Bono at Urbana in St. Louis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My friend who is at this huge christian event called Urbana said Bono was in the house but wasn't brought on stage due to security reasons. He preached to everyone and gave bible quotes and testimony on Africa/AIDS.

I don't think he was really there but my friend said there was a lot of security there.

Does anyone know?

absintheminded said:
Ahem...

http://www.urbana.org/wtoday.neighbor.cfm?article=10

That was Bono at the Breakfast Prayer!!

yeah that happened back in Feb. 2, 2006 in Washington DC. I think the person who created this thread is speaking about an event that happened recently. I read the article you linked but where in it is a mention of Bono at this Urbana event in St. Louis?

BrownEyedBoy said:
My friend who is at this huge christian event called Urbana said Bono was in the house but wasn't brought on stage due to security reasons. He preached to everyone and gave bible quotes and testimony on Africa/AIDS.

I don't think he was really there but my friend said there was a lot of security there.

Does anyone know?

What date was this? Since as far as I know he went to the races in Leopardstown dec. 27, so I doubtr he'd go all the way to America just before new year's...

It is quite possible that they showed vidoe footage of either the National Prayer Breakfast, the Willowcreek Leadership Summit interview or the prepared video that was shown at Christian Music Festivals several years back. I it is an event happening this weekend I doubt he is in physical attendance. There was increased security at the Leadership Conference this summer as well even though event publicity clearly listed Bono's appearance as by video. I've noticed that many event coordinators seem to be using rumor of Bono attendance as publicity stunts to promote their events and get extra free press coverage as any mention of Bono whatsoever gets coverage worldwide.

Dana

I thought so. This was about two or three days ago. They told the people there that Bono was in the house but they only showed video footage of him "for security reasons" which I told my friend was probably BS.

*writes angry letter to Bono*

Dear Bono,
Okay, I know that this was just a false alarm. But don't forget, you and I have an agreement. You're not to be within 200 miles of my city without giving me at least 48 hours notice. Next time somebody wants to pretend you're in St. Louis, be sure to give me a call and let me know what's really going on.
Love, Chass

:lol: Okay, I may need to get a life :tongue:

BrownEyedBoy said:
I thought so. This was about two or three days ago. They told the people there that Bono was in the house but they only showed video footage of him "for security reasons" which I told my friend was probably BS.

it's definately bullshit :)

Steve Haas, a vice president with World Vision, introduced a video that was sent to Urbana 06 by Bono, the rock star and advocate for victims of AIDS and poverty. “The biggest mistake is to think that we can’t do anything,” Bono said. “That’s what I like about Urbana. You’re about action. Let’s go to work for the least of these.”

Sounds like he may have made a special tape, but either way he was not there in person.

verte76 said:
It sounds like they were throwing his name around to get publicity. That sort of thing really pisses me off.

It IS amzing how quick rumors can spread when Bono's name is mentioned.

Which is one reason why we should always keep the speculation about ANY area of Bono's life to a minimum.:yes:

A person may say something relatively harmless about Bono and the next thing you know it's all over the fansites and in the media.

Whenever Bono has something that he thinks we should know about his life - he'll tell us. ;)

Until then, about the best thing that we can do with our time is look at the pictures in PLEBA. :combust:

It was likely a video. He's sent videos to numerous Christian events before. That's old news.

The whole security thing is what's crap here. I've never heard of high security at an event like this. Urbana's a cool event, from what I hear.

Back
Top Bottom