Bono at the Four Seasons!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dismantled

Blue Crack Addict
Ok...heres my story!! YAY I finally get to post here!!!

OK! I am back...here's how it all went down. I am still in quite a daze from the whole experience

ok....we were walking around boston before the show and decided to check out the Four Season Hotel cause thats where they stay. So we went there and saw 4 black Mercede town car things and some black SUV's...we thought it was a good sign. So we stood on the opposite side of the street for about an hour...wondering if they were in there. We figurered it was about time for them to leave for sound check and stuff like that..about 2:00pm.

So next a couple of other fans come up to us and ask us if we are waiting for U2..we say yeah and then they say they think they are at the Ritz...I said I didn't think so.....then this other guy comes to stand with us he also thinks they are there.

SOooooooooooooo alot of activity starts happening at the 4 season..lots of drivers getting in cars people on phones everywhere so we cross the street and get closer....we wait another hour and then a friggin wedding party comes out..boooooooo so we were disappointed. So we wait some more and were about to give up and this guy comes up to us and says" you know...Bono is eating lunch and you can see him in the window!" I was like "HOLY CRAP..ARE YOU SERIOUS!" so we "casually" stroll by the window in the front....AND THERE HE WAS! right in the friggin window...I was soooooooo awe struck I couldn't do anything. So we stood off to the side about 20 feet away..so we didn't bother him or anything and occasionally watched to see what he was doing (he picked his teeth 3 times and his nose once) So it was me and my mom and bf there....then 2 girls came and one was a fan and her friend was not...the friend had way more guts then us and she ran up to the glass and politely tapped on it...which both horrified and excited us. Bono turned around and smiled and waved at her. So he ate some more and we waited.

Next he was getting ready to leave this same girl went back up to the glass..tapped again and Bono turned around...she pointed to US..Bono LOOKED STRAIGHT AT THE 3 OF US...we jumped up and down and were waving ..he laughed and waved at us....(we were like 20 feet from him) then he smiled at us and pointed towards the doors and told us to meet him there, it was so cool talking to him throughtthe glass...OMG!!!!!!!!!!! so we went to the doors and out he came......

I've been close to him before but I was inches..he is sooooooo beautiful and his eyes..omg..I didn't shake his hand or kiss him or anything cause friggen security kept a car between us and him...it sucked kinda but I cannot complain much the whole thing is a huge blur, even though I did managae to squeeze behind the car and get withen inches at one point, I had to smell him, and yes everyone..he smells like heaven..so then he signed something so for some people..he smiled at me..I think I mouthed the words "hi" not sure........and the rest is kinda a blur..he didin't stay long cause he was way late for the sound check at the fleet center.............

it was soooo cool communicating with him through the glass!!! my fav part!

then we went to the show and had an amazing time

It was TOOOOOOOOO COOOL!! You all need that moment!!!

Dis I'm so happy for you! How cool that you got to see him and have a personal moment without tons of people around! :D :dance:

Jules its not uncommon for there to be lots of rumors about different hotels floating around. Press people often float a few "hints" about to keep everyone guessing.

Thanks for noting how many times he picked his teeth and nose.:lol:

I'm so happy for you Dis!! That's totally awesome :hyper: :applaud:

hhhmmm Jules very strange indeed. I wonder if he just had a meeting at the other hotel or new someone else was staying there.

that's awesome, congrats to you! I think it's cool that you got to see him there even though that ended up not being where he was staying, to me that says it was definitely "meant to be" that you would meet him!

I love that you noted how many times he picked his teeth and nose, true Pleba style reporting, lol!!!

Dismantled said:

then 2 girls came and one was a fan and her friend was not...the friend had way more guts then us and she ran up to the glass and politely tapped on it...which both horrified and excited us. Bono turned around and smiled and waved at her. So he ate some more and we waited.

:shame:

As much as I live and breathe for that man even I wouldn't have bothered him while he was eating!

Did you happen to see what he was eating and who he was with? :giggle:

he was definitely staying at the Ritz- my friends and i waited there yesterday afternoon with about 50 other fans. bono came out around 4:30, was instantly mobbed, but i managed to get my photo with him signed. :cute:

as for the lunch story, i think it's great that you had a good time and that bono seemed to handle it well. but at the same time, i think it's really unfortunate that people feel the need to do things like tap on the glass while bono's eating lunch... waiting outside a hotel or a venue is one thing, since the band has the option to either ignore you or come over and sign autographs. but to actively disturb bono does not give him a choice in the matter- and he deserves some privacy.

i'm so sorry for the rant- i'm not criticizing you, as i know it wasn't you who tapped on the glass. also, it seems like bono didn't mind too much, so i guess no harm done.

congratulations on your sighting, and thanks for reporting it! :)

Dismantled said:
so we didn't bother him or anything and occasionally watched to see what he was doing (he picked his teeth 3 times and his nose once) So it was me and my mom and bf there....then 2 girls came and one was a fan and her friend was not...the friend had way more guts then us and she ran up to the glass and politely tapped on it...which both horrified and excited us. Bono turned around and smiled and waved at her. So he ate some more and we waited.

Naughty girl to tap on the glass!

Well done re: teeth and nose picking viewing.

:wink:

hey again....yeah I am not sure where they were actually staying but I think it was the Ritz and Bman was just having lunch there....I did hear they switched to the new Ritz at the last minute.

