bono beards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooperson

Refugee
here are some pics of bono's beards. i am sorry i just don't like them all that much, but here you go.
02.jpg

ewww:no:
A_de31_020.jpg

actually he looks hot there.
new37.jpg

new30.jpg

I personally have always liked his Pop look so I don't mind the beard during the Pop years.

I like facial hair if it's clean and groomed otherwise it's got to go. I like it when guys change their look like that, even if it's just for a bit.

i love pop bono also. i guess your right i like when the guys change it up a bit. i just don't like b-man's new look

i like the beard. pop bono is the only time i've ever thought "hey, bono's kinda hot!"

Yes :scream:

This is the closest thing I found on google to what I'm talking about

lenin.jpg

There was one in my history book one year of Lenin and it was a photo and a profile like that and it's just exactly the image of that pic of Bono! Same tight expression on his face, bald head, pointy beard, it's spooky. Also if you ever see the movie Nicholas and Alexandra it has a pic like that when Lenin takes over. I can't believe that's Bono. He looks so scary and mean. Waahhh! :scream:

See my avatar, that's another beard pic if anybody has it bigger.

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

funny...two edge-freaks like the beard...as i remember EDGE has a beard...heheh

think that's got somehting to do with it?

YOU THOUGHT BONO LOOKED LIKE LENIN?!?!?!?!

wow...i never would have thought that....there is some brand of tea that has a guy on the box who looks like lenin though...

i'll try to find it with google...i'll show you, this scary teabox dude looks more like lenin than pop bono...hehehe

IWasBored said:

funny...two edge-freaks like the beard...as i remember EDGE has a beard...heheh

think that's got somehting to do with it?

probably! I guess I'm just into bald headed (or shaved head) bearded guys....:ohmy:

Sweepie said:
That's weird because that was the only time I thought, hey Bono's NOT hot! :shrug: I like him better with longer prettier hair.

i have major issues with the mullet/long hair U2 look for both Bono and Edge. ......Long story about how I didn't like U2 because of their JT look when I was 13 and that album was everywhere....:reject:

that's also a really bad picture of lenin...not that he wasn't always rather ugly...but that one's particularly bad

arw9797 said:

i have major issues with the mullet/long hair U2 look for both Bono and Edge. ......Long story about how I didn't like U2 because of their JT look when I was 13 and that album was everywhere....:reject:

which is why you don't like homelessguyinthedesertedge, right?

still loooking for that tea box...i can't remember the brand name thouhg...it starts with an S and the box is red. it's got the company founder or someone down in the corner and he looks like lenin...

I really like country boy JT Edge and Bono. I wish I could remember when that album was everywhere. I was only 1 ! :scream: I just really got into them in 2001 and looking back at all the pics I really like the JT era best.

Last edited:
Sweepie, that picture that you posted, the one that you have in your avatar...I can just hear my sister going, "Ewwwwww!!!!!" right now.

That one's okay-that's a lot of hair...

I like that last one of him and Ali together-he doesn't look bad there.

zooperson said:

Actually, that one's okay...I don't mind that one.

Originally posted by zooperson
actually he looks hot there.
new37.jpg

Frick, yeah, he does...

I'd probably say the best example of Bono with a beard, the one I really like, is when you see him in the "Staring At The Sun" video...especially at the part where he goes, "Referee won't blow the whistle" and he's doing the little twirly thing with his fingers...he looks really good there.

I don't hate seeing Bono with a beard. Like I said, it depends on how the rest of him looks against it...the hairdo he has and the outfit he's wearing and everything...if it's done just right he can look really good with beards.

Angela

Ooh, now the Staring at the Sun video I don't like! He looks SO OLD in that, his face looks cracked! I also don't like his hair being shaved off. I only like his 80's beards, after he got older he didn't look good with facial hair I don't think. But the new beard is not so bad.

I'm with you Sweepie - the SATS video is perhaps my least-favourite Bono look because of that 'cracked'-ness. Unfortunately, I can't just not watch it, because all the others look so hot in it, and Edge is doing his minor deity bit, and Adam - Adam! - mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So instead I try to squint whenever I-Haven't-Slept-Eaten-Or-Showered-In-A-Week Bono comes on.

Hmm . . . kind of the way I'd squint if I were staring at the sun. There's a thought. Maybe the sketchy B. was intentional, then.

But seriously, to quote Adam in the interview from last year (the part where Jo Whiley asked why they'd used Larry in the ES video) , 'Bono was looking a bit rough.'

Kristie said:
not to um... offend any SATS haters... but...
satsm%60cap397.jpg

gah. Thank you! I love him in that video.

Actually, I really like all Bono incarnations! I can never think of a time when I thought, Ew. PopBono is at the top of the list this week. It changes with day and mood. :lol:

zooperson said:

Um, not to be a butt, but maybe he was supposed to look like Lenin?
I mean, it was the Pop era, so maybe it was supposed to be ironic and satirical...and I believe the photographer (Anja Grabert) was working with Anton Corbijn at the time, and I think it would be safe to describe Anton as a fan of satire.
:shrug: Just my overly-analytical 2 cents. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom