Bono did the shoppin' and cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's wife Ali Hewson commented for the first time on living with the world's biggest rock star and it turns out he's human after all...

She admitted the hardest issue for Bono is doing the weekly shopping as he always gets mobbed.

Speaking to the Irish press recently Ali, who is campaigning against Sellafield Nuclear Plant in the UK said, "he can't cook or clean. Although when we first moved in he used to do all the cooking. He used to make this thing with pork. But, when I gave up meat he didn't cook any more."

She went on, "every time he went to the supermarket he got mobbed. So, he can't even find his way around the supermarket these days."

Ali also intimated that when she first met the megastar the couple were in secondary school but she never wanted to be "one of Bono's girls."

Thankfully for Bono she gave in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe he'd try to do that himself! Don't he got go-fers to do that stuff? Of course he got mobbed. I'd mob him too!

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

Awww. That's so cute.
smile.gif

I didn't know Ali was a vegetarian. I wonder if she ate meat when she was pregnant.

Anyway, Ali rocks my socks.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Oh, and welcome to the board, Possum Queen.
smile.gif
That's kind of a long name, so I'll call you Queen (unless you'd perfer your real name, which you'd have to tell us.)

------------------

Love,
Emily

It's hard to imagine him pushing his little cart around LOL! If I was rich I'd still want to pick out stuff for myself. Other people get the wrong brand, flavor, etc. and since he has to pinch pennies he must find the best sales LOL
wink.gif

I guess he gave up cooking because he didn't like veggie meals. Maybe he went on strike or something. I wonder, do they have family sit-down meals or does everyone just fend for themselves? Now I know why he goes out to pubs so much- he wants himself a good steak!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

Originally posted by mad1:
Madonnas Child, you've been down in Bonos pants a looooooooooooooong time now.....arent u suffocating????

wink.gif

biggrin.gif
How strange of you to say that, Maddie. I was just looking at my "location" in another thread and thinking it's time to change it.

Any clever suggestions, girls? (It doesn't have to be dirty.
biggrin.gif
)

Just go with what you feel, I'm sure it'll be cute.

<--------just be glad you're not where I'm from (Back to the Future II reference but unfortunately true.)

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-24-2002).]

Ok, this only applies to like two other people, but I couldn't resist:

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
and since he has to pinch pennies he must find the best sales LOL
wink.gif

BWAHAHAHAHA, (Laura, Ellen, say it w/ me now...) *FRUGAL*

If he has shopping issues, he should really have Elevation Air drop him off here, and we could show him how its done, ghetto-Meijer style!

BWAHAHAHAHA

------------------
"Take for a while
your trumpet from your lips

Loosen your hold,
loosen your grip

On your old ways that have
fallen out of step
with the change in time

Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag."
-- Birds Without Wings, David Gray

Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic:

If he has shopping issues, he should really have Elevation Air drop him off here, and we could show him how its done, ghetto-Meijer style!

BWAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHA!
*falls of chair laughing*
Ok, I just scared the crap out of my dad 'cause I burst out laughing... I think he's calling the mental ward now...

Stop one on the Grand Rapids tour: ghetto-Meijer!
icon37.gif

*giggle* Bono's frugal.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

*FRUGAL*

Twin just relayed this story to me.

Shakespeare made up the word frugal. Good times.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

<----This is a new, interim location. I know it's not as PLEBAish as the old one.
biggrin.gif
But, I'm graduating from high school in a month, so I've really been thinking about the themes of ATYCLB and how they suddenly apply to my life. You know, leaving behind what you've grown out of and heading to the next place. Right now, I'm ready to leave high school and prepare for college, so I'm kind of in my own little "airport" getting ready to move on. I thought it was fitting for the time being.

------------------

Love,
Emily

damn. double post.

I miss Bono's pants already...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by madonna's child (edited 04-24-2002).]

Mmmmm meat by Bono

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono

Get on the Boos

"I was waiting over here for life to begin,
I was looking for the new thing
and you were the sunshine heading my front line,
I was alone you were just around the corner from me." ~Pete Yorn

BWAHAHAHAHA

I though LARRY was the cheapskate?
confused.gif

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I though LARRY was the cheapskate?
confused.gif

I read that in some book too. And that Bono is actually the big spender of the band...
*hums that "Hey, Big Spender" song*

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
I read that in some book too. And that Bono is actually the big spender of the band...
*hums that "Hey, Big Spender" song*

I read Larry was so tight he wouldn't even treat his old friends to dinner. Bono takes care of his old mates. I don't think Guggi would be an artist or Gavin would have been successful without Bono's support. I know they may have been talented, but so are millions of other people who never catch a break- like having a millionaire for a buddy
wink.gif
What I mean is, the world is full of 'artists' and 'singers' working regular jobs because they never got a break, and cannot leave their 'day job' they need to pay the bills long enough to pursue their dreams. I think Bono's support gave Gavin and Guggi the freedom to do that.

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 04-24-2002).]

That's what I heard, Larry is the tight one. So he won't buy his buddies dinner, but he will buy an empty house just to keep someone else from moving in?
confused.gif
If I had the money, I would too, but I'd buy my friends dinner too, and give them money if they needed it for something important.

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-25-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom