Bono and The Edge - 'Off The Record' Promos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:

I can't do both at the same time TV downstairs computer upstairs but I'll gladly chat with you tomorrow about it since no one here wants to hear me anymore!:huh:

I set up my comp in my room with my Tv right beside ((multitasking))

And JC dunno who would not want to hear from you anymore??:eyebrow: ....cause I do! ;):up:

OMG!!! It's on NOW!!!!:hyper:

Last edited:
can someone please tell me what this off the record thing is?

a special show or so?why is everyone excited (apart from the fact that Edge & Bono are there :D)

a-mole said:
can someone please tell me what this off the record thing is?

a special show or so?why is everyone excited (apart from the fact that Edge & Bono are there :D)

HBO is a cable channel here in the US.. A new show called "OFF THE RECORD" hosted by dave stewart (of the eurthymics) is interviewing Bono and Edge. I think the show is recorded in New York City. The actual taping of the show was last month I think.

Here's the link to the website: http://www.hbo.com/offtherecord/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category3

The show was complex and different. Liked it a lot. I tivo-ed it so I can't wait to watch again tomorrow! Hope you all get a chance to watch.

Could listen to Bono talk for hours and hours and continue to be so impressed but I'll tell you, the more I hear from the Edge lately, the more I like the guy. I'm usually focused totally on Bono but I loved hearing Edge tell his stories!

well done! :applaud:

BonoFox1 said:
1 HOUR was not ENOUGH!!!!!:mad:
I could've watched them for at least two more hours :drool:

I loved it. I loved seeing them relaxed and having fun and laughing and swearing. It was nice seeing them interviewed by a fellow musician, so things were able to get more in depth and technical (and right over my head in some places).

I really hope someone is able to get it online, not just because it's awesome and the HBO-less people deserve to see it, but because there were some excellent giffing opportunities in there :yes:

makes me want one of these now!
margarita.jpg

I loved the background stories for how songs came to be. (The audience selected Acrobat, Bullet and Bad)

I find it amazing that Bono still isn't happy with the lyrics from Bad. Such a great song. For those who haven't seen this yet -- Bono said he's still trying to change the lyrics and finish the song when he performs it live.
Fascinating story about Bullet... geez, how many times Bono (and Ali) have been in the middle of gunfire? Bono made it sound like it was several times. He felt bad about taking his young bride to Central America and getting them in the middle of a pretty dangerous situation. wow.
Ok, can't sleep - maybe I'll watch again...

U2Fanatic4ever said:

HBO is a cable channel here in the US.. A new show called "OFF THE RECORD" hosted by dave stewart (of the eurthymics) is interviewing Bono and Edge. I think the show is recorded in New York City. The actual taping of the show was last month I think.

Here's the link to the website: http://www.hbo.com/offtherecord/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category3

ah ok... thank you very much :) Now i just need to get my hands on it :D

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
^^ agreed it was GREAT ..Im sure given the chance Bono would talk for hours (like you said)

It was funny and very real I LOVED it!!!:happy:

I loved they are very funny together, and seem more like brothers than anything else...

My favorite story was when he was talking about walking through the jungle and he saw f*** Jesus on the wall and said do they really hate Jesus and God around here....and the guide said no thats Jesus, he lives around the corner!!! I'd like to see it again and I tried to record it but couldn't (damn technology)!

JCOSTER said:

I loved they are very funny together, and seem more like brothers than anything else...

My favorite story was when he was talking about walking through the jungle and he saw f*** Jesus on the wall and said do they really hate Jesus and God around here....and the guide said no thats Jesus, he lives around the corner!!! I'd like to see it again and I tried to record it but couldn't (damn technology)!

Yeah no worries. It is scheduled to re-run a few more times...;)

Back
Top Bottom