Bono as Dr. Roberts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marilyn Manson is a beautiful man :)

Also, I think this is a little bigger than the photo we had before:

acrosstheuniverse200709gj6.jpg

More photos from the movie here:

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/882/882989/imgs_1.html?RSSwhen2007-09-06_101500&RSSid=818207

No more of Bono though.

BonoFox1 said:

YW Mot!!!:hug:..
keeps fingers crossed that date doesnt change because I have that day off :)

Sweet!

:hug:

I've got my fingers crossed for ya, too! Hippie Bono on the big screen...I'm all manner of torn up just thinking about it! :)

:drool:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Marilyn Manson is a beautiful man :)

Also, I think this is a little bigger than the photo we had before:

acrosstheuniverse200709gj6.jpg

I've never seen Bono with a shirt tucked in....

Re: Re: Re: Across the Universe Premiere?

rihannsu said:

Across the Universe is in general release not film festival. The Daniel Lanois film with clips of U2 in Morocco is premiering at the Toronto Film Festival.

Dana

Well, ACTUALLY - both movies are premiering at the Toronto International Film Festival. I live here, and have seen the Festival schedule. Toronto is full of Bono connections at the moment: CONTROL movie, directed by Anton Corbijn premiered last night, Daniel Lanois movie is premiering tomorrow night, same night is ONE x ONE gala event taking place.... and Across The Universe is having a big gala premier on Monday night. My friends and I are going to both red carpet events... just in case "somebody" makes an appearance ;-)

That would be cool, if Bono appeared at the film festival. He was there two years ago when they showed the Leonard Cohen movie. Since there is so much Bono connected stuff going on plus a film featuring him, his appearance would make sense. I wish you luck!

And is this One X One event something connected to the ONE campaign?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Across the Universe Premiere?

BGD75 said:

Well, ACTUALLY - both movies are premiering at the Toronto International Film Festival. I live here, and have seen the Festival schedule. Toronto is full of Bono connections at the moment: CONTROL movie, directed by Anton Corbijn premiered last night, Daniel Lanois movie is premiering tomorrow night, same night is ONE x ONE gala event taking place.... and Across The Universe is having a big gala premier on Monday night. My friends and I are going to both red carpet events... just in case "somebody" makes an appearance ;-)

Oh, I didn't know that but I did know that it was being released mainstream.

Dana

last unicorn said:
That would be cool, if Bono appeared at the film festival. He was there two years ago when they showed the Leonard Cohen movie. Since there is so much Bono connected stuff going on plus a film featuring him, his appearance would make sense. I wish you luck!

And is this One X One event something connected to the ONE campaign?

It is and it isn't directly connected..... It was inspired by ONE, but it was started by Joelle Adler, who got inspired to start it after going to Africa with Jeffrey Sachs.... DATA is one of the Partners and one of many charities that are being sponsored with the money collected (they also sponsor: War Child, Right to Play, Free The Children, etc.). Gala always takes place this time of the year, partially because Film Festival is in town and lots of celebrities attend it. First event took place 2 years ago, and U2 were in town for Vertigo shows, and Bono went to the gala. Last year Jeffrey Sachs was the guest speaker, and the likes of Brad Pitt, Matt Damon showed up at the gala. This year Matt Damon is hosting....

Val said:
http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=12573

Clip 3 - 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' (8.22.07):
Flash Player

Clip 4 - 'Do It in the Road' (8.22.07):
Flash Playe

This one is amazing!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=C4YztnK2iKQ&mode=related&search=

I usually stay away from youtube because of my dialup,
but I checked out your link Val .

OMG , how hot is free love Bono singing " I Am The Walrus " with all that hand love going on .... I need a cold shower !!!:combust: :combust: :combust:

can't wait for this to come out on dvd .:drool:

Yes, he'll be on it, twice. this page lists all the songs in the movie, along with who sings them. This page lists the songs available on the soundtrack.

1. "All My Loving" - Jim Sturgess
2. "I Want To Hold Your Hand" - TV Carpio
3. "It Won’t Be Long - Evan Rachel Wood
4. "I’ve Just Seen A Face" - Jim Sturgess
5. "Let It Be" - Carol Woods, Timothy T. Mitchum
6. "Come Together" - Joe Cocker, Martin Luther
7. "Something" - Jim Sturgess
8. "I Am The Walrus" - Bono
9. "Oh Darling" - Dana Fuchs, Martin Luther
10. "Across the Universe" - ???
11. "Helter Skelter" - Dana Fuchs
12. "Strawberry Fields Forever" - Jim Sturgess, Joe Anderson
13. "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" - Joe Anderson
14. "Blackbird" - Evan Rachel Wood
15. "Hey Jude" - Joe Anderson
16. "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" - Bono

All songs performed by cast members during the movie, other than Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, which is played over the end credits.

Other songs used in the film:

"Girl" - Jim Sturgess
"Hold Me Tight" - Jim Sturgess, Evan Rachel Wood, Lisa Hogg
"With A Little Help From My Friends" - Joe Anderson, Jim Sturgess & Dorm Buddies
"Why Don't We Do It In The Road" - Dana Fuchs
"If I Fell" - Evan Rachel Wood
"I Want You" - Joe Anderson
"Dear Prudence" - Dana Fuchs, Jim Sturgess, Evan Rachel Wood, TV Carpio
"Flying" - The Secret Machines
"Blue Jay Way" - The Secret Machines
"The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" - Eddie Izzard
"Because" - Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess, Joe Anderson, Dana Fuchs, TV Carpio, Martin Luther
"Revolution" - Jim Sturgess
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" - Martin Luther
"Don't Let Me Down" - Dana Fuchs
"All You Need Is Love" - Jim Sturgess, Dana Fuchs

All songs performed by cast members except Flying and Blue Jay Way. I don't know who is singing Across the Universe. It's listed on the soundtrack page, but not the other page with all the good info, but it is heard during the trailer :shrug:

No specific information about that book, but I've seen similar books for other movies, and I imagine it consists of photos, storyboards, sketches, and information about the making of the movie.

u2trinity said:
sorry in all my Bono drool , I forgot to say thank you Val . :wave:

lol... Bono drool. We need a smilie with Bono actually drooling.

You're so welcome BonoFox1 and U2trinity. The movie looks wild!

hillers said:
I read that Edge sings in Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds too. :hyper:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09092007/entertainment/movies/fab_4_follies.htm

I cant wait to hear Bono's California/Nicolson accent :)

"I'd worked with Bono before - we have a common friend, [director] Neil Jordan, and we worked on one of his films. So we were very comfortable with each other. I chose the song for him - it came out of Julie's wishes that Dr. Robert be sort of an LSD guru, with a very typical California accent, 1960s, you know, and to our amazement and delight Bono was very comfortable with that - he nailed it. It's almost a Jack Nicholson type of accent."

Back
Top Bottom