Bono at Davos Summit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:
:faint:
guh.... you are way too smart for me...
then why didn't he LEARN english? I am not english either, but I can speak it... and there are plenty of Italians who can speak english... being italian is not a good excuse!

How old is Georgio Armani? I dunno? In his 60s? 70s perhaps?How many Europeans at the same age do you think have learned English when they went to school? Not that many...

Maybe he knows some English, but just doesn't feel like he can express himself properly, when talking about this important subject...

Or maybe hes just really proud of being Italian... :shrug:

Thank god the African dude is wearing a different outfit this year. It will help to identify the pictures from this and last year cause Bono is wearing this jacket again! :lol:

:cute:

hm could be.. but it would be a little easier if he did you know...
also I wonder how much the shades are going to be... I fear they're going to be very expensive, as the shoes are already! I want the shades :D

ntalwar said:

I see Edge further conforming no new album soon in the interview:

"We haven't really got to the point where we're thinking seriously about the next record. "

:shrug:

They're still promoting this one, so I guess I am not too surprised. Anyway, totally off topic.

4dd16f74.jpg

9569ad57.jpg

681c6de3.jpg

5c32c2a1.jpg

kellyahern said:

RED SOCKS!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
ok now it's getting scary..... when we found out he wore Purple socks... I joked about Bono wearing red socks next time.... is he reading this????? :hmm:
also that first one.... babyblue eyes :drool:
he looks really cute in these pics... but stop that nail-biting thing there Bono!!!!!

I love the thumb bitting thing he does :cute: You can tell by his nails that he doesnt bite them, he chews on his thumb often though :love:

kellyahern said:

Is that a (RED)-logo on Bonos sunglasses?

So they come in both red and clear glass then? Or does the man have custom made (RED)-red sunglasses? :hmm:

Merc said:

So they come in both red and clear glass then? Or does the man have custom made (RED)-red sunglasses? :scratch:

Oh yeah it is! :D

Merc said:

So they come in both red and clear glass then? Or does the man have custom made (RED)-red sunglasses? :hmm:

heh ofcourse his are custom made :D
ooooh if they come not only in red but also in pink I want the pink ones :hyper: I love them... well with Bono ofcourse, no Idea how they'll look on me... but still... want them want them want them!:hyper:

I've recorded the short interview on ITN Evening News on ITV1 last night.

I will post it on U2torrents sometime over the weekend as an MPG2 file so that someone can add it to a compilation should they wish :)

I saw that too around 9.30 but my pc was "busy" doing other stuff. Waited to see if it was repeated before 10.30 but sadly not. And by then I had to go to bed because I have to get up at 5.30 for work :(

After looking though most of the photos (and watching the Red announcement video -- thanks!), it's obvious Bono is the only Davos attendee who doesn't need to wear any stinking badges.

But would it kill him to wear a suit and tie to one of these things? Just once? Pretty please, for little old jobob? :wink:

jobob said:

But would it kill him to wear a suit and tie to one of these things? Just once? Pretty please, for little old jobob? :wink:

Bono's unique individuality is part of his appeal, and a way to get himself noticed so he can speak out. He said he represents the common person, not politics. I think it's COOL he doesn't look like everybody else. I'd be sorry to see him cave in and conform to society's hangups about suits. I don't even like suits. Go Bono :up:

no pics, but here's a little story that mentions our hero:

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/business/global_economy

Diane L said:

Does this mean Bono will be in US Weekly and the Star and OK! magazine next week???? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

And this enquiring mind just has to know: DID ANYONE TELL JEN ABOUT THIS????

Diane, Bono's never in People anymore. I know. After mentioning Bono every time I picked up an issue at the store for most of 2005, People's editors never mention Bono since I started subscribing late last year. Send your hate mail to me. :(

And even if someone told Jen about Bradgelia and Bono hanging out together at Davos, Jen's too busy appearing on People Magazine's cover saying she's so over Brad. What-ever. Just get Bono's name and face back in there, and I'll be happy.

jobob said:

Diane, Bono's never in People anymore. I know. After mentioning Bono every time I picked up an issue at the store for most of 2005, People's editors never mention Bono since I started subscribing late last year. Send your hate mail to me. :(

And even if someone told Jen about Bradgelia and Bono hanging out together at Davos, Jen's too busy appearing on People Magazine's cover saying she's so over Brad. What-ever. Just get Bono's name and face back in there, and I'll be happy.

I know... they feature total losers on the cover (I'm not saying Jen Aniston is one, but most of the other people they feature) and they choose to ignore one of the most influential and sexiest men ever. :rant:

Back
Top Bottom