Bono Halloween Costume

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Still_Running44

The Fly
Hey guys I have decided I am going to be Bono for halloween but idk if I am going to be the fly or mr. mcphisto. I was just wondering if yiu guys had any suggestions or any costume ideas? Thanks for your help!!!

:ohmy:

are you sure???
are you mindful of what it means to look as bono??
I mean, have you taken a look to the last leather day thread and thought of what a woman is able to do in front of him? :evil:

;) really, good idea...but be careful. I'm afraid if it comes out too good you won't be dressed for long...:sexywink:

I was Bono last year...

required: spray on black hair dye, ridiculous fly shades, leather jacket, black jeans.

once in costume, I walked around with a smirk on my face, spewing little sound bites to anyone that spoke to me ("this is not about charity, it's justice," "we can be the generation to end extreme poverty," etc)

I was a hit :wink:

Dorian Gray said:
I was Bono last year...

required: spray on black hair dye, ridiculous fly shades, leather jacket, black jeans.

once in costume, I walked around with a smirk on my face, spewing little sound bites to anyone that spoke to me ("this is not about charity, it's justice," "we can be the generation to end extreme poverty," etc)

I was a hit :wink:

Did anyone *hit* you??? :huh:

I was Bono once. I wore the black leatherish pants, black shoes with THICK soles, a black leather jacket with the red star (this was Elevation era), some Elevation Bono shades, the rosary necklace, and died my hair black. It was pretty sweet. My friend went as Edge (she wore the slim studded jeans, a red 7 shirt, put all her hair up in a black beanie cap, and we penciled in some facial hair).

Where did you find the suit, abelives? :wink: I try every year to find a Macphisto costume, but I can never find anything gold lame (sp?). I think I will commission my sister (who is a pretty amazing seamstress) tomake one for next year.

Have fun being the sexyist devil ever! :wave: :drool:

l_863f2ec712ad455e0d6a3c60760d2e3c.jpg

l_fc29760cbfdf90b69f47db447ab24b7d.jpg

l_15d04764dda27ca30fc58fbef9eb9dae.jpg

I only dressed up to go trick-or-tricking with my kids. I was "hit on" by several women in several different locations. They each stared at me, wide-eyed with huge smiles and told me "You look amaaaaazing."

Everyone loves Macphisto. :mac:

Rosebud said:
Where did you find the suit, abelives? :wink: I try every year to find a Macphisto costume, but I can never find anything gold lame (sp?). I think I will commission my sister (who is a pretty amazing seamstress) tomake one for next year.

Have fun being the sexyist devil ever! :wave: :drool:

I started out making the costume, but because of pattern problems and time-constraints, I employed my mother to help me finish it. My mother is an awesome seamstress as well.

I dropped off the partially-finished jacket and the pattern for th pants with the material when I picked up my kids. She called me up the next day and said, "You're either going to be Bono, Elton John, or Elvis." :eeklaugh:

gman said:

That actually is the very bed macphisto would have...spooky

It's funny. I went to my aunt's house to show her the kids' costumes and she wanted to show me her newly-redone bedroom. I walked in and thought, "This is Macphisto's Lair!!" and HAD to have pictures done there, stat.

abelives said:
l_863f2ec712ad455e0d6a3c60760d2e3c.jpg

l_fc29760cbfdf90b69f47db447ab24b7d.jpg

l_15d04764dda27ca30fc58fbef9eb9dae.jpg

I only dressed up to go trick-or-tricking with my kids. I was "hit on" by several women in several different locations. They each stared at me, wide-eyed with huge smiles and told me "You look amaaaaazing."

Everyone loves Macphisto. :mac:
:ohmy: You look incredible!

I especially love that last picture! You're totally invoking the devil there :up:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:ohmy: You look incredible!

I especially love that last picture! You're totally invoking the devil there :up:

Thank you!

I really did NOT want to take it off. I changed clothes when I got home and left the horns and make-up on for several hours more. The most narcissistic I have EVER been!! :giggle:

Oh, and the cig? TOTAL prop. Yoinked it from my cousin for the picture. :)

bonocomet said:
Great costume!!! You look fantastic, that's hilarious about the women! :giggle:

Thank you!

This isn't the first time I have dressed as a man for Halloween (in fact, it happens more often than not :shifty: ) but this is the first time women have hit on me!! Oh, Macphisto!! How trying it must be to be you!

Back
Top Bottom