And I think I need to stress the fact that is was NOT me tapping on the window..I will repeat it was NOT me! I thought it was a bad idea too...me and this other girl were in no way invading his privacy...we were just standing back off to the side..watching him pick his teeth and nose:wink:

It was actually funny to watch other people walk by and notice him...they were like "BONO!" and then they acted like they didn't know what to do with themselves..they either came back and looked again to make sure or walked away with thier mouths open. Some got right up there and took his pic which was really uncool...but hey it was a shock and people do strange things like that. it was fun.

Also if Bman didn't want to be seen he wouldn't have sat right there in the bay window on display..the man looked like a pair of pumps at Neiman Marcus on display.............and I am not saying that tapping on the glass and stuff was right but he was loving it..you could tell:wink: and I would still NOT do such a thing.

it was just soooooo damn cool.....I had other stuff to report but I forgot:crazy: I am still high from it all...........:drool: :drool: :drool:

Dismantled said:
hey again....yeah I am not sure where they were actually staying but I think it was the Ritz and Bman was just having lunch there....I did hear they switched to the new Ritz at the last minute.

And I think I need to stress the fact that is was NOT me tapping on the window..I will repeat it was NOT me! I thought it was a bad idea too...me and this other girl were in no way invading his privacy...we were just standing back off to the side..watching him pick his teeth and nose:wink:

It was actually funny to watch other people walk by and notice him...they were like "BONO!" and then they acted like they didn't know what to do with themselves..they either came back and looked again to make sure or walked away with thier mouths open. Some got right up there and took his pic which was really uncool...but hey it was a shock and people do strange things like that. it was fun.

Also if Bman didn't want to be seen he wouldn't have sat right there in the bay window on display..the man looked like a pair of pumps at Neiman Marcus on display.............and I am not saying that tapping on the glass and stuff was right but he was loving it..you could tell:wink: and I would still NOT do such a thing.

it was just soooooo damn cool.....I had other stuff to report but I forgot:crazy: I am still high from it all...........:drool: :drool: :drool:

I'd like to try on those pumps .....:sexywink:

sorry if it seemed i was criticizing you, Dismantled! i know that you didn't do ANYTHING inappropriate. :hug: congratulations, again, on meeting bono!!! and thanks for reporting it back here- in such great detail. :wink: :applaud:

*Ally* said:
sorry if it seemed i was criticizing you, Dismantled! i know that you didn't do ANYTHING inappropriate. :hug: congratulations, again, on meeting bono!!! and thanks for reporting it back here- in such great detail. :wink: :applaud:

its ok:up: I just didnt' want everyone thinking that:hug:

He was eating lunch with a tall silver haired guy in a nice suit (no not adam) and two woman....one of them may have been Ali..not sure though..wasn't at a good angle too see. Not sure what he was eating either..but he was drinking tea:drool: wearing jeans..his green glasses, I believe a black/or purple? shirt..half unbuttoned:drool: and a black leather jacket he wears alot.

Also when he came out he stood next to me and was looking at a baby in a stroller next to me:cute: he asked what his name was and the mom said "Declan" B got a huge smile on his face and said "awwwww a good irish name".:hug:

Hey sorry if it sounded like I was telling you off Dismantled, but I definitely meant the other girl, and didn't you say she wasn't a fan either?? Shame on her!

What a great story Dismantled. I had a couple of good laughs at the teeth and nose-picking. :laugh: The poor guy!! What luck we have that Bono, fortunately, thrives on getting attention from his adoring fans. He seems to really enjoy the interaction. We're so lucky:yes: :yes: :yes:

blueeyedgirl said:
Hey sorry if it sounded like I was telling you off Dismantled, but I definitely meant the other girl, and didn't you say she wasn't a fan either?? Shame on her!

Oh no problem:wink: yeah shame on her:wink: but it did get his attention which in turn we got his attention and he was just loving it...big old grin and wave and talking to us through the glass...he was totally loving every minute:drool:

U2FloridaFan said:
What a great story Dismantled. I had a couple of good laughs at the teeth and nose-picking. :laugh: The poor guy!! What luck we have that Bono, fortunately, thrives on getting attention from his adoring fans. He seems to really enjoy the interaction. We're so lucky:yes: :yes: :yes:

thanks..I'm still flying pretty high from it:hyper: Yeah...the nose and teeth picking were frickin funny...its nice to see that yes he is a real guy..not all pretend and snobbish and uppity..yup he'll sit there and pick his teeth with the best of em..:lmao: I wonder how many people can say they have actually watched bman pick his nose:lmao: it wasn't like an all day thing...or really gross either..he didn't sit there with his finger up his nose all during dinner but it was pretty funny..not gross or anything:lmao:

acrobat_baby said:
Hi Dismantled, do you have any pictures of this blessed event? My friend was there too.

NO:madspit: grrr and that makes me so mad. We walked around boston most of the day and I was like..."I don't need my camera" and my boyfriend joked that I may run into bono..and I was like "pfft...yeah right" *smacks self in head

but thank god you knew someone else that was there...there were not many of us 10-15 maybe...I was starting to think people didn't believe me.

But you know what...I don't know if I would have taken a pic...what happened was perfect!:drool: But I wouldn't mind seeing peoples pics if they had some:wink:

pics comming soon everyone:hyper: this kind person who was also there took some and will send them too me soon:hyper: U2 fans are the best..we rock:rockon: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom