Bono did not walk Christy Turlington down the aisle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabby

Refugee
We heard so much about this and now it didn't happen? :shrug: I'm reading this all over the place. Can anybody confirm or refute this?

the June 23 issue of "US" magazine had a two-page article, with the following snippet:

"The entire wedding was just as sweet and simple. 'It wasn't a
typical celebrity union,' one guest tells US. 'It was very family-
oriented, very low-key.' Indeed, at seven o'clock prompt, Turlington walked down the aisle alone to the strains of a live opera Aria. 'She told me that her dad [Dwain, who died of lung cancer in 1997] was the only one who could give her away,' a guest tells US."

wasn't her "just" her best man?
best man just have the rings in store.. don't they.. or do I confuse something

I just realized I have in fact no idea about weddings and stuff... :hides:

On ET and Access Hollywood they mentioned him as a wedding guest but not part of the wedding party.

FYI a best man is chosen by the groom and is usually his dad or brother or best friend. The girl chooses the maid of honor and bridesmaids.

This week's People magazine stated that Christy was walked down the isle by her good friend Bono. They also had a small picture of Bono and Ali.

dipster said:
This week's People magazine stated that Christy was walked down the isle by her good friend Bono. They also had a small picture of Bono and Ali.

Yeah I saw that. For some reason, I've always believed 'People' a lot more over all the other magazines. It's a good picture of Bono and Ali too. It looks like they're coming out of the church. It's up close.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom