Bono Goes to College: PLEBA HW Assignment #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
Lol that would be a good movie.

ANYWAY

for one of my college application essays I have to write about someone with integrity. I want to write about Bono! My mommy thinks I'm obsessed. But I think I could pull it off. I seriously cannot really think of anyone I know where I can anything more than "_____ has integrity, and that's good! I love God, too. Did I mention my GPA? Integrity is good. Thank you." Not even.

ANYWAY does anyone know where I can find the speech he gave at Harvard or anything else that shows his INTEGRITY

------------------
~*Mona*~ Shamrock n' roller
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1195&Key=Harvard&Year=&Cat=

This is a link to a transcript of the Harvard speech. Good luck on your essay, although I think the essay you put in your post is good! (LOL)

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

I am rebelling against the idea that the world is the way the world is and there's not a damned thing I can do about it. So I'm trying to do some damned thing.

Do you think the college ppl would be vibed out if I used that? The swearing and all? Lol Catholic high school is so cleeeeaan no four letter words allowed. Except for "Bono"

------------------

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

for another application I get to write about what work of art, lierature, or music has inspired me or something like that. I don't know which one to choose! Maybe an album as a whole....*Prufrockian moment*

------------------

I think I'd avoid too much rock and roll. Bono for integrity is fine, but I think I'd choose a more traditional book or work of art for the inspiration piece. Read a newer non-fiction book with a subject that matters to you (no, not U2 at the End of the World!), and write about that as an inspiration. To stay with a theme, maybe a book about the U. N. or Kofi Annan, or even debt relief. About the swearing, I'd leave it in. That's who Bono is; to take it out would dilute the message. Plus, it's fun to swear and get away with it!

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Originally posted by martha:
I think I'd avoid too much rock and roll. Bono for integrity is fine, but I think I'd choose a more traditional book or work of art for the inspiration piece. Read a newer non-fiction book with a subject that matters to you (no, not U2 at the End of the World!), and write about that as an inspiration. To stay with a theme, maybe a book about the U. N. or Kofi Annan, or even debt relief. About the swearing, I'd leave it in. That's who Bono is; to take it out would dilute the message. Plus, it's fun to swear and get away with it!

lol, martha! *get away with swearin* I'll think about this some more. I wasn't too sure about the inspirational piece thing, I still need to think about that one.

but I know that I will do Bono for the integrity thing.

------------------

lol I can envision Gina Marie cropping my quotes and printing out

"I KNOW THAT I WILL DO BONO"

on flyers (decorated with LarryButtons, of course) and distributing them across the world in a magical plane.

Curse you, Gina!
biggrin.gif
I should watch what I say

------------------

I'm so excited! It's bed time!!!!!
biggrin.gif
SLEEEEEEEP

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n' rolla

good luck. that's a good topic. all of my colleges essays have been boring "why do you want to go to college" sort of shit.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Originally posted by WildHonee:
My mommy thinks I'm obsessed.

*clears throat* You are! *cough cough*

biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

RSOC's Sparky Shrine

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
What could have given her that idea?
AZZANGEL.gif

*looks at Bono watch* It's 707 am! My internet is working finally! I need to leave for school at 720

*finishes eating BonoFlakes in my BonoCerealBowl*

*puts bowl and BonoSpoon in sink*

*unscrews Bono toothpaste top, spreads it on Bono toothbrush*

*rinses with water out of a Bono cup*

*does hair with BonoBrush*

*ties Bonoshoes*

*gets into carpool ginormous minivan thing and talks about Bono*

Hey! GET THAT CAMERA OUTTA HERE! *runs*

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n' rolla

Back
Top Bottom