Bono at Barnes and Noble!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey! I wish all you guys got the chance to come yesterday! It was really special- I have to :bow: to all my fantastic U2 friends who called me immediately and let me know to book it down to B&N. I don't know how but somehow, between the rain and the Fleetline up and going home to shower and catching the subway and running in the rain, but somehow I made it to the line and was about the 40th person to see Bono! It was wonderful, a very very special gift to have him there and waiting and to be able to say a few words with him- I never care about autographs or even pictures, but I would do it all for those few moments to speak with him.

He looked fabulous, as you all can see, very healthy and happy. He made a few jokes before it started, over the loudspeaker, his irish brogue crackling through the store, his laughter lingering over our skin. Some of the girls from the African Well Fund were in line a bit ahead of us, and we got to see Bono speak with them, which was thrilllling. He recognized their tshirts, and said "hey how is that birthday thing going?" and we couldn't hear their response, but saw his ecstatic reaction, where he stood up and leaned forward and grabbed their hands and said "that's excellent!" and I guess he also said how that is so important what they are doing, and he kissed one of them on her hand, it was really very special! :heart:

The author Michka was also sooo adorable and Bono-smitten, he sounded like an awe-struck and awe-inspired fan around Bono, and it was obvious the book was written from a very healthy and caring place. I can't wait to read it!

Last edited:
oliveu2cm, what a nice experience!! :heart: u r so lucky!! :) I wish he would come to South America... I'm not even lucky enough to go to Europe!! :sad: :sad: :)

oliveu2cm said:
Hey! I wish all you guys got the chance to come yesterday! It was really special- I have to :bow: to all my fantastic U2 friends who called me immediately and let me know to book it down to B&N. I don't know how but somehow, between the rain and the Fleetline up and going home to shower and catching the subway and running in the rain, but somehow I made it to the line and was about the 40th person to see Bono! It was wonderful, a very very special gift to have him there and waiting and to be able to say a few words with him- I never care about autographs or even pictures, but I would do it all for those few moments to speak with him.

He looked fabulous, as you all can see, very healthy and happy. He made a few jokes before it started, over the loudspeaker, his irish brogue crackling through the store, his laughter lingering over our skin. Some of the girls from the African Well Fund were in line a bit ahead of us, and we got to see Bono speak with them, which was thrilllling. He recognized their tshirts, and said "hey how is that birthday thing going?" and we couldn't hear their response, but saw his ecstatic reaction, where he stood up and leaned forward and grabbed their hands and said "that's excellent!" and I guess he also said how that is so important what they are doing, and he kissed one of them on her hand, it was really very special! :heart:

The author Michka was also sooo adorable and Bono-smitten, he sounded like an awe-struck and awe-inspired fan around Bono, and it was obvious the book was written from a very healthy and caring place. I can't wait to read it!

Yay Carrie! :hyper: :hug: :up: I'm really happy for you :yes:

I wonder if you happened to ask him if he was the "Bono" who posted on takemehigher's message board :wink: :lol:

oliveu2cm said:

That's brilliant Carrie! Congrats! :hyper:

VicksSs said:
oliveu2cm, what a nice experience!! :heart: u r so lucky!! :) I wish he would come to South America... I'm not even lucky enough to go to Europe!! :sad: :sad: :)

Tell me about it! Last time I saw them live was in 1998 when they played in Argentina! :madspit:

Thank God I'm seeing them next Month in Dublin! :wink:

But I'm sure you'll get your chance to see them sooner or later! :hug:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Tell me about it! Last time I saw them live was in 1998 when they played in Argentina! :madspit:

Thank God I'm seeing them next Month in Dublin! :wink:

But I'm sure you'll get your chance to see them sooner or later! :hug:

GR8!!! thank u soo much!!! I'm from Buenos Aires 2, Bonos Aires, too hahahaha!! :wink: I hope I'l see him someday, and I hope u get to see him very very close again!! :happy: Good luck!! :wink:

I'm thinking Bono should take a tour of every Barnes & Noble that exists in this country. Who's with me on that one? That way he'd be bound to come somewhere near all of us at some point and time :D. And he could also stop at the various bookstores that those of you who live in other countries have, too.

Anywho, :hug: to sweetie-sorry to hear that about missing him. But look at it this way, at least you were in the same vicinity as him. I've never even been that lucky. Still, that sucks, and hopefully you'll get your chance again someday.

And a :hug: to Olive, too-great story there, you lucky girl! Yay for you :).

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Bono AND books...my two favorite things in the world in the same place! :drool:

:yes: :up:. Can't go wrong with that combination.

Angela

Last edited:
Fom U2eastlink

May25th2.jpg

Thnaks, Carrie, for your update on Bono's visit to B & N yesterday.

I really appreciate your synopsis of Bono's meeting with several representatives of the AWF.

In case anyone here doesn't know yet, this year's "Build a Well for Bono's Birthday" netted a total of OVER $26,000 this year! :applaud:

It was more than anyone involved in the AWF, Board member or volunteer, could have imagined. (I am a volunteer)

So I was really interested in getting some more details on Bono's reaction yesterday - and you provided it.

Thank you. :wink:

VicksSs said:

GR8!!! thank u soo much!!! I'm from Buenos Aires 2, Bonos Aires, too hahahaha!! :wink: I hope I'l see him someday, and I hope u get to see him very very close again!! :happy: Good luck!! :wink:

Finally another girl from Bs as! I was starting to feel kinda lonely! :lol:

:wink:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

Finally another girl from Bs as! I was starting to feel kinda lonely! :lol:

:wink:

:p hehe, yeah, there r not so much of us!!! But I know that over here there r U2 fans, so where r they hiding??? :eyebrow: Maybe not best frinds with technology!!! Hehehe :wink: :heart:

:reject: I'm such a loser. I was waiting in the cold windy rain to try to meet Bono outside FleetCenter on Tuesday. I didn't have web access so I didn't know where he was. :( But I'm so glad to know that others got the chance!

Who knew I'd leave rainy, miserable Boston to come home to a sunny 83 degree weather Seattle?

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
:reject: I'm such a loser. I was waiting in the cold windy rain to try to meet Bono outside FleetCenter on Tuesday. I didn't have web access so I didn't know where he was. :(

:( :hug:. Aw...

You're not a loser, by the way :).

Originally posted by Lemon Grrrrrl
Who knew I'd leave rainy, miserable Boston to come home to a sunny 83 degree weather Seattle?

LOL :p.

Angela

Some of Bono's most faithful and sincerest fans are the ones who have yet to have their moment with him or who have had quick little moments with him.

They are the ones who do not trail the man, but respect his time and his privacy.

Lemon Grrrrrl, I know your Bono moment still awaits you - just prepare your heart and your spirit for it. :up:

Back
Top Bottom