Bono Designed a TShirt!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just found this thread :hyper: I think I may have to get one. I had been meaning to pick up the Bruce one too, although I don't think they sell it in the ladies fit anymore.

ETA: fyi, I just found the women's Bruce shirt and they've marked it down to $9.99 in their sale section!

Last edited:
More pics of the 2 Tshirts

I got one of each today at HRC Barcelona. You can find pics at U2eastlink.com.

They come with a card that shows Bono and its autograph.

Regards

Popbcn

Re: More pics of the 2 Tshirts

popbcn said:
I got one of each today at HRC Barcelona. You can find pics at U2eastlink.com.

They come with a card that shows Bono and its autograph.

Regards

Popbcn

I bought my husband the black one in Barcelona too at HRC on Tuesday on our visit from the UK. They still had plenty of the Music Rising ones too which have been sold out in Manchester for months!

I like to buy one too. I'm comfused What size I would be because big makes i take xsmall . I like to know from a small and xsmall how many cms it is .

Can someone tell me what the Music Rising shirt looks like, because I don't see it on the HRC website. Is it the same one Edge is wearing? Thanks.

yes it's Edge's tshirt... :)

and for the sizing, they seem big... I usually take a large cause I like my tshirts loose, but this tshirt I got in medium... the guy at the counter said he was wearing large himself so I wouldn't need one, I tried it on and he was right :D

Thanks GG for the info. I remember that I bought all my HRC shirts in different cities in medium, because large was too large for me.

I just ordered two of these tees from the Hard Rock Cafe website - one black, one white.

I really can't wait to get them and wear some of Bono's artwork.
Very cool.... :yes:

Here is an article about this initiative from the WCS website:

http://www.wcs.org/353624/wcs_conservationcotton

WCS Teams Up with Bono
©Julie Larsen Maher

Organic, fair-trade cotton from Africa is making its way onto the backs of U2 fans across the world, thanks to a new partnership between Hard Rock International and the ethical T-shirt company edun LIVE. Founded by U2 frontman Bono and his wife Ali Hewson, edun contributes proceeds from the sale of its 100% African cotton tees to the Conservation Cotton Initiative (CCI), a program run by the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS). CCI helps lift African farmers out of poverty by providing education on proper land management, organic cotton growing techniques, and wildlife conservation.

The new edun LIVE T-shirt, featuring an image by Bono, is part of Hard Rock International’s Signature Series. Begun in 1990, this philanthropic endeavor partners with world-renowned musicians and bands, who donate imaginative designs for reproduction onto T-shirts benefiting their charity of choice. Bono’s shirt is the 25th in the series, which has also included Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, and Shakira. Together, the group has helped raise millions of dollars for a number of charitable causes worldwide, such as Crossroads Centre Antigua, World Hunger Year, and Amnesty International.

In 2007, Edun and WCS established CCI to improve the livelihoods of communities in Africa by investing in organic, fairly-traded “conservation cotton.” The program promotes development of eco-friendly cotton farming around high biodiversity areas in Uganda, Zambia, and Madagascar to create sustainable livelihoods, enhance economic development, and improve resource management. Under CCI, farmers enjoy the health and economic benefits that come from eliminating the use of inorganic pesticides and fertilizer and capture price premiums from market demand for organics. At the same time, they effectively reduce the destruction of Africa’s unique wildlife and biodiversity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta Love Bono :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

last unicorn said:
Can someone tell me what the Music Rising shirt looks like, because I don't see it on the HRC website. Is it the same one Edge is wearing? Thanks.

However, the Music Rising shirts at HRC weren't as nice as the ones ordered from u2.com...

There is a difference in the Quality unless they changed it from the last time I saw the Music Rising shirt in a HRC.

I have an Edun Music Rising shirt and the ones I saw at HRC were horrible in comparison

Bono's Doll said:
Got mine today--Glad I ordered Medium-does seem to run large. It's gorgeous & nice photo of our man attached. :yes:

Yeah, I received my today also. Was pleasantly surprised with the tag. :drool:

I want to really own one problem The shipping is too expensice $84 just to ship it:ohmy:

So I guess I try ebay or when i get to Qld Australia to buy one. :(

I'm dissapointed now dam shipping prices :(

I got mine today ... thanks to someone very nice on this board ... :flirt:

I love it! It's very nice, very comfy, soft, and medium fits perfectly, the sizes are quite large.

This is funny...I think the shirts run small compared to any other Edun shirts I have bought. I might even have to return the white one I bought for a larger size...The black one is fine tho. It is definately not your typical Edun One tshirt. The cotton is a little different to me. Must be what they use for Edun Live. ("Oh Ali, lets talk cotton again"...)

I'm wearing my black one today :):)
This is a scan of both sides of the tag that comes with the shirt!!

2008-01-08-1746-20.jpg

I lost my credit card. Waiting for my new one and then the tshirt and tag are mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone that received theirs- would the medium white one fit a short person of 5'2", and about size 6 ?

thanks much.

I want to ask you a question about sizes...

I have an INSPI(RED) t-shirt in an L size and it fits me ok... I want to know in which size should I buy the Music Rising t-shirt....

Thanks in advance... :wink: :kiss:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom