Bono in Africa.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone for posting these beautiful pictures, they are very inspirational as well. Its nice to see that Bono can find some humor and lighten things up a bit in not so nice circumstances.

I don't think she meant anything by it. My African friends commonly refer to themselves as "native Tanzanian", "native Kenyan", etc. They ARE native to that country. If she didn't know the exact term for a person of that country, then "native" is an appropriate substitute. I don't think she meant to specifically mock people of Le Sotho. If the hats (or whatever they are) are not used by natives of Le Sotho, then we stand corrected.

^Thank you Liesje, that is exactly what I meant, They are native to their country and I didnt think it was disrespectful in any way, And it is TRUE I didnt know the exact term for them in that country....
But all's well that ends well ;):up:

it IS a FUNNY pic though :)

u2jesusgirl said:

Hearts 4 Africa....It started as a myspace last year, but I couldn't accommodate all the info on there, especially the way I wanted to present it, so I created the website. If you check out the website at all, leave a note in the guest book for me :)

http://hearts4africa.webs.com/
http://www.myspace.com/extremepoverty

Thanks girl! Sounds awesome; I'll be sure to check it out.

Blessings for this project :heart:

Any pics of him in Tanzania? He was there last summer too and the year before... and both times I was there and he visited Arusha which is over 500 miles away from where I live, the loser :madwife:

Babydoll said:
Any pics of him in Tanzania? He was there last summer too and the year before... and both times I was there and he visited Arusha which is over 500 miles away from where I live, the loser :madwife:

Hi Babydoll. These were from the TED conference...

0d8472e5.jpg

6fcaea52.jpg

Back
Top Bottom