Bono and Rushdie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
I have a good friend who really likes Bono and is also a HUGE fan of Salman Rushdie.

Does anyone here have any photos or articles related to the times when Bono and Rushdie have been together. Rusdie comments on U2 or Bono, interviews of Salman Rushdie where he makes comments about the band, and viceversa etc.. anything!!

I know that Rushdie appeared on stage with U2 during the ZooTV era/ tour. He also stayed at his house for awhile, so there's gotta be some stuff out there. So any pics, links, etc.. would be super. I am hoping to get stuff to her for christmas!! :up:

bono_rusdhie.jpg

rushdie.jpg

bonosalman.jpg

bonorushdie.jpg

salmbono.gif

"I suggested facetiously that they might consider renaming the band U2+1, or, even better, Me2, but I think they'd heard all those gags before."

Salman Rushdie

great pics!!! thank you so much everyone!!!!!

anyone know where I can get some articles, or references out of U2 books about Rushdie with the band/Bono?

Thanks again!!!

The picture of Bono and Rushdie with Christy Turlington is from BP Fallon's book U2 Faraway (So Close!), which is one of my all-time favorite U2 books but is unfortunately out of print. I think there's also some mention of Rushdie in Bill Flanagan's excellent U2 at the End of the World. The book has a very comprehensive index, so you don't have to spend hours searching for just one little mention.

If bono didn't have his Bvlgari's in his hand, I could SWEAR this was ZooTv era Bono!!!! omg he looks so young... :drool: handsome.... :drool: Bono...

BonoIsMyMuse said:
The picture of Bono and Rushdie with Christy Turlington is from BP Fallon's book U2 Faraway (So Close!), which is one of my all-time favorite U2 books but is unfortunately out of print. I think there's also some mention of Rushdie in Bill Flanagan's excellent U2 at the End of the World. The book has a very comprehensive index, so you don't have to spend hours searching for just one little mention.

thanks a bunch! I have flanagan's book, and already exhausted all the tidbits about rushdie in it, but i'm heading for the library to check BP Fallon's (they have it!) and take some notes. That will be excellent!

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
tootty86 said:

Oh my God!!! Tootty85, U2granny, and BonoismyMuse, thank you all so much for all these great photos!! She is going to to be :drool: !

I can't wait to print them all off . My friend is going to faint!! :faint:

PLEBA ROCKS!!! :rockon:

If you're looking to buy your friend a Rushdie-related gift, I strongly suggest The Ground Beneath Her Feet (his book, not U2's song). It's a long read, but it's one of the best books I've ever read.

And I absolutely love that your library has the BP Fallon book. It's such a great book, and I hate that it's gone out of print. I've had my copy since I was 16 :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Great pics!

Salman Rushdie is coming to my school in a few months...

Hi LivLuv,

you lucky duck! That is sooo cool. That should be an awesome lecture!

where do you go to college? Do you have any idea where to find out info. about Rushdie's lecturing schedule? My friend is going out to europe next year (Ireland mostly). I bet she'd love to find out where he might be lecturing.

Back
Top Bottom