side of Germany ;) - can't make it tomorrow. I'll have to watch the Echo on TV.

last unicorn said:
Sorry, here's the link again:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1601932,00.html
I will look for the magazine next week. I read all the versions of Bono's article in today's online editions of the papers it was written for.

Thanks! :up: Stirring stuff as always!! :hmm:

And thanks Bonocomet for the info about the magazine! :hug: I'll keep me eyes peeled for the edition!! :wink:

so does Bono have a trophy room in his house? where the hell does he keep all these plaques and awards?

For anyone who can't use the links (or in case Time moves the essay)

bonoessaytime4-2-2007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom