Bono as Bond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
waynetravis said:
bondbono.jpg

:lol:

OOOOOO!!!!!:ohmy: I FOR SURE can live with this!:hyper:

I loved Brosnan as Bond but Bono???HELL YEAH!:drool:

It's not too late. Call in rewrite. Stop the shooting. Bring in the replacement. And I have just the character: Bono.

He has all the basics: Handsome (the shaggy look can be fixed with a haircut). Charm. And a British accent. (OK, it's Irish. Sean Connery is Scottish, and he was the best Bond ever.) And he's a brunet. Heck, if he's considered for a Nobel Prize, he ought to be eligible for a movie role.

*They got everything right!!!...Thank Gawd they didnt touch on the "height" issue.....Hopefully it will not be a requirement...

Miss Moneypenny perhaps?
Missmoneypenny.jpg

Evey time I see those drag photos all I can hear in my mind is "GOLD FINNNGGGA!"

Also, I'm surprised no one has posted that picture Anton took on the Tokyo photo shoot. It's the one with Bono and Adam (I think) on either side of a column in a subway station and Bono is holding up his finges like an imaginary gun...

And thanks to Bill Flanagan's book the only member I can see as Bond now is Adam (007 indeed!).

I want to be the next bondgirl

He has all the basics: Handsome (the shaggy look can be fixed with a haircut). Charm. And a British accent. (OK, it's Irish. Sean Connery is Scottish, and he was the best Bond ever.) And he's a brunet. Heck, if he's considered for a Nobel Prize, he ought to be eligible for a movie role.

:lmao: :lmao:

10,000,000,000 stars for this thread!! :hyper: :applaud:

Personally, I believe Pierce Brosnan was the only decent heir to the Bond throne after Sean Connery. But now that Brosnan's out, who IS worthy to fill those shoes? :hmm:

Wow - the idea of Bono as Bond... and just before I go to sleep for the evening??? :combust: :drool: Thank you Lawrence Shulruff. :yes: :up: :giggle:

...but I must admit that when I saw the picture of Bono holding the gun I was :huh:

Perhaps he will be allowed to use some other weapons.. Edge will provide it :wink: !

Galeongirl said:

what pic are you looking for? maybe I can help :wink: I want to see it!!!
and eah, larry would be a great bad guy,.. or a bouncer or so..

Thanks!! :up: The picture I'm trying to find is the one of Bono with his face close to the camera, he's wearing his glasses but he is looking over them and I think he's holding a glass in his hand.

If someone could find me that image then I'll try and make another Bono-Bond picture. Or if you find some decent images of Larry, Edge or Adam I'll see if I can do some villians :up:

SimplyConfused said:

THAT'S THE PICTURE!!! Finally, after all these weeks!! Remember that drawing I did, the first one? WELL THAT'S THE PICTURE!! *goes to Picture thread* I will in a sec.

And I agree with YDW: He'd make a brill baddie. And Bono as Bond? WOOOH! I love Bond. Brosnan was the best.

And that part about The Edge and Miss Moneypenny was the point when I laughed aloud.

Great article.

I actually recognised this picture from your drawing! Your drawings are great.

Waynetravis, that picture of Bond Bono is so cool, I could not stop laughing!:lol:

lady luck said:
...but I must admit that when I saw the picture of Bono holding the gun I was :huh:

Perhaps he will be allowed to use some other weapons.. Edge will provide it :wink: !
his eyes and charm are dangerous enough!!@!!!

also waynetravis, wich Era is that picture from? I have a few of those,... but it would help if you'd have more specific info, wich era, color/brand shades...
right now, this one's the most fitting to your description :wink:
ok he's not exactly looking over his shades, but still, the charm is there.... and I just like the pic! ;)
closeup2004bonochampagne9sz.jpg

dangerous man, that Bono :drool:

""" And the darling role of Miss Moneypenny would have to be filled by that scruffy character called The Edge.""""

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seriously, Bono would be an OK Bond, but Adam's the one with the impecable British class and the attitude....

Definitely, Adam is Bond. Edge definitely as Q. Bono would be the baddie, but a very very charming one. Dangerous but charming.

(sudden thought - i see Bono as Robin Hood... taking from the rich to give to the poor...... the vocation is there.....)

..... and Larry would be............ Moneypenny???? Uh, no ...... what do I see Larry as? maybe a kind of sidekick for Bond.......

sadly I haven't seen austin powers and have no idea what you're talking about... but wouldn't it be cool to be Bono's personal army XD
or instead of protecting him... we could be the enemies :wink:

BEVERLY56 said:
I think Miroslava would have to be the Bond girl.

:lmao:

I am so sure.

Glad to see you around, take it your surgery went well... Hmm, I lost your email address... Email me your street address will ya? I have something to mail to you and to Lies. :D

And this article is fantabulous... :drool:

:lmao: This is one of the best threads I have read in a long time!

If U2 were to take over the Bond movie than I would watch it over and over again :drool: Oh and I have to agree that Adam would make a great Bond!

Targon1991 said:

:drool:

aww, but i love pierce brosnan as Bond. :grumpy:

You've got the best of both! That's Brosnan's body I put Bono's head on!! :lol:

Next time I will put Pierce's head on Bono's body :lol: :hmm:

BEVERLY56 said:
Hi Galeon Girl. I still love you and am indebted to you forever.

:hmm: do you know how to use photoshop? if so, MAKE ME MORE BOND BONO :D

XD no just kidding, I know Im loveable and all, but youre not indebted to me... I didn't mind doing it at all, and if you're looking for more stuff, just tell me ;)

Back
Top Bottom