Bono - [b]the[/b] man (serious)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
Hmmm... just been watching the Bostonshow on TV and some thoughts hit me.

That man, Bono, is just something _very_ special. I've been drawn closer and closer to that man the last couple of months.

When I sat there watching the show on TV, seeing it for the first time from the "outside" and with alot of focus on him it got even more clear. His whole precense is magic, the way he walks, they way he plays with his too long sleeves, the way he moves his feet while standing, The way he wraps his arms around himself when getting emotional, the way he just carries people away by looking at them and if you get a smile, you can just fall down and die cause you don't need anything else.

The humbleness he has, he's gentle, caring, he shows respect... And not to speak of his voice. That voice can give me everything between a great laugh, shivers, tear up my eyes, bytterflies in my stomache, connection and the truth. He has something worth saying for every situation in my life, not only that, in everyones life, what's going on.

This is my thoughts, after just have been brought back to the front row at a U2 show with the man right in front of me, at 2.30am, by a concert shown on TV. This is some things why I'm a Bonolover. Hope it made some sense, as mentioned, it's late and to get the right words in a language that's not your best isn't easy when you try to be serious. Oki, I'll end it here, with a pic that just is magic, to me.

cH33627.jpg

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Wow. I am in total agreement. Very well said!
I couldn't have said it better.

I wish I could watch the Boston show also, but I just have to be patient.

That picture is beautiful! He's such a wonderful man... *sigh*

Thanks for mentioning them sleeves of his!!!
smile.gif
I love them.

Bono should have his own TV show and just sit there and look pretty....am I the only one who wishes for that? lol

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
Thanks for mentioning them sleeves of his!!!
smile.gif
I love them.

Bono should have his own TV show and just sit there and look pretty....am I the only one who wishes for that? lol

I love the sleeves as well...
smile.gif

Tv shows sound like a perfect idea and he would get great viewersnumbers.... I would load my apartment with TV's and have them all on. So only from me he would get at least 50 "viewers".
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
I love the sleeves as well...
smile.gif

Tv shows sound like a perfect idea and he would get great viewersnumbers.... I would load my apartment with TV's and have them all on. So only from me he would get at least 50 "viewers".
biggrin.gif

lol at your *delusions of being Elvis*

I suppose he COULD also tug on his sleeves and ran his fingers through his hair every now and then....lol we need a script for the Bono Show

------------------
~*Mona*~

"There are groups at the top of the charts that are hailed as the saviors of rock 'n' roll...but they are amateurs. They don't know where the music comes from." ~Bob Dylan~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by WildHonee:

I suppose he COULD also tug on his sleeves and ran his fingers through his hair every now and then....lol we need a script for the Bono Show

It would be a very cheap production, just a chair and maybe two cameras. The script only has to be written once, recyclable for every show.
biggrin.gif

Oki, I tried to create a serious thread about my love for Bono and here you come and mess it all up honee. Start a new thread about Bono - the TV show, and we can kep going there.
smile.gif

------------------

I agree with you completely, Bono is a truly special individual. He does have this magic about him that mesmerizes all those fortunate enough to be in his presence. He is all the things you previously mentioned, caring, humble, selfless, outspoken among many others.
He touches me in many different levels too, that is one of the things I love about him best.

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in....She's gonna dream out loud.."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

Wow, MissZ...you said it. I could talk volumes about the wonderfulness that is Bono...it's almost too much! Starting with his force of personality - could there BE anyone more PERFECT for being U2's lead singer???
smile.gif
Plus his childhood background, his spirituality and the fact that he's so open and vocal about it...his sense of humor, fun, and wackiness; the fact he's the consummate showman and loves the spotlight; he's also a great philanthropist, very giving, gentle, sweet, and kind...and he's GORGEOUS to boot, has the perfect rock-n-roll hair, and that JAWLINE, OMG! *gulp* I could write poetry for that jawline...I swear I don't think I've ever seen him take a bad picture--or any of them for that matter.
wink.gif

Oh and dont' even get me started on the fashions and the LEATHER...that would be a whole other thread!!!
biggrin.gif

So I'm in total agreement...Bono is completely an amazing person...a honest-to-God, true original!

disco

this may sound really freaky but did anyone feel blessed after touching him?
i read somewhere on the board that some lad came out of the show thinking they were bono, or something simuler, anyone else here this?

I feel blessed after touching him! I really did touch him, but I feel touched by him in many ways and have for years. The way he moves turns me on. The way he moved in the old days was so sexy and he's still got it.

Originally posted by Discoteque:
and that JAWLINE, OMG! *gulp* I could write poetry for that jawline...

hey!!!!! don't steal my obsession!!!!! If perfume...is obsession....lol you have to share!! *writes sonnet about snookering Bono's jaw*

------------------
~*Mona*~

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

Back
Top Bottom