Bono car chase, the news add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Remember the photo of Bono with the traffic cone? Long ago I promised to take a photo of the headline in the newspaper the day after with Bono on the cover. I took my time but here it is.
smile.gif
This is not the actual paper but the poster they print to show outside the stores what's in the paper.

3334533523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3232%3E28%3A%3E%3B57%3E232328%3A%3C4855%3Botb4%3A2gi1lsi

And here's some other posters that was up all over the city by the time of their show here.

3334533523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3232%3E28%3A%3E%3B57%3E232328%3A%3C486%3C3otb4%3A2gi1lsi

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

I love that story!!! Thanks so much *wishing first pic came out a little clearer*

29413034iNcgStbkaU_ph.jpg

The story for all you Newbies
tongue.gif

August 3, 1997

"Later on a classic U2 moment occurred when Bono and a few other folks went out for the evening. The band had been pestered by a couple of paparazzi photographers all day, so for the evening?s outing we went by car to avoid any further hassle - after all, the gig was yesterday, so theoretically the fuss should have died down to some extent. Anyhow, our paparazzi friends were not to be deterred and jumped into their car to follow. The result was of course a car chase through the streets of Gothenburg, which got increasingly out of hand. Coming down a side street, Bono spotted a pile of red traffic cones by the side of the road. Without a word he pulled the car over and signaled everyone to assemble a road-block with them as the paparazzi car appeared around the corner. Mayhem ensued, with people running all over the place wielding traffic cones and the photographers taking aim as best they could. Then the fatal blow. As the photographers got out of their car to get a closer view, Howie B. circled round, ran past their car and in one graceful motion swooped in and stole the car keys. Everyone jumped back into our vehicle and sped off, leaving the photographers gutted to find their steed disabled. I can still hear Howie laughing now."

August 4, 1997

"This morning?s headline in the Gothenburg daily paper was by a picture of the two photographers from last night and said (in Swedish) "Can we have our car keys back?". Actually, we?d already left the stolen keys at the reception of the hotel (where they knew we were staying), so they?d eventually find them. Besides which they did get a couple of classic snapshots of Bono wrestling with these giant red traffic cones, so they had got some kind of result. It was all very funny, but all the same it was probably a good time to leave town."

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

LMAO!!!

I've never heard of that before!!!! That was so funny!

*has an urge to play with traffic cones*
biggrin.gif

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Heh they're doing constructon at our school, and there are all these CONES around, and Julie and I go nuts when we see them. We want to take our pics with them!! *celebrity cones*

------------------
~*Mona*~ LOVE me, give me SOUL

I got lost in the Netherlands!!

You can dream,
But you can never go back the way you came

Back
Top Bottom