Bono at the Sundance Film Festival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biff said:

I haven't seen the video, but someone mentioned that the interviewer was Paula Yates. If that's the case, then here's the explanation: She used to appear as one of the hosts of a show called The Big Breakfast (produced by Geldof) in which the set was her bedroom, and she would interview people in her bed (clothed of course). It was on this show, and in that bed, that she first hooked up with Hutchense.

Thank you oh wise one! I was wondering that myself!
Makes sense!

I'm still having trouble looking at my kiwifruit the right way after reading all that...... :shifty: can see the resemblance though!!!

kif14691he.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OMG I can't stop laughing, that is so funny.
Now everytime I go to the grocery store I will never look at a kiwi the same.

I just may take a bite out of one while I am singing Lemon.

biff said:

I haven't seen the video, but someone mentioned that the interviewer was Paula Yates. If that's the case, then here's the explanation: She used to appear as one of the hosts of a show called The Big Breakfast (produced by Geldof) in which the set was her bedroom, and she would interview people in her bed (clothed of course). It was on this show, and in that bed, that she first hooked up with Hutchense.

Thank you...:bow: Now I do remember, I read it, saw it, heard it somewhere over the years and your explanation just rang a big bell.

:giggle: it came out a bit bigger than intended....almost life-size :drool:

They were a nice consistency too.....bit squishy.....

Jeannieco said:

Hahaha!! Bono skiing!! OMG, BONO just say no!! If he skies like he drives we are all in trouble.
:ohmy: :(

Spainisheyes68 I hope you see him there!
I take it no luck so far spotting him??

Just got back from my third night in Park City -- to no avail. :mad: That man seemed to be one step ahead of us the entire time. Anyway, he had dinner the other night at the restaurant owned by a friend of my friend's. They said he was so cool -- didn't have a big entourage, didn't make any special requests -- and sat down and chatted with the owner for 30 minutes. I sat at that same bar tonight and tried to soak in the Bono vibe. Anyway, as far as I can figure, if he's not on his way to Switzerland now, he will be soon.

Au Revoir Bono!

biff said:

I used to love Big Breakfast. The only thing though is I don't think it started until the 90s and wasn't that clip from the JT era? Paula was on The Tube then (was that where the clip was from?) but I don't think she did an interview from her bed slot on that :shrug: so I don't know what prompted Bono's you look lovely in bed comment!

spanisheyes68 said:

Just got back from my third night in Park City -- to no avail. :mad: That man seemed to be one step ahead of us the entire time. Anyway, he had dinner the other night at the restaurant owned by a friend of my friend's. They said he was so cool -- didn't have a big entourage, didn't make any special requests -- and sat down and chatted with the owner for 30 minutes. I sat at that same bar tonight and tried to soak in the Bono vibe. Anyway, as far as I can figure, if he's not on his way to Switzerland now, he will be soon.

Au Revoir Bono!

Very cool! He is so down to earth. I just love that....
And you got to soak in the Bono-vibe. It's all good! :)
Thanks for the report!

Greenlight said:

I used to love Big Breakfast. The only thing though is I don't think it started until the 90s and wasn't that clip from the JT era? Paula was on The Tube then (was that where the clip was from?) but I don't think she did an interview from her bed slot on that :shrug: so I don't know what prompted Bono's you look lovely in bed comment!

Judging from the clip, she was in a bed...and U2 were on a tv screen in her room. (They are in a separate room). Probably 2-way cameras or something.

biff said:
Does anyone have a link to this video, please? I'd love to see it. Thanks!

It's on page 23 of the Utube links thread No. 2 at the top of the PLEBA page if nobody posts a link!

(Someday I'll sit down and figure out this linkage thing...:reject: )

kimby said:

It's on page 23 of the Utube links thread No. 2 at the top of the PLEBA page if nobody posts a link!

(Someday I'll sit down and figure out this linkage thing...:reject: )

Thanks, I found it!

I wonder if the show was The Tube. Paula Yates was an interviewer on that show around that time, and was known even then for her flirtatiousness. I can't think what else it would have been.

I don't think that this has been posted yet:

http://blogs.sltrib.com/sundance/2007/01/u2s-bono-flies-below-radar.htm

Sundance Film Festival:
Coverage from the staff of The Salt Lake Tribune

Thursday, January 25, 2007
U2's Bono flies below the radar

Park City's Eccles Center had a surprise guest for Monday night's premiere of "Son of Rambow," a British film about a kid filmmaker inspired by the first "Rambo" movie: Rock star and world humanitarian Bono, who slipped in through a separate entrance shortly before the film started.

The U2 singer showed up without an entourage and killed time before the film hanging out in a back hallway, helping Sundance volunteers work on a jigsaw puzzle. To avoid causing a stir he snuck into the theater after the movie started, then slipped out at the end before the lights came up.

No wonder his presence in Park City went largely unnoticed by the media -- until now, that is.

-- Brandon Griggs

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I wonder if he went alone? I know it says he didn't have an "entourage", but I wonder if he was all alone. That's kind of cool that he can even go to a movie alone these days, even if he has to go to Utah to do it.
Keep your eye for shortish guys sneaking in the side doors of theaters, people, you never know where he'll turn up next, lol!:shifty:

one of my students went to Sundance. he was invited after winning awards for his vid about African orphans. He spoke nothing of Bono, but was excited to meet some other people...I think he mentioned Mandy Moore among others. I can't remember because I didn't care. :shrug: Oh well, next time!

don't worry, just because Bono isn't there doesn't mean nothing's getting done on the album. The other boys could be there working away without him.
Then again, they could all be on vacation for all I know, but I prefer to think they are working. :cool:

vanuysu2 said:
i cant stand Sundance and bono getting around. Arent they thinking about new album???
This has to be one of the most egoistical comments I have ever read.
You want to lock them in and force them to make music?
Come on, they've just ended a monster tour, give the guys a break.

bonocomet said:
oooh Bono likes puzzles too! Neat ! thanks Jamila :happy:

You're all very welcomed. :wink:

I thought that people would like that story.

Back
Top Bottom