Bono hugging the flag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GypsyHeartgirl

POP for GIRLS
Here is my pic of Bono hugging the flag in Atlanta. I was standing next to the guy whose flag he took. I think it came out cool because of the weird lights.
332%3A%3A98%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232374%3B38697nu0mrj

Everyone please post your flag pics too!

Oh WOW GHG, I've wanted a thread like this for a while but just haven't had time to start it. We post a lot of pics of his outer beauty (though too much is never enough
wink.gif
); these are great pic of his inner beauty. ::swoon::

Can I ask what you all think of reviewers, etc, who say the gesture is canned and insincere? I remember reading that...

Okay, okay, back to my essay....

SD

Hey, when i went to the St.Louis show a few weeks ago Bono picked a flag up from somebody in the audience and he slow danced with the flag for the rest of the song! I need to go find some pics of this...**frantically goes to the web address box nd types www.google.com...oh c'mon load faster LOAD FASTER!!!!**

Now- is he sincere? I think he is. If he weren't he wouldn't even bother. If he hated America and all it stands for he would not even make a gesture with the flag. Sure it may have become part of the 'act' but so what? When he bent down and took the guy's flag, when he hugged it, and when he bent back down, glowing with light and handed it back, it was AWESOME! His face looked so sad and sympathetic and emotional. He was right up in the guy's face, and mine too since I was next to him! The guy extended his hand and Bono took it and held it and shook it! I wish I had stuck my hand out too! After he made another lap, he put his hands together as in prayer, bowed in front of the guy and mouthed 'thank you!' The guy yelled out "Thank you Bono!" It was an incredible moment, I don't care what anyone who knocks this gesture says.

ok, that was the 5 millionth time i've tried to post a pic...can somebody please tell me how to post one?? before i go insane and start ripping keys of people's keyboards lol

Bono's Babe- you have to right click on the pic, then click properties,then copy and paste the URL addy here with the tags around it. Good luck. PS- Geocites and tripod will not post here.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

...Does Bono wear clothing underneath his flag....? I mean...is it like the Scottish and their kilts, or....? heheh

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
Here is my pic of Bono hugging the flag in Atlanta. I was standing next to the guy whose flag he took. I think it came out cool because of the weird lights.
332%3A%3A98%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232374%3B38697nu0mrj

Everyone please post your flag pics too!

*Sigh* I love this guy. He's too awesome for words.

I love all those flag-hugging pics, so sweet!
Here's one I took at LA 11/12, even though it came out a little dark-
Bono%20with%20flag%20LA.jpg

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
332%3A%3B38723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E9%3A3%3E4%3A8%3EWSNRCG%3D3232374%3B38696nu0mrj

I have to add this one of him when he first took off his shades- *WOW*

Forget him taking off the sunglasses ... it looks like we have another elevation sighting in the pantal region.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Here's mine from Atlanta... as y'all can probably tell I was standing about 6 feet from Gypsy at the time.
smile.gif

bono%20w%20flag.jpg

biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

mad.gif
ELEVATED WAS HE??!!
mad.gif

For SHAME Bono!
frown.gif

You who were there must know that he took off his shades at the end of UTEOTW, and that DURING UTEOTW he had problems with a certain floozie who refused to detach herself from him until she was drug upon the stage, her tube top drooping low. Because of this, the bullfight did not happen which sucked. I HATE HER!! Crzy didn't you say it happened near you and he was mad? GGGRRR, so now to see he is elevated and to know it was because of that uh, person, makes me furious!

I have to tell you all, being jealous of a flag is a new experience for me.

Wow Bono....

::melt::

SD

PS-- com'on Verdanda, it's cause he saw you.
biggrin.gif

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Beautiful pics! I believe he is very sincere and hugging the flag was a cute and darling thing to do. If fans didn't hold one up he wouldn't be able to put it in the act. I think once people knew he held the flag the first time, they started bringing them and he didn't let them down. It was a nice thing to do. I love it!

------------------
~Just as you find me, always I will be, a little bit too free, with myself~

Not only must I wear my camo hat at all times as a signal to Tony....but I must wear a flag to be cuddled. *sigh*

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